Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,147 Posts
Considering it at this point given that I am dissatisfied with the usual stuff and the normie world is incredibly boring with its materialistic limitations on beliefs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I love crystals because they are so pretty but l don't necessarily believe they have powers like some people want them to have.

Meditation for me has nothing to do with New age. It is a discipline and its benefits have been scientifically proven.

I was into new agey stuff but only for a short period because l realised how many charlatans there are in the field. I am still attracted to the aesthetic part of it though (tapestry, incense, bright colours, singing bowls etc) and l strongly believe in the power of healing herbs (but l am not sure if this counts as new age)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've always been curious regarding all that..... But I wouldn't say I'm a firm believer in that stuff( plus I'm pretty religious so there's that :proud:). I know my one friend loves her crystals. She even brings one with her when she writes exams and then there is my other friends that meditate everyday. I have done some research on all the new age things and it is pretty interesting, but i wouldn't say I'm into it :tongue:

Reactions: artofbalance

·
Edgelord
INFP 5w4 - ILI - Chaotic Good
6,942 Posts
I find it to be bullshitty, even being a moderately spiritual person myself.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
in my experience, people are different ..as in, I tried playing with crystals I'm not entirely sure if they affected me. but I had a friend who absolutely loved them.
in the same way I've met people who use the moon, nature.
I did have intensely bright visions with an amethyst and I have a rose quartz lol in my kitchen cupboards (for some reason, just thought it'd be nice there).

what's happened with me is rather realistic. doing similar things but with ordinary psychology, psychiatry.. meditation fits there too.

but I admit I'm still not away from it all, I just feel there's more out there-- even unicorns (a type of angel they say) and I have certainly encountered orbs though never talked to them.

·
Premium Member
15,241 Posts
I have crystals, or clear beveled glass hanging in my front window. When the sun hits them, they throw rainbows on the walls. I also have one huge cut glass crystal looking thing, that hangs and is powered by the sun and twirls and twirls around, throwing different lights on the wall, reminds me of a disco ball.

I light a ton of candles when in the mood. Yankee Candles, all kinds of scents.

I pay a subscription to Calm Radio and listen to many of the new agey channels there. The wind chime channel, the singing bowls channel, all the *sounds of nature* channels, all the "planets" channel, kundalini channel, zen/spa/aromatherapy channel... well, you get the idea.

Not into witchcraft, spells, moon rituals, nature rituals, meditation or yoga.

My library is filled with esoteric books, books on Atlantis, reincarnation, spirituality, synchronicity, Alice Bailey, Edgar Cayce, Carlos Castaneda (LOVED HIS BOOKS!), Marianne Williamson, Stewart and Janet Swerdlow, A Course In Miracles, Peter Moon, Angel books, Spirit Guides, Sufism, chakras, Aromatherapy books, Creative Visualization, Astral Projection, out of body experiences, near death experiences, a shitload of books on dying (Dr. Moody), Tibetan Book Of The Dead, and about a million "Conspiracy themed books".

My downloaded library (about 12,000 books) is loaded with .pdfs of all kinds of alternative literature.

I have experienced myself -- remote viewing, ESP, ghosts, lucid dreaming, clairvoyance, and I consider myself very intuitive.

I love movies and books on Shangri-La, Lost Horizon, Hollow Earth (Byrd's Diary), Atlantis, Avalon, Templar Knights, Earth Mysteries, Portals, underground bases, Numerology, the unexplained and the unseen.

Finally, I paid a lady in Australia, for a 22 page indepth Astrology report. It was fascinating. I have been to a psychic and I have listen to tapes of readings for others in my family.

I know I'm leaving out something.... lol. I LOVE the unknown.

Some things do scare me... I do not think they should be messed with. Magick, satanism, witchcraft, I mean Black Magic, spells, Demonology, Devil worship, Black Arts -- anything negative, with bad juju I'll stay away from. The movies Mothman, Butterfly Effect and that one with Jim Carrey about not being able to remember, they all trigger me something awful. I hate those movies.

Mind control slaves, shattered personalities, they scare me, but I read about them (monarch, 13-cubed, Springmeier, mkultra, sex kitten programming).

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
^wonderful post... perhaps I should list mine too to make it clearer =) I don't read as much on topics as these as before, but I also have listened to recordings by Edgar Cayce, Bob Monroe, Seth, Abraham Hicks, Diana Cooper on unicorns, Doreen Virtue.
I've taken courses on Law of Attraction, read about Indian mysticism, a tiny bit on Kabbala, watched videos of gurus in India that are said to be an incarnation of some sort of consciousness (they reached a point in their evolution), also would meet with a monastery there on video chat.
I used to listen to a radio show online that featured different kinds of psychics, and I enjoyed reading about aliens or rather earthlings who had alien past lives, ancient civilizations, such as Agartha, Lemuria... I have met two women in my city who wondered if they had alien ancestry (we were sharing a session with psychic children and a healer...). I also used to attend the spiritualist church here.
Nowadays my approach is rather practical. Even on my youtube feed, it's advertising energy classes. I do chakra work pretty much throughout the day, while at work too; I use a sixth sense to check on my groceries (to know that what i want is available) and my break room (to make sure it's empty). The latter was something I could do before I got interested in anything and now living alone, I use it all the time.
I also like to learn about mental health and I take some courses through my library on that. In my recent class we had a meditation that matches some things I do with chakras, like the heart chakra. I've also attended healings, finding myself on a stretcher in a church for one.

·
Banned
972 Posts
No, they are nonsense but I guess with decline of traditional religion in the west, some of the sheeple would try to explain the world in it's own irrational way.Well, at least it tends to be less crazy in a homicidal way than major religions.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Personally no, and I really dislike the disingenuous. And some of those people go too far and glorify things I strongly believe to be immoral, so not a fan of their worldviews.

Although crystals are pretty

Reactions: Marvin the Dendroid

·
Infractionated
I drive a blue tricycle with a gold bell.
8,603 Posts
No. I'm telling your mother.
I called my mom the first time I dropped acid and the first time I took mushrooms. My mother is very anti drugs. We are close, but it's pretty funny to do. I guess I'm a jerk.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,846 Posts
are any of you into crystals, moon rituals, meditation, etc... new-agey things? :)
Not particularly. There's some benefit to meditation. I love moonlight, but I don't perform any particular rituals.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts