Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MOTM Aug 2014
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One word that is used to describe me: impatient. I just don't have the time, or energy, for a lot of shit, and I don't just mean slow-ass people or things (although this does piss me off). I don't have the patience for stupidity in the slightest. For example, one time I was at a night out with my friends and there were a few people there that I hadn't met before. One of the people I hadn't met was this really annoying girl who was a) obnoxiously stupid and b) wasn't even embarrassed about it. I just couldn't deal with that, so I didn't speak to her very much.

Before anybody jumps the gun and starts labelling me as an asshole, let me just explain. The girl in question was full of shit, putting on that "I'm a bit ditzy, isn't it cute?" act. When people do that, I just don't have the time of day for them, I really don't, and I don't understand why some people will entertain them, or why they can't see through their bs :dry:.

I've noticed this has gotten worse recently lol. Anybody else like that? I figured us ENFPs can be impatient little so and so's as we like to operate in a fast-pace environment and hate to be doing one thing for too long. But, is anyone else impatient with people in the sense I'm talking about? Are any of you quick to judge people when they pull off stupid shit like that? Or are you more tolerant?

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
I met a female ENFP who had exactly the same things to say as you.. Particularly the stupid people and ditzy act thing.

I'm a guy, and I've gotta admit I can't often see through the ditzy act thing, although I guess it figures that I can see through more of the "acts" that a guy would put on than the ones a girl could due to not being able to relate.

I can be like that sometimes, but I generally try to be patient and try not to be judgemental about people. More often than not when I get annoyed at people I try to control it and remember who I "try" to be. I admit I've gotten slightly impatient a few times on here though.. After a few years of being into mbti you start to see people assume all the wrong things about it over and over, and sometimes I can't be asked to correct them as patiently as I should..

It depends. I have no insight into how anyone else functions, but for me generally if I'm feeling particularly impatient it's often just a symptom of things bothering me in general.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have at times felt exactly as you describe- I especially despise the learned helplessness that some women will utilize to get others to do their work for them.

Part of the instinctual annoyance is our infantile Te- we are reaching for logic and efficiency like little toddlers and as that drive manifests somewhat unconsciously, we can become very irate with others who don't display those traits, even as we don't always excel in them ourselves.

For me, The intolerance of learned helplessness and feigned ditziness partially derives from a value of hard work, self sufficiency, and authenticity which all are counter to those attributes in another-but- these are heavily skewed by being a sp instinctual variant, where self preservation is valued over social connectivity or intense interpersonal connections.

But yeah, drives me batty

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
6,230 Posts
Hum I don't find myself impatient with people. I use to when I was younger but now I do have time to listen to small talk even if I'm thinking. "Wow this person is eclectic." I feel wrong even bad mouthing people in my head but there are moments when I do the "Oh no she did not just do that," look but it's rare because I find myself doing stupid stuff also mostly on accident. I can get annoyed by people who show a strong manipulative side like you know they're smart but they're playing the dumb card to get something.

·
MOTM Aug 2014
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Tridentus Its not got anything to do with gender necessarily. I've also came across males who were/have either:

A) Tried putting on an act around me as they had shady ulterior motives
B) They were unfortunately that ignorant.

When people are either of the above, I don't waste any of my valuable time on them. I don't want to be talking to someone who's going to make me feel like I'm losing IQ points, and I also don't want to be talking to someone who's hiding behind a false personality. I do realise that there are exceptions to the latter. For instance:

1) Those people who have genuine mental health disorders that make them act out of character.
2) Wearing you're "I'm fine" mask when you're really upset.

You seem a lot more patient than me though, or at least a lot better at handling your emotions when annoyed, good for you :tongue:.
@register Thank god I'm not the only one. I was beginning to think I sounded like an asshole :frustrating:.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts