Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear England chops your Pness off when you enter the country. Was anyone bred and born here? How are you coping? Did you leave?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Do you mean Britain, or the UK? Speaking as an Irish-Welsh hybrid, I don't really think of myself as "from England".
:happy:

Whatever. Maybe you found a different bit of it. I'm a Brit, have always lived here, and I get by. I don't feel that my Pness is under attack, particularly. I seem to spend a lot of time with xNxPs.

What is the problem you're experiencing?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Hey: Us Swedes are called " the germans of Scandinavia" because of our work ethics and structured organizations. And then here I come....

P perhaps deserves more "respect" but it is often useful to develop your J toget things done. Worse is the lack of understanding of N by the vast S and SJ majority....

·
Banned
998 Posts
Hey: Us Swedes are called " the germans of Scandinavia" because of our work ethics and structured organizations. And then here I come....

P perhaps deserves more "respect" but it is often useful to develop your J toget things done. Worse is the lack of understanding of N by the vast S and SJ majority....
If the germans were smart they'd base their economy on exporting ovens. I'm sure their technology is very advanced due to the boost they got during WWII innovation period as far as ovens are concerned.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Rephrase that if you want replys. England is not Britain and Britain is not England.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
If the germans were smart they'd base their economy on exporting ovens. I'm sure their technology is very advanced due to the boost they got during WWII innovation period as far as ovens are concerned.
...and they were good with soap too.

Seriously I think this is a bit disturbing (the humor).... as my grandparents fled during WW2.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rephrase that if you want replys. England is not Britain and Britain is not England.
I am pretty sure I specifically said ENGLAND.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Well, Ok, I do live in England, and have done for much of my life. The 15 years I spent living in Wales weren't much different. What is the issue that troubles you?

I'm really intrigued here, because I don't regard the UK as a particularly J-ish country, we're pretty laid back here y'know. I did live in Australia for a while, and THAT was difficult as an NP, but not here.

·
Registered
145 Posts
That is so wrong...and I am equally wrong for finding humor in that. :blushed:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm from Canada, and I think it's a far more NP type country. Most of the people I have met have had SJ mentality, not to mention the SYSTEM itself. Everything is rush rush, do this and do that. Keep busy.

Meh, I'm not saying it's all bad, just making gross generalizations and vague open-ended rants...all of which mean nothing.

*But it would be nice to hang out with a few xNTx's or some xNxP's for a change. Ugh.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I'm from Canada, and I think it's a far more NP type country. Most of the people I have met have had SJ mentality, not to mention the SYSTEM itself. Everything is rush rush, do this and do that. Keep busy.
Western vs. Eastern Canada are different types.

Every Western Canadian I've known has been seriously xxxP.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
It is the SJs that do the stuff that keeps the society running when in static mode, but they never stop to think why or what else. It is the P tasks to loosen it up and adapt to change, and the N task to devise new ways of doing things and solutions.

SJ s are the worker ants... What does that make us? Drones?...;-)

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
There are plenty of P types... in fact, most people I know are NFP or STP, but there are very few NTPs. I don't think I know any, honestly.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Englands not SJ at all so I dunno where you've been hanging out. Anyway come to scotland we're better! Especially If you like a drink!:laughing:

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Yeah, tbf, we could never have made the Emparh or won t't War without SPs or NTs.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Been thinking about this. I had a nightmare when I lived in Oz, cos it was very very SJ. It occurs to me that beaurocracy is by its nature SJ, and a foreign country's beaurocracy is always hard to navigate, so it must really stand out. And then there is the thing that most people are SJ types, so it can take a while to find your NP soulmates. And you're young and working overseas, so you'll be in a city, which is kind of non-stop, and so on and so forth.

I reckon if towns had personalities, the one I live in would be INFP, with a hint of INFJ and some ENFJ, but probably just when drunk.....

Whatever. All of this just means you have to stick around longer......we're OK here, really.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts