Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hubby's an ENTJ and he can't sit still, ever! He has to be moving... Whether it's tapping his fingers or moving his leg from side to side, he HAS to be moving in some way... It drives me crazy!! (Not exactly sure why it bothers me so much)

Why can't he just sit still for alil bit..?!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
ADHD? Anxiety? Why does it have to be type related?

Reactions: MsBossyPants

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
He's definitely not ADHD.. I was just curious if it was something that other ENTJs do..
He may just have General Anxiety. Just to humor you...

No I don't have issues with being restless in the sense that I am fidgety. I like to be on the move and engaged for the most part, but this is more a matter of using my time to tie loose ends or be productive.

·
Registered
ENTJ - 8w7
3,444 Posts
The hubby's an ENTJ and he can't sit still, ever! He has to be moving... Whether it's tapping his fingers or moving his leg from side to side, he HAS to be moving in some way... It drives me crazy!! (Not exactly sure why it bothers me so much)

Why can't he just sit still for alil bit..?!
Not at all. That behavior drives me crazy. Nothing worse than fidgety people. Right or wrong, I equate it with a lack of self control and I automatically think less of the person.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not at all. That behavior drives me crazy. Nothing worse than fidgety people. Right or wrong, I equate it with a lack of self control and I automatically think less of the person.
Now that sounds like an ENTJ mentality.. Makes sense to me, somehow.. Now if only he'd read your thoughts about it and realize that it's rational thought, and change his behavior... Haha! Probably not.....

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I have a shit ton of energy, but I am 18, and so I sometimes find myself tapping my foot. I used to be worse.

Generally I am more calm, though. I have little face ticks, also.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I only start moving like that when I get absolutely bored. But, otherwise, my only vice is sitting with my legs fully stretched. I hate having to sit in cramped spaces... hate it with all my pancreas.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a shit ton of energy, but I am 18, and so I sometimes find myself tapping my foot. I used to be worse.

Generally I am more calm, though. I have little face ticks, also.
my husband has a crap ton of energy too.. He never stops to just relaaaaaaax.. He's gotta be moving something

·
Registered
4 Posts
I only start moving like that when I get absolutely bored. But, otherwise, my only vice is sitting with my legs fully stretched. I hate having to sit in cramped spaces... hate it with all my pancreas.
I can focus and listen well, but if I am not intellectually engaged, I have to tap my feet. When I'm in the thick of something that interests me, it doesn't happen. In meetings, well, I'm not a stationary person.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Sitting still... HATE IT

I'm not a statue.

Self-control is overrated, let me free.

I will do it if the situation calls for it.

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
I hit the ground running. I have a lot of energy and put it to specific purpose. I'm always doing something. I can sit quietly and read a book, that's still doing something.

If by "not being able to sit still' you mean fidgety like drumming nails on a table top, or fiddling with stuff within reach, or unable to sit still in a chair - then, no.

Reactions: -Halo-

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I tend to play with pens, or things of that nature, but for the most part I'm like a statue.

·
Registered
ENTJ, 8w7
2,796 Posts
I can sit still almost indefinitely (or at least until I need to use the restroom, lol) if my attention is focused on incoming information, a task, or a group of tasks. If I am not focused in this manner, I'll start tapping my fingers, fiddling with a pen, disassembling a pen and putting it back together, disassembling any other small object within arm's reach and putting it back together, etc.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Sometimes I'm up on my feet and moving all day, and other times I sit for literally 5 hours straight. It really depends on what I'm doing at the moment. I'm always busy with something, but homework or computer-related tasks don't require me to move.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.