Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SHUT UP and POST!

*Talking to myself*

Oh hi people. I just wanted to know. What's your take on goofiness?

I'm often in different moods where I want to be goofy or do not want to be at all. I suppose I like making puns and asking odd questions to entertain people when I feel like it. My dad is the same way, sometimes he loves poking tons of fun at me and then in other stages, he is no-nonsense. I probably carry a lot more goofy nonsense than he does.

·
Registered
13 Posts
it depends who i am with, if i know the person, i tend to be goofy, but if i am meeting them for the first time, i tend to be more composed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
it depends who i am with, if i know the person, i tend to be goofy, but if i am meeting them for the first time, i tend to be more composed.
Ditto. I love to have fun with my best friend when we're both relaxed. I must say I'm mostly serious, though. I wish it was easier to "lighten up" with people I don't know.

Reactions: restlessdiesels

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah being silly around friends and people I'm comfortable with is the best.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have this "goofy" mood I have when I am with the friends I enjoy being with the most.

It's my feel good feeling coming out and like someone else said, I wish I could be that way around others as well.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I've been accused of being on drugs before, and the most common comment people make about me is that I'm weird '...You're really weird you know that' :laughing:/:confused:/:mellow:, '...You're strange' :mellow:, equally I can clam up, it depends on my company and how energetic I'm feeling. I enjoy it when I am.
Yeah, I have often been called weird as well. A strange bloke this one is, he is.

But yes, I have been know to be goofy. I have the uncanny ability to, when after getting acquainted, make anyone laugh. Its definitely a trial by error process, however when I find the grove, my goodness, I can have people laughing for hours.

I have a difficulty being humorous in front of a larger group of people, though.

Reactions: HandiAce

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I do not particularly enjoy it, as I can't really turn it off. I am not very emotional, so when I get into that goofy mood, I end up being goofy when it's inappropriate. Or so it seems....

·
Registered
112 Posts
My fiance is very goofy when he's around me and his family. It's when he's serious (for no other reason, that is) that I start to worry about him. It was a little overwhelming at first, but it does get me to loosen up a bit and make life less boring.

Unfortunately there are times when it annoys me, especially when I'm trying to study for school or do homework. I hate being disturbed while working because I just can't concentrate when someone is constantly talking to me when I'm trying to write or read. There is worktime and then there is playtime.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm goofy around people I'm really close to and comfortable around. If there's any chance that the other person isn't going to find me funny, I won't joke. I think a lot of people view me as being completely serious or having no sense of humour because I haven't given them a chance to see the silly side of me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't know if I'm really goofy, but I do like to be funny and to make people laugh. But even after I'm really relaxed with someone and can just joke randomly without pre-editing my toughts, I can get my guard up in a second. I hate it when someone doesn't get my joke and then they'll be just silent, you know? It makes me feel immediately that the person thinks I'm weird (not in a good way) and once again think really carefully on what I am about to say. Insecuriness, never heard...

Do you have that?

Even when I'm in a situation where someone tells a strange joke etc, I'll just be like yeah or ok (and just think inside my head like what a weird comment) but definately not be just silent and let the person feel akward! I don't know, maybe I'm just weird :)tongue:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm known to get a little weird and a little goofy at times only around people I feel comfortable around. In class settings it takes a year for me to open up otherwise I'm a clam. It doesn't help also that I can make a lot of weird noise's and voice's that you wouldn't imagine that I could do so unless you haven't been around be much you would sorta freaked out a little. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
It doesn't help also that I can make a lot of weird noise's and voice's that you wouldn't imagine that I could do so unless you haven't been around be much you would sorta freaked out a little. :crazy:
:laughing: I do that. I used to go into characters, but now adays it's mostly voices or noises.

·
Registered
34 Posts
:laughing: I do that. I used to go into characters, but now adays it's mostly voices or noises.
ahaha I used to do characters also but not anymore, well only in rare moments for kids as entertainment they appreciate it more. :laughing:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've been accused of being on drugs before, and the most common comment people make about me is that I'm weird '...You're really weird you know that' :laughing:/:confused:/:mellow:, '...You're strange' :mellow:, equally I can clam up, it depends on my company and how energetic I'm feeling. I enjoy it when I am.
Im terribly goofy when im surrounded by my close friends or family...to the point where theyvre been queried before about my introvertedness and all gone...HER? an introvert?! no way...
If im having fun with friends at a party or out clubbing etc im often accused of being way too drunk (NB. I dont drink...not a drop for almost a year)....
perhaps its my way of covering up awkwardness?
if i act crazy ppl will think im weird, not talk to me, therefore im left to my own devices and can interact only with the people i wish to...
probably doesnt make sense...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah I get really goofy and silly when I'm with people I'm close to. People are always telling me I'm weird. :p I tell them I like it that way because otherwise life is uninteresting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts