1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it an ENFP-girl thing?
Or is it a girl thing?
Or an ENFP thing?

Not complaining at all but I witnessed my girlfriend cry three times in the last one week. One of it was my fault when I actually asked her "Will you fall out of love?" I was just thinking it and she persuaded me to tell her what was making me so thoughtful and detached.

This other time, she was telling me about how much she loves her grandmother and she felt bad when her grandmother was hurt some months back and she started weeping. I really didn't know how to react other than "Hey, I love you. You have a good heart." It makes her smile and get back to being jolly.

Also, what do you guys think of a long distance relationship? We might not be in the same University in a few months and I really want things to work out.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
I wouldn't describe myself as a crybaby, although it doesn't take much to make me cry. I can relate with the grandmother story . When i love people, it hurts me when they are hurting. I can't remember the last time i would have cried 4 times in one week, that would be a bit much for me personally. I don't hold back tears if i'm hurting, although i don't cry for the sake of it either. Come to think of it i'm quite content in my life, so no reason to cry other than maybe the odd sentimental movie.

Reactions: Ember

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't describe myself as a crybaby, although it doesn't take much to make me cry. I can relate with the grandmother story . When i love people, it hurts me when they are hurting. I can't remember the last time i would have cried 4 times in one week, that would be a bit much for me personally. I don't hold back tears if i'm hurting, although i don't cry for the sake of it either. Come to think of it i'm quite content in my life, so no reason to cry other than maybe the odd sentimental movie.
Yeah, she is the sort who would make fun of Nicholas Sparks and go, "God, this movie is awful." but smaller 'meaningful' things make her cry. Won't call her a crybaby, either.

·
Banned
4,611 Posts
I get tears in my eyes absurdly easily. It's embarrassing. I can just be talking about something I care a lot about and it happens. Granted, this isn't full-on weeping. It's just an unfortunate thing my body does.

But yeah, I'm pretty sentimental. But I'm also a cynical bastard sometimes. It really depends.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Yeah, she is the sort who would make fun of Nicholas Sparks and go, "God, this movie is awful." but smaller 'meaningful' things make her cry. Won't call her a crybaby, either.
Things with real meaning , or things that grab at my heart strings can cause me to tear up. Sometimes stories people tell me can bring me to tears too, especially if they start crying. Joy, excitement, or surprises can make me cry too. Also poverty, homeless and the less fortunate .

Then i can be quite hard about things too. It really depends on the situation i guess. I've been described as heartless, there are just some things that don't make me sad, or upset. Depends on my Fi, with whom, and the circumstances surrounding it.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Things with real meaning , or things that grab at my heart strings can cause me to tear up. Sometimes stories people tell me can bring me to tears too, especially if they start crying. Joy, excitement, or surprises can make me cry too. Also poverty, homeless and the less fortunate .
Oh! Yeah, we were walking down the streets and she saw an elderly man begging on the streets, and she felt so bad. Both of us decided to open an old-age home once we are richer.

She brings out the F in me.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
But yeah, I'm pretty sentimental. But I'm also a cynical bastard sometimes. It really depends.
This!!!! So much, this!

I have a tendency to tear up at things that others might find silly, like dog food commercials when someone is talking about how much she loves her dog. I don't even have a dog but I just get choked up by it; I can't help it!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I can be very sentimental, for sure. It annoys me sometimes because I can attach meanings to things that otherwise would be meaningless. I don't see anything wrong with that, but it can set myself up for hurt much more easily. I am no cry baby. I hardly cry/weep/whatever. It's not too hard for me to tear up though or just get my eyes to water. No one sees me cry, or rarely at least. It isn't something I do in front of others unless I really can't hold it in and I happen to place a good amount of trust in them.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
I can definitely be sentimental. I have a sentimental cry just about every week. That would seem excessive to a lot of people, but I don't always feel bad or sad when I'm crying. I sometimes cry because I'm grateful to have the things that I do have, though there are times when I cry because someone I love or care about is hurting. Underneath my exterior, I'm a big ol' ball of mush... and tears :p

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is it an ENFP-girl thing?
Or is it a girl thing?
Or an ENFP thing?

Not complaining at all but I witnessed my girlfriend cry four times in the last one week. One of it was my fault when I actually asked her "Will you fall out of love?" I was just thinking it and she persuaded me to tell her what was making me so thoughtful and detached.

This other time, she was telling me about how much she loves her grandmother and she felt bad when her grandmother was hurt some months back and she started weeping. I really didn't know how to react other than "Hey, I love you. You have a good heart." It makes her smile and get back to being jolly.

Also, what do you guys think of a long distance relationship? We might not be in the same University in a few months and I really want things to work out.
While I dont tear up all that often, I am an incredibly sentimental person. I get choked up a a lot, but I'd imagine years of being in an environment where crying was a mortal sin probably shaped my behavior quite a bit lol.

I find it hits me at the most random times, and for some of the most random things. For example I got choked up earlier today listening to The Answer in my car when a specific song came on.

Reactions: Bumblyjack

·
Registered
280 Posts
Crying is relative for me. It depends on where I am, what I'm doing, who I am with. But being hurt is beyond easy for me. I try not to show it (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't), but usually I can be hurt very, very easily. I don't like it, but that's how I know that I really care about people.

Reactions: Bumblyjack

·
Registered
404 Posts
Not really, though I'm still not certain what personality type I am. (ENxP).

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I'm of the belief that this is an ENFP thing, in general.

I don't cry often, but when something hits me, I'll be sensitive to even the littlest things for a few days. I had an extremely hard time when my first "family" dog passed away, (she was put to sleep by her owners while I was at work, without my knowledge). She passed away back in 2009; and there are times when I find pictures of her- or even see dog commercials that remind me of her in some way, that make me tear up. The most recent time I cried was when I found out one of my family members was going through a very rough time. It's all a way of release when I have an overwhelming surge of emotion. I have this overwhelming urge to "fix" things when myself or anyone else is in pain- when I can't help, I get frustrated and the waterworks flow. I've cried from being overwhelmed with happiness on more than one occasion too.

I do know a male ENFP as well; and though he hasn't cried in front of me often, I know he's sentimental and gets emotional as well.

Sorry, I don't have more to offer in the way of long distance relationships. Also, MAJOR props for saying "Hey, I love you. You have a good heart."- That is EXACTLY something that would cheer me up in an instant as well. :)

Reactions: Paradox1987

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
About weird stuff I am extremely sentimental.

I don't put up with super cheesy romantic stuff because it seems so fake. That kind of thing doesn't get to me at all.

But like...I cry a lot, all the same. A chord change in a song that hits me deep, the beauty of the vastness and complexity of this world and the people in it, a story that feels real, those moments in which I start to understand how unbelievably blessed my life has been...And sometimes it's something like me thinking about how proud I am of Britney Spears. I have cried about that at least once in the past month. It's all fine.

Basically - this world is rough, and the times in which I am exposed to genuine struggles or triumphs in it...I am crying.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Me? Sentimental?! I'm so touched you noticed!!! *sniffs*.

In seriousness though, I can be moved rather easily, but it needs to be by something real. I can see through people trying to play on sentiment from a mile away.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I cry a lot when people separate in movies... especially parent child issues.

I cry when I watch K-dramas. lol

hmmm, thats about it... Movies and books make me bawl. In reality I cry when I am overwhelmed, stressed out and its angry tears gosh, especially if someone sees me, its like a temper tandrum. i cant stop.

i may shed a tear is someone dies... i am not used to anyone close to me dying so idk about that.

Its could be an ENFP thing why she cries but dont count her as soppy because of it, it may just be HER trigger. Everyone has one (some weird ones too).

Long distance relationships are challenging!! geeez. whatever you do! dont call her on the phone a million times a day unless thats what she is into (been there, not a good look). and if she is into in, dont argue that she calls you a million times a day.

Just dont be annoying, and if she is annoying dont be brutal about it. You can set times to call each other and set dates to meet up. Its hard work for real. But if you/her dont lose interest it will be worth it :) good luck!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Long distance relationships are challenging!! geeez. whatever you do! dont call her on the phone a million times a day unless thats what she is into (been there, not a good look). and if she is into in, dont argue that she calls you a million times a day.

Just dont be annoying, and if she is annoying dont be brutal about it. You can set times to call each other and set dates to meet up. Its hard work for real. But if you/her dont lose interest it will be worth it :) good luck!
If both of us end up doing similarly in the Common Law Test (Similar to US' SATs), we'll end up going to the same Law College. If not, we'll just... give it a try. I don't want things to turn bitter. I doubt I'll get the time to call her a million times a day. I hate being clingy. She doesn't like it either. Works out.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Me? Sentimental?! I'm so touched you noticed!!! *sniffs*.

In seriousness though, I can be moved rather easily, but it needs to be by something real. I can see through people trying to play on sentiment from a mile away.
Me too. I ask myself sometimes why i can be more sympathetic, then i come to the realization that the issue didn't feel genuine, or maybe they were looking for self pity. I find it really hard to give people my sympathy when i don't sense that genuine sadness . It doesn't look so good when i put them on ignore, although my gut can determine a pity party from something real.

Reactions: Paradox1987
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.