Personality Cafe banner

Are you from England?

[ENTP] 
4K views 38 replies 18 participants last post by  mayhamfx 
#1 ·
I swear England chops your Pness off when you enter the country. Was anyone bred and born here? How are you coping? Did you leave?

#2 ·
Do you mean Britain, or the UK? Speaking as an Irish-Welsh hybrid, I don't really think of myself as "from England".
:happy:

Whatever. Maybe you found a different bit of it. I'm a Brit, have always lived here, and I get by. I don't feel that my Pness is under attack, particularly. I seem to spend a lot of time with xNxPs.

What is the problem you're experiencing?

#5 ·
Hey: Us Swedes are called " the germans of Scandinavia" because of our work ethics and structured organizations. And then here I come....

P perhaps deserves more "respect" but it is often useful to develop your J toget things done. Worse is the lack of understanding of N by the vast S and SJ majority....

#10 ·
Well, Ok, I do live in England, and have done for much of my life. The 15 years I spent living in Wales weren't much different. What is the issue that troubles you?

I'm really intrigued here, because I don't regard the UK as a particularly J-ish country, we're pretty laid back here y'know. I did live in Australia for a while, and THAT was difficult as an NP, but not here.

#12 ·
I'm from Canada, and I think it's a far more NP type country. Most of the people I have met have had SJ mentality, not to mention the SYSTEM itself. Everything is rush rush, do this and do that. Keep busy.

Meh, I'm not saying it's all bad, just making gross generalizations and vague open-ended rants...all of which mean nothing.

*But it would be nice to hang out with a few xNTx's or some xNxP's for a change. Ugh.

#13 ·
I'm from Canada, and I think it's a far more NP type country. Most of the people I have met have had SJ mentality, not to mention the SYSTEM itself. Everything is rush rush, do this and do that. Keep busy.
Western vs. Eastern Canada are different types.

Every Western Canadian I've known has been seriously xxxP.

#14 ·
It is the SJs that do the stuff that keeps the society running when in static mode, but they never stop to think why or what else. It is the P tasks to loosen it up and adapt to change, and the N task to devise new ways of doing things and solutions.

SJ s are the worker ants... What does that make us? Drones?...;-)

#20 ·
Been thinking about this. I had a nightmare when I lived in Oz, cos it was very very SJ. It occurs to me that beaurocracy is by its nature SJ, and a foreign country's beaurocracy is always hard to navigate, so it must really stand out. And then there is the thing that most people are SJ types, so it can take a while to find your NP soulmates. And you're young and working overseas, so you'll be in a city, which is kind of non-stop, and so on and so forth.

I reckon if towns had personalities, the one I live in would be INFP, with a hint of INFJ and some ENFJ, but probably just when drunk.....

Whatever. All of this just means you have to stick around longer......we're OK here, really.

#27 ·
I know. Weird, huh? At work I have to make loads of lists to make sure I get all my stuff done and I have to work to all my deadlines, and I seem more like I'm making decisions based on thinking rather than feeling because I keep myself to myself quite a lot and focus on the job.
This is just what I've been told...not sure how it fits in properly with cognitive functions etc, it was just how someone typed me based on what they'd seen of me in "work mode".

#30 · (Edited)
It isn't. I reckon sinistral's expoerience is not representative.....or perhaps my family represents the only British reservoir for Pness......my Mum is P (ENFP), my four siblings and I also (infp/istp/exfp/ME/enfp). All of us born in England (except Mum, she Welsh).

Come to think of it though, are we just "P" for Brits? If I moved to Vancouver, would people piss me off by being too laid back when I want to get something done? How much is our personality type related to those around us?

#32 ·
Come to think of it though, are we just "P" for Brits? If I moved to Vancouver, would people piss me off by being too laid back when I want to get something done?
You might get that feeling if you moved to Victoria or the Gulf Islands between BC and Washington. Victoria has an overwhelmingly ENFP attitude.

I've always thought of Vancouver as hyper-J, but that could just be because of my unrealistically perceiving vantage point.

#31 ·
I think its not just england there are many countries, which seem to chop your Pness.

There are really few countries, in the world which i say ENTP friendly, and still, besides world will take some more years, to actually meet the ENTP standards.

It needs improvement in your already outdated education system run by SJ's for most of the part of the world.
Needs improvement in their economy so that we dont struck up at our stupid jobs, and do something that actually values to us, and what we love.
More maturity , from the peoples part.

I think it would be much better to migrate to a place if you really can which values your ENTPness.
Then chop off your ENTPness. Because ENTP value system is one of the best. and being an ENTP is one of the best things you have and you should not compromise on that.

Or shield yourself in an economy , so that you retain your ENTPness.

#34 ·
Hmm, this is about strength of preferences and might highlight the difficulty with the formal M-B test, which I believe looks at you via the four domains E/I, N/S, T/F and P/J, and cognitive functional tests.

On the formal M-B I cam quite close on P vs. J and also E vs. I, yet my N score was 100%, S 0%, and on cognitive functional tests Ne and Ti come way higher than any other functions, and very close together. The fact that they are close presumably reflects being close on E vs. I, but a weak P preference and 100% N shouldn't really match with what you say?

Just looking around ay my desk and the remedial stuff I am currently having to do to get over the recent car insurance thing which I keep going on about but which really shamed me...I am probably quite P for Vancouver......:tongue:

#36 ·
100% red-blooded American, not from England, but spent a lot of time in Wankerland, and came back saying bloody hell, or "bluuddy ew" and laughing everytime someone in America said "fanny"

also went out a few times talking in a northern English accent, and convinced two chicks I was from MUN-chistah, then subsequently met a mutual friend of theirs who blew my cover

ebagum

#37 ·
Born in England, immigrated to Canada with my parent when I was 5. Grew up I North Vancouver, live out in the valley now. Penis works fine, all there not even missing the end of it.

PS Toronto sucks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.