Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first time I'm starting a thread myself...and damn, I can't help but talk about what I most desire...

I'm a very introverted person, but I find myself reaching out to others, hoping to find someone I connect with deeply. Only a few times in my life have I found such a person, but all of them have drifted away (and in one case, committed suicide).

Do soulmates exist? Are you looking for one?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'd like to believe soulmates do exist. Sometimes I wonder why we can connect so deeply to certain people more than others. Right now I feel so disconnected from everyone but deep down inside I am searching for a soulmate...or hoping someday it'll find me.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I found my soul mate, but I wasn't even looking for one - I had given up believing in soul mates many years ago. Someone in a thread on the INFJ side said something to the effect that she would like one, but knows she isn't ready yet, she needs to grow more. I have often told my soul mate that we had to wait so long to find each other because I had to grow up first.

Rouge Eagle is right about that fear of what if something happened to them - and for me most likely it is more about when something happens to them, as he is a bit older than me. I will have to cross that bridge one day, but being with him is more than worth it.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I think I have burned myself out at a very young age on the whole soulmate concept. Past relationships were so much of a nightmare for me that I don't want to put myself into a position where I could hurt someone or be hurt. I think being to idealistic had got me that way. It was always an image I had of the type of girl I wanted, and that distorted my true concept of of my soul mate. I wasn't looking for the right things and ultimately I was left shell shocked thru many bad experiences.

Reactions: Caeci Somnia

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm glad Blue Heart spoke, as this is wisdom that I think we all need to hear. I'm only slowly making this realization and trying to live strictly for myself, to realize my own dreams.

If I meet someone along the way, then great.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I'm looking for more than one. I want to collect them. Well, right now, I'm not really looking - I promised myself at least a month without dating. I think there are lots of soulmates out there for all of us - at least a dozen in our immediate area alone.

Reactions: SenhorFrio

·
Registered
224 Posts
I don't believe there are soulmates...I don't believe in souls, I don't believe in the connotation 'sole-mate' the word carries...I think there are lots of people we can get along with, it's just difficult as hell for us to meet them. It definitely feels good to meet those kinds of peoplep, but honestly at this point, the idea terrifies me. It feels lonely without that connection, but there is something to be said for independence and learning to love it. It desn't have to last forever, but I think that's where I'm at now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It seems that our soul mate is just that, your soul. We are always looking for the other half to match the half we think we have in our life. Only to realize that to love oneself is the first step, because until you can do that then you will not know love nor what you are looking to find.

Reactions: periculosa

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
yes of course i am looking for a soul mate! will it ever happen? i doubt it. I just want to be ready when and if she appears in my life. but until then, I will just take life as it comes. don't be stresssssssssing....

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have found my soul mate, but I believe that there are many possible people out there that can fill that role for a person. I wasn't looking for mine when we found each other, but there was such an unspoken understanding and connection for both of us that we became close friends for a long time before moving further into a romantic relationship. Even though the soul mate connection sometimes has that "idealistic magic" it still takes work to make the relationship work. Especially with me being an INFP type 9 man, and her being an ENTJ type 8. We have learned a lot from each other over the last few years as friends, now as a couple, and continue to, hopefully, forever.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
437 Posts
i found my soul mate, before i knew her i thought the idea of soul mates was total bullshit.
she's everything to me

·
Registered
685 Posts
This is the first time I'm starting a thread myself...and damn, I can't help but talk about what I most desire...

I'm a very introverted person, but I find myself reaching out to others, hoping to find someone I connect with deeply. Only a few times in my life have I found such a person, but all of them have drifted away (and in one case, committed suicide).

Do soulmates exist? Are you looking for one?
Do soulmates exist, or not? It's a difficult question, and I have no definite answer. But at the end of the day, whether you believe in soulmates or not isn't that important. What everyone needs is someone to accompany them during their journey. Part of it comes down to luck, or coincidence, or fate, or chance (depending on your point of view... but it's the same thing). But a big part of it is putting yourself out there. The more you go out into the big scary world, the more chances you have of finding that special someone, that special journeyman/journeywoman.

I found my "journeyperson" because I had a crush for a childhood friend I'd lost contact with... I went with her to Germany, and there I met my SO. Some people find their journeyperson at the local pub; others at the other side of the world.

I guess my point is that you have to let yourself be surprised - go wherever life takes you, live to the full, and you'll meet a lot of incredible people - one of them will probably become your special someone.

All the best.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I found my soul mate, but I wasn't even looking for one - I had given up believing in soul mates many years ago. Someone in a thread on the INFJ side said something to the effect that she would like one, but knows she isn't ready yet, she needs to grow more. I have often told my soul mate that we had to wait so long to find each other because I had to grow up first.

Rouge Eagle is right about that fear of what if something happened to them - and for me most likely it is more about when something happens to them, as he is a bit older than me. I will have to cross that bridge one day, but being with him is more than worth it.
I agree with this, yet I still have to grow up alongside mine.
But the attraction while not looking is entirely true.

·
Banned
3,426 Posts
I believe in The Origin of Love (hence my avatar). I want to find my soul mate, or other half, but I seem to be cursed when it comes to relationships :frustrating:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I believe there are a few people on this earth who could qualify as 'soulmates'. Problem is, there's billions of people on this earth and I don't get out much. This doesn't stop me from hoping.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I'm not looking for it. I'm secretly waiting for it.
And well.. who is soulmate for me? Isn't that someone with who you connect with very well and who understands you that well as well!? I believe in a thing like that..
I feel the exact same way,I'm not out looking but waiting and wishing it would happen.

·
Banned
3,426 Posts
But is it better to be actively looking for someone, or to just let them come to you? People always tell me that you find love when you're not looking for it or least expecting it. If that's the case, then there's no hope for me because I'm always searching XD
It's all I think about.

·
Registered
685 Posts
But is it better to be actively looking for someone, or to just let them come to you? People always tell me that you find love when you're not looking for it or least expecting it. If that's the case, then there's no hope for me because I'm always searching XD
It's all I think about.
I think it's a bit of both... You have to be "active" in the sense that you have to be aware of who is around you (your soulmate might turn out to be someone completely unexpected), but you're not completely in control of these things either... I suppose you have to actively put yourself out there so that you see it when it comes to you... if you catch my drift.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts