Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After forcing all of the people closest to me take the MBTI :wink:, I realized that I have naturally surrounded myself with other NFs.

Boyfriend = ENFJ
Best friend #1 = ENFJ
Best friend #2 = INFP
Close cousin #1 = INFJ
Close cousin #2= ENFJ
Former roommate = ENFP

The only person who does not fit this is one of my really good friends who is an ESFP. I guess I just never knew how much I love and click with other NFs to the point that I hang out with them almost exclusively! Pretty interesting. Has this been the case for anyone else?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Best Friend #1 INFP
Best Friend #2 ENFP

Unfortunately I've only had one nf gfriend in my time, I'd like to go that route again.

Other than the above I seem to attract NT's as friends.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yes. I feel like NF's are more likely to understand and accept me, and it's usually the case.

Friend 1 = ENFP
Friend 2 = INFP
Friend 3 = ENFJ
Friend 4 = ENFP
Friend 5 = ENFP
Ex-gf = INFJ
Friend who moved = INFJ
Mother = INFJ
Aunt 1 = ENFJ
Aunt 2 = ENFJ

I really really like NT's, though. My best friend who is away to a school is INTJ. He is probably the most stimulating to be around, and we get each other intellectually...only problem is he has trouble accepting my emotional side, so I feel I need to stifle it.

I have love for the Sensors out there, too...I just haven't found a way to develop friendships with them yet.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
... not particularly. I have friends of pretty much every type. I'm closer to Ne types I think though.

My best friends over the years have been an entp, 3 isfjs', 2 infps', 1 billion esfps', 2 intjs', an istj.... I like having varied friends. I've dated an intj/entj and pretty sure the other was an estp.

I think maturity and balance are way more important to me than type. They stand out more.

I think the problem with nf+nf is this http://personalitycafe.com/general-psychology/15237-narcissism-small-differences.html

Founder of Psychoanalysis Sigmund Freud once noted that people often feel greater hostility towards those slightly different from them, than those dramatically different from them. Freud considered this an example of narcissism, because the emotional distress that individuals afflicted with the Narcissism of Small Differences is the result of looking into a mirror but seeing an intolerable blemish on one's own face.
My sister is an enfp and we fight a lot. A lot of the time it's her sx against my sx (uhh, instinctual variants in enneagram to be clear). She can be aggressive, and so can I (though she definitely out-aggressors me). And neither of us back down in a fight (until I snap out of it and walk away). I'm sensitive to peoples needs and sensitive to feelings, but I also demand a kind of healthiness and commitment I think would only work with an nf who was focused on healthiness and balance. I tend to scare a lot of nf's away for this reason. I'm not exactly healthy myself and i'm generally quite easy going, but i'm a perfectionist and I like people to meet me half way. If i'm prepared to work, I don't want to be doing all of it myself.

Balance is always key. Are they are willing to go beyond their comfort zone? to explore other parts of their self?

·
Registered
470 Posts
With Nova on this one. My best guy friend in the entire world is an ISTJ. Girl friend is ESFP, but another really close one to me is ENFJ. I only know the types of two of my exes: ISFP and INFP. We both had great relationships while they were good.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I have loved an IsFJ and an INfJ, and been with an IntJ. (lowercase indicates disputable/weak letters) (so I guess that would be, to summarize, all IxxJs)
I have been loved by an INfJ, an IntJ, and an EstP. (So, uh, Ni/Se types?)
My friends are mostly ENFPs, with some ENFJs, INFJs, a few INFPs (maybe), INTJs, and a few ISFJs/ISFPs/ESFPs. I socially tend to surround myself with Feelers, but sometimes I need a break.
Then, for balance, at school I am around a lot of xNTP professors, which I get along with easily.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
In real life, it appears I get along much better with Thinkers and Sensors.

Online, it's the other way around, I talk more with NFs. What a weird world.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
The INFPs on here are great, I've loved hearing their thoughts and opinions. I honestly feel like a number of them are a tremendous support system I could lean on if I ever needed to.

The INFPs I've met in real life are wicked little banshees. Sweet jesus, so many of them are tedious to listen to and they ramble like they only have a few minutes to live. Many of them feel very self-directed and I feel like they pat themselves on the back while they talk. There's only room for 1 person that can be as obnoxious as me in a conversation! I'm sure I've just met a few bad apples though.

ENFPs on here are a mixed bag. Lots of people seem to like them, personally most of them annoy me. Overall though, hit and miss.

ENFPs I've met in real like are pushy little shits that sound like they're going to kill themselves if you don't give them attention. Oh man, don't get me started on the ones that wanted to date. A few of them txt me on my phone and are basically having a conversation with themselves when I don't respond for a bit. They also feel compelled to tell me about the new heels they bought -- 3 of them have specifically mentioned it then sent me a picture. Maybe they're hoping I have a shoe fetish or something?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I haven't been able to figure out my best friends type...and she thinks MBTI is lame so she won't take the test. I know she's not an NF though. I think she may be an ESFJ.

My other two close girlfriends are ENFP's.

My best guy friend is an ENFJ....and I'm growing close to an ISTJ. I'm close to my mom and she's an ISFJ.

I like variety...NF's are awesome but I need other types to help me get outside of my own head. And I need a reality check from time to time...

Reactions: whiterwair
477 Posts
I'm attracted to xNTP's and ISxP's. They are similar to me in some ways, but different enough to interest me. In general, I don't get along very well with the other NF's (I have had a few good friends who I think are ENFP, though).

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i only have one good NF friend in RL, but he is for sure my best friend, and i like the vibe he gives off. the NF aquientences i have are cool to!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts