Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or has anyone ever looked at themselves when they're sleepy and exhausted and think, I'm too tired to be anyone else right now... so this must be the real me behind the ideal self? The self that you strive to be and present yourself as.

Or are you actually less of yourself when you lose the faculties to decide who you want to be?

:frustrating:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
You are always yourself, no matter what you do. You cannot not be yourself, even an actor playing a role is still himself playing that role. Even when you're tierd you're still yourself, I supposed you go ahead and say 'this is my relaxed self and this is my tierd self', point out the difference in behavior when you're relaxed and tierd, but you're still yourself in both cases.

There is an old saying "just be yourself", I don't completly agree to this. Yes, be yourself, as in be the default version that you can be without effort, but in the limit of common sense, at the same time have decency and be considerate of other people. Just simply "be yourself" implies that if you are a jerk then go ahead and be a jerk, which is terrible advice. So be yourself, the default version that you can be without effort, but in the limit of common sense, people like common sense. Don't be rude or rash. Have your own integrity, but you need to adapt to other people as well, you need likeablity and this is good.

The best way to make people like you is to have a pleasant attitude, not accuse people, be nice and treat people right. That doesn't mean having no backbone. You can be all of that and still have your own self-respect and dignity at the same time and stand up for yourself without necessarly being aggressive or going into a fight, but merely stating and imposing your will, even if you only do it verbally is good. Or even better, you can ignore the conflict or try to solve the conflict by peaceful means, having the ability to stand up and defend yourself is necessary only when there's no alternative. And even then, it may not always be the best solution.

·
Premium Member
7,745 Posts
It's a trick of the mind to think that you're more yourself when exhausted,
because the natural state for the mind is to be negative most of the time, and yet our truest inner being is happy - it would be easy to convince yourself that your true self is the one present when exhausted. Actually, what do you mean? I think more questions need asking before an accurate reflective answer is given.

Do you mean that when you're exhausted there is no facade or show put on for others, because you're simply too tired to, and therefore that's your real self?

And that exhaustion does not equate to being more negative for you?

·
私を愛して
ESTJ; LSE; 3w4; Sp/Sx
14,630 Posts
Are you more of "yourself" when you're exhausted?
I am constantly myself. I have no reason to be something I am not, that would be a pointless life to live.

·
Registered
747 Posts
When I'm exhausted and still doing things I get extremely moody, brooding and bitchy. It's a mess. I'll walk around with my byofriend not saying a single world, looking super grumpy and complain a bit sometimes. Questions I barely answer anymore. :LOL:
A healthy exhaustion and then being home is nice, yes. Then I feel very complete, good, in the moment... but I wouldn't really use "feeling like myself" to describe that state.
Then again, when I'm over my limits I just zone out to some TV show or something until I'm recovered again.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm always myself no matter what. Exhaustion does effect my interaction levels tho, so on such days I'd seem extremely quiet that people around me would notice. Interactions would feel heavy, so I'd never initiate conversations. I still listen fairly well even when I'm exhausted. It's would be a "more listening, less talking" kind of day.
I'd never seem moody or anything. But honestly I'd lash out on my siblings if they tested my patience when I'm tired. ONLY my siblings tho hahahaha!! It's totally normal, i love them and we'd make up after like 5 minutes ^^

·
Registered
♂️ Xennial - Melancholic/Choleric
3,810 Posts
I'm less agreeable and more weird. Later I'm ashamed of things I said when exhausted. I might call it "being my dark self".

·
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
2,829 Posts
God, I hope not. I feel that's like asking "are you more your real self when you're a drunken slob?"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts