Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took this test : idrlabs.com/test/intj-or-intp.php, and i'm 76% INTP and 24% INTJ, i'm curious if other INTPs are closer to INTJs

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
There are probably a bunch of INTPs who will score less INTP than you on that test. There are also a bunch of INTPs that will test as INTJ and a bunch of INTJs that will score as INTPs. What is your point besides comparing arbitrary %s that have no relation to anything?

·
Registered
INTP
4,463 Posts
Oh noes! Another test.

I got 59% INTP and 41% INTJ.

When I first did the MBTI (in a career counseling context) 20 years ago I was INTP, but I was only 1% P. Now I've become more J than ever, but I'm still INTP. I like thinking and analyzing for its own sake, but I've found that for practical problems and decisions it's better to just git 'er done--then I can go back to thinking. Unlike my very P bf, who will spend months figuring out a wonderful solution and then never carry it out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know that they have no functions in common, but in my case i wasn't sure if i was an INTP or INTJ, that's all i meant with this thread

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
INTJ or INTP TestBased on the Work of Myers, Briggs, and JungYour result is: INTPAnalytical, knowledgeable, and intellectual, you prefer to immerse yourself in complex problems and projects. If the interest is there, you can become so engulfed in the problem and your own thoughts about it that you tend to forget about everyday living and become absent-minded and remote. You are driven by a desire to understand and explore the problems that interest you on an intellectual level, which means that sometimes you are more interested in the ideas that govern a given problem than in the actual problem itself. You want to go your own ways and you resent being controlled or told what to do. And to your credit, you do not want to control other people either, if only you can be left free to organize the ideas in your own h
ead.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Which type is the nuttiest professor? :tongue: Also, why does pop culture assign the INTP the "adorkable" label while we INTJs get stuck with the "sociopath" label? :dry: Wanna trade? :kitteh: I'd much rather be viewed a friendly weirdo than a fiendly weirdo. :unsure:

Reactions: Nashvols

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Hmm, I got 76% INTJ and 24%INTP.
Though generally I fall towards the INTJ side of things anyway.

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
I'm more FJish than TJish. I scored as INFJ way back in the day, though it was largely due to me assuming I was an F (I'm still not sure why I did). The T/F difference was always so obvious, so I ended up calculating whether I was T or F every time, and assuming I was F, I selected F things. The truth was that I didn't know anything about my emotions or how they worked. They just existed and I supposed that since they mattered to me, I must be an F. And then I studied the theory and discovered that I was not an INFJ :p.

I got INTJ once, but I knew it was inaccurate at once.

Which type is the nuttiest professor? :tongue: Also, why does pop culture assign the INTP the "adorkable" label while we INTJs get stuck with the "sociopath" label? :dry: Wanna trade? :kitteh: I'd much rather be viewed a friendly weirdo than a fiendly weirdo. :unsure:
It's because everyone sees only your Te and only our Ne. Ne is fun and adorkable. Te is "mean" and direct. TPs, therefore, seem all soft and squishy on the outside, but on the inside we are basically rocks. TJs have hard shells, but once cracked there is a squishy gooey nastiness called Fi.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
It's because everyone sees only your Te and only our Ne. Ne is fun and adorkable. Te is "mean" and direct. TPs, therefore, seem all soft and squishy on the outside, but on the inside we are basically rocks. TJs have hard shells, but once cracked there is a squishy gooey nastiness called Fi.
We're Cadbury cream eggs!
:tongue:

The weird kind.
:crazy:

Reactions: lookslikeiwin

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
We're Cadbury cream eggs!
:tongue:

The weird kind.
:crazy:
That's a very good example. Bursting with high fructose corn syrup and often too sweet to stomach alone, but the outer coating is super dark chocolate 85%; too bitter for most. Setting aside the corn syrup aspect (I prefer real sugar), bitter and sweet makes a surprisingly pleasant combination.

I will have to tell this to my husband (ENTJ) on Valentine's.

INTPs are more like cherries with pits in them. Except I hope our centers are slightly more palatable than cherry pits.

Reactions: Judson Joist

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh my im an INTP
Somehow i got 59% intj and 41% intp..
But i dont think that test is really accurate cause whenever i do the typical once im not really close to the J %

·
Registered
29,051 Posts
Your result is: INTP

Analytical, knowledgeable, and intellectual, you prefer to immerse yourself in complex problems and projects. If the interest is there, you can become so engulfed in the problem and your own thoughts about it that you tend to forget about everyday living and become absent-minded and remote. You are driven by a desire to understand and explore the problems that interest you on an intellectual level, which means that sometimes you are more interested in the ideas that govern a given problem than in the actual problem itself. You want to go your own ways and you resent being controlled or told what to do. And to your credit, you do not want to control other people either, if only you can be left free to organize the ideas in your own head.

Strength of Result
82% INTP

1 - 20 of 21 Posts