Votes: 2 1.8%
  • ST- No

Votes: 10 9.2%
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Patriotic: having or expressing devotion to and vigorous support for one's country.

Please use this definition as reference. This is a poor attempt at an experiment to see whether there's a correlation between the types and patriotism. For those of you whom have answered yes: please state your type, country of support and cultural background.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Anyway,

Yes
INFJ
USA
post-Civil War Catholic European immigrants

My country is the shining city upon a hill. It is the Roman Republic reborn. It is the sole force that holds the world in this unnatural state of prolonged peace we enjoy today. I know many of my fellow countrymen on this board cannot understand this, and it is a pity.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Well I try and appreciate soldiers and vets generally for their service.

I do believe people should clean up their own back yard before going to supervise another back yards clean up. That's not because I believe an American life is of more value. I just believe to truly be able to have more use widespread which is productive we also need our own shit running properly.

No I do not believe in a wall!

I am also not anti immigration. I do however think it should not be an open flood gate. It should be far more based on capacity per county vs funds. I am fine with immigration. Just not at the cost of resources per county. So this would vary per capita. I think again in order to be efficient and effective it's about ensuring how well certain things run etc.

I definitely am not a person who is all yay US. We are so great. Or any of that. I do think if people who live in the US truly hate the US so much they should be the first shipped out. Rather take a suburban privileged idiot who always talks about hating their country and drop them off to a war zone then bring a refugee immigrant back. I have talked to a few various refugee immigrants who are greatly offended by people who do not appreciate what they do have.

Not a person who believes US is always right or the greatest. Certainly not. But as I said this is where I live so I support cleaning up our back yard before going to other lawns out of practicality.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Our "opinions" have consistently differed.
Yes, our opinions do differ. Now at least you're being honest; well, except for the saucy air quotes. There's no need to pretend you have an objectively correct answer to this question.

·
Banned
17,616 Posts
Yes, our opinions do differ. Now at least you're being honest; well, except for the saucy air quotes. There's no need to pretend you have an objectively correct answer to this question.
I don't pretend. I've always felt this way.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I don't pretend. I've always felt this way.
"I feel that my opinion is factual." My friend, that is pretending.

Suddenly I am reminded of why it's pointless to talk to people like you about matters of substance. You do not distinguish between substance and sentiment.

·
Banned
17,616 Posts
"I feel that my opinion is factual." My friend, that is pretending.

Suddenly I am reminded of why it's pointless to talk to people like you about matters of substance. You do not distinguish between substance and sentiment.
You confuse sentiment with substance. I also understand that it's pointless to talk to someone like you. We steer humanity in different directions. If life were my movie, you'd be an antagonist.

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Don't care. I support intangible ideas that may or may not remain objective depending on the cause. I also support life. These things can be overlooked bc of something trivial as pride, political ideology, or patriotism.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts