• For

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Against

Votes: 88 90.7%
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Ok, bad shit happened... now how is more killing going to fix things?

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
we're not doing it to help the people being attacked, we have an agenda. we would never attempt to destroy a gvt unless we wanted their resources. think of the genocides in africa, did we start world wars because of them? no, because there is nothing we can gain from attacking and controlling their gvts. so they suffer and we turn a blind eye and people dont really think about it anymore.

·
Banned
2,581 Posts
Against it. Syria is not a threat to national security. We've (USA) made enough enemies around the world sticking our noses where it doesn't belong. We're tired of wars in the Middle East. We don't have the money. We risk revenge & getting pulled into another 12 year war, in which case enough American soldiers have already died or had their lives destroyed. The USA needs to stop being the world's police. We have enough problems here at home that we can't fix or pay for. IMHO.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Of-course against it ,it's simply an unnecessary war that USA is planning on ,for its personal gains ,not for some welfare of humanity .

·
Registered
580 Posts
Eh... I think we need to segregate the nations and let them handle their own disputes.. This is like getting involved with something only because it's being gossiped about via T.V. The people affected need to be the ones to choose action and them alone. Don't make a mess of other people's problems just because we know what's going on..

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
we're not doing it to help the people being attacked, we have an agenda. we would never attempt to destroy a gvt unless we wanted their resources. think of the genocides in africa, did we start world wars because of them? no, because there is nothing we can gain from attacking and controlling their gvts. so they suffer and we turn a blind eye and people dont really think about it anymore.
Finally someone who has the guts to say it....

BTW, I'm against.

100 Posts
I'm against bombing Syria, but not against taking action. It's hard to just watch as innocent people suffer because the government abuses its people into submission.

Declaring war on Syria might lead to another Iraq War. And between Iraq and Pakistan, as well as the situation in Egypt, there's too much going on for armed forces to handle. Not to mention armed intervention would only lead to more suffering.

A better solution would be to run a covert program to help those who want to escape Syria escape as refugees. The logistics wouldn't be any heavier than those of a war, I'm sure.

·
Registered
69 Posts
So we're going to kill a bunch of random Syrians because other Syrians killed yet more Syrians. Yeah, makes perfect sense.

What makes more sense is that we are trying to encircle Iran and eliminate their allies in the region, probably because of the Iranian Oil Bourse selling oil priced in gold and Euros. Iraq and Libya tried the same thing with the same effect. Its not hard to see the pattern there.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I am for a sustained international effort to remove Assad from power, up to and including a bombing campaign to destroy his military assets. I am against launching a few cruise missiles for little effect so that Mr. Obama can save face for an ultimatum he seems to regret giving.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Of course the united states has an agenda - these days its become nothing more than a greedy corporation. Those who think the US cares about "peace" are very naive. The world policing is more like crooked policing by psychopath pigs who are nothing more than thugs who are above the law. And its a shame. This country could have been great had it turned out the way the forefathers had envisioned. Now we don't even have the constitution.

·
Registered
778 Posts
The war is not for personal gains of the USA. It's for Israel because you know...they own the US government.
Its pretty clear to all that USA wants to attack Syria because of Israel's conflict with Syria,and since Israel has very good trade relations with US which are very important for US ,it's going to do whatever it takes to protect ,secure and maintain its relation with Israel.So in other words this war is of-course all about USA's personal gain .

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Sadly indifferent, seeing power hungry, people last mentalities replaying in the same old ways does become emotionally draining* (perhaps part of the reason I shied away from history as a subject when travesties on the human scale often occur).

*Actually avoiding news watching, newspapers, 'current world events' and media representations for a few years wishing I still could, knowing so many issues of faith or humanity are just that; insecurity, greed, apathy and the absence of empathy on a grander scale.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts