Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Sorry if this has already been done.)

Whether or not you believe in people being "psychic" or not, have you had any interesting phenomena happen to you? Any premonitions, dreams?

Or have you known anyone who has? What was their personality type?

I don't necessarily believe in it, but it IS fun to talk about!!!
Go! :D

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I know what boys like, I know what guys want... I must be psychic! Had to get an 80s reference in. :p

Seriously it's a fun concept. I've had dreams where they happen almost in the exact same way. Though it can take a few weeks. I think that tarot cards are wonderful. Readings have been pretty accurate. Oh, does astrology count? Not just the sun sign, but like all twelve houses. The detailed horoscopes.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dunno, i spose it all counts!

the only things i can recall right now is... when that big tsunami happened at christmas 2004 i had dreamt the night before about a tidal wave wiping out roads or something, so it was a bit weird. i know there were other things too, but i just can't think of them right now...

OH, one time i woke up in the middle of the night and i thought i heard my brother complaining about his hand hurting or something, sounded like he was in pain. then i realized he wasn't even home. the next day he came back with bandages on his hands because he had drunkenly laid them on a barbeque the night before while he was camping, hahaha. he was alright. :)

besides that my mother is absolutely psychic, i think she's an ENFJ/P, i can't remember. it's super weird though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Coincidences are everywhere, some would call it syncronisity. And sometimes i get feeling that something's about to happen right now and it does, like someone could be at the door buzzing and i sense... something before that. Overall i think i have no major psychic ability other than excessive empathy and intuition.

Just random thought... What if precognition works same way as prediction, but with much larger perspective and knowing of past and present, like unconscious prediction machine in us xD

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I'm not fond of the word psychic, but mysterious events can certainly stir up something.

I had this phenomena where you sleep but you dream that you are awake in your bed where you are. It was a kind of light dream (they have a name for it but forgot). It's like "outception", dreaming that you are awake :laughing:.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I seem to have some minor skill, when arriving at the head stations of subways in Buenos Aires I have predicted with 100% accuracy which side the subway would enter. At first I could do it on just one of the lines, but slowly I've been learning to do it on another.

Reactions: tylerjg33

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don't like the term, but as someone who had a dream about the 1985 Mexico City earthquake two days before it happened, and then saw the exact same images on TV that he had dreamed two nights before, well...

I have had a few very strange, unexplainable experiences such as that. I haven't had any in many years. And I don't want to have any more of them.

Reactions: cvinitak

·
Registered
208 Posts
From the top of my head, I sometimes have a song in my head and then I turn on the radio or put my iPod on shuffle, and that exact song starts playing. This happens so incredibly often.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Oh, let me tell you something very weird :)
We had eaten some shrooms with couple of my friends. Friend draws my attention and gives me water bottle to drink, i take it, thank and take a sip, after that i sudden get this huge dejavu and i'm like "woah, dejavu" and my friend gives me this water bottle to drink xD i think to myself "wtf is this now, i'm looping?", well i take another sip of the water and start to wonder what's going on while my friend gives me this water bottle to drink, ye >< I burst in to uncontrollable laughter and my friend is asking "what's so funny?", i couldn't tell until later and still wondering how unusual it was. I know all about time loops when tripping, but in this i reacted differently every time, not just in my head, but the interaction with the water bottle too and reactions of my friend... if someone can explain that in rational way please do xD

Same evening was full of events where i knew what someone would say just before it was said, but that could be just memory playing tricks :)

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I went to a workshop once with my step-mother who is very new-agey about how to use your "intuition". I had no idea it actually meant how to be more psychic (I guess they call it intuitive these days). It was an awesome workshop, but I found that I am not psychic. I have a hard time making snap judgments about people, which seemed to be what they wanted you to do. It was like word association, you looked at someone and said the first thing that came to your mind about them. That was just one exercise. It was kinda weird and felt unnatural to me.

Although, I semi-believe that me and one of my friends are psychically connected. He was my boyfriend in high school. I used to pray every night that no matter what happened, that he would always be in my life. I remember one night I prayed extra hard while laying in the grass and crying. I just wanted me and him to always be connected, no matter what. I think that might have done something. Truly. Because even though this happened over a decade ago and now we live hundreds of miles apart, we seem to know what is going on in each other's lives instinctively.

For example, when I lost my virginity, he had a dream that night that I did that. He emailed me the next day in a panic and asked if it was true. I wasn't going to tell him, but he had me cornered, it was weird. And then when his wife got pregnant for the first time, I dreamed it a few days before he told me the news. Now, any time I dream about him or have a weird feeling about him, I contact him to see if it's true. Just kinda weird.

I also used to believe my car was inhabited by the spirit of my dead grandfather, but that would be a long story and I don't feel like typing it. :)

I do believe in psychic energies. I have heard too many stories from people to make it seem like just coincidences. Not sure what's out there, but I believe something is.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
I have a similar bond with someone I know, like ethylester described.
One part of it is that I can sense when he's thinking of me; because I will have him come in my mind more than one time in a certain period of time without connection to anything I'm currently thinking about, like a caller ID....and I know the minute he plans to call me. He takes days or weeks to call me, but I know when he first decides he's going to do it.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Psychic to me means 'as soul'

Synchronicity out the ass.
Several distinct past form experiences.
I'm also in contact with the astral plane, ha and all that it sometimes incorporates...
I am generally becoming a less quarantined being as time progresses, but you could really say that about everything.

I wish society was more open to aiding children with spiritual, or psychic gifts. :(

Reactions: ethylester

·
Registered
584 Posts
I used get deja vus a lot as a kid, so I came up with this theory that I saw the future in my dreams. Well my theory was that everyone was sort of psychic and that's what deja vus are, remembering a dream that you had where you saw the future.

Reactions: ii V I and Nucky

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've had so many experiences throughout my lifetime that I could probably write a book about them. However, while I am an open minded skeptic and sit on the fence with this, nothing I have experienced has made me believe in psychic powers.

Sure I get deja vu, I seem to get it mostly when the world is in turmoil, especially during the 80's and again more recently it's begun again.

I can know someone well enough that I can speak what they are speaking at the same time, although I can't just do it on command.

I can know when a phone is going to ring just before it does and who is on the other end of it quite often.

I can think about someone I haven't seen in years, weeks, months and they'll turn up or contact me.

I used to be able to look at someone and `predict` who they were, what would happen to them blah blah blah and I was about 80% right.

I have seen things and heard things that would probably make peoples hair turn white and their blood run cold.

Recently I warned my mother to watch her hands while feeding the donkey because he would bite her albeit not on purpose, seconds later she got bit!

I have had psychics tell me I am psychic..

But all these things to me have explanations (apart from the things I saw which while I can't explain doesn't mean they were supernatural).

one of the oddest things I recently tried was a spiritual attachment cleansing. Which remarkably did have the oddest effect on me. Although this could be down to purely my conscious and subconscious mind playing tricks on me.
However I did manage to pull an attachment which had a demonic name from my solar plexus which I later checked out online and it was slightly bizarre what it was.
And checking out further things about how I was informed that I was very open and psychic by the person doing the cleansing thing I took a chakra test thingy and indeed the lady was spot on about which chakra's of mine were open..

either way I'm more than happy with the result no matter how it came about.

Reactions: Bago and ii V I

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Lots of people are. Just don't admit it to a shrink or they'll drug the hell out of you.

Believe in yourself, practice, and find positive application. There's no telling what we'll discover this century.

·
Banned
190 Posts
I could never actually call myself a psychic, I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I think I tap into something with a greater frequency then others do, generally. I was raised rationally, in a rational household by a rational parent, but I've always felt the draw to divination/mysticism/strange stuff.

I used to notice synchronicity but I don't pay too much heed to it anymore because it happens like 2-3 times a day. It's like I'll talk about something with somebody, and when I get home I'll flip through the channels and watch a documentary about the same thing I was discussing. Sometimes the person who I talk with about said subject will tell me the next day that the same thing happened to them, but they'll usually be freaked out about it. I usually say something like "Hang out with me long enough and EVERYTHING will start to connect." People I talk about usually end up contacting me after I talk about them. Skeptical friends usually chalk it up to coincidence, and there's no rational explanation I can offer to counter that. I just shrug my shoulders and roll with it. You skeptics out there could explain this away any number of ways, but it happens so regularly to me in significant ways that I can't chalk it up to chance anymore.

I'm good at predicting future political events, but I'm pretty sure that's just educated guesses, for the most part.

A little while ago, I predicted an earthquake in Mexico a couple days before it happened... not the last one, but the one before, closer to the Chilean earthquake. I was on the bus with my dad and he was all like "Oh! Guess what? Mexico got a magnitude 7 quake yesterday!" And I said something like "See? I called it! You're my witness!". I told him it would be biggish, but not as serious as the last few major quakes. A few people on the bus looked at me wide eyed, especially this middle aged woman... I felt like shouting "Boo!" too freak her out ;)

One time me and a very close friend were watching TV and all of a sudden we both looked right at each other and uttered the same sentence at the exact same time. We both kinda looked at each other and laughed, freaked out but deliriously giggly. Thing was, when I was about to say the sentence I KNEW he was thinking the exact same thing, and he told me the feeling was mutual. It was like we both knew it was going to happen. I can't count how many times I'll say something and have the other people around me say "Wow, I was just thinking that."

I've had a few ghost experiences too, but I'll save that for another thread. I could go on and on, but I've talked enough. I'll conclude this by saying that I think some people can regularly tap into some sort of "cosmic weirdness", but to some degree everybody can. You just have to be open. I've never seen a spirit guide, I don't have a crystal ball. I don't buy in to a lot of new agey stuff, but I don't buy out. Sometimes, I get an insight and I'll roll with it. I could talk about dreams and their seemingly psychic nature, but I really should shut up now, as I could blather on endlessly about those.

Saw a psychic once, she told me I had a near photographic memory and had a way of soaking up all the information around me, like a sponge. She said this, but at no time did she say I was psychic. Just a healthy dose of Ne, I suppose.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well I'm not sure how psychic this is, but I seem to have this really weird electrical frequency/field. Whenever I cycle under or hold an umbrella under a pylon, there are sparks; I can often turn off street lamps just by going near them and I seem to be blowing lots of fuses on computers, random other electronic stuff.... I have a feeling I may have to spend the rest of my existence in a forest with no technology for miles around.. just the fairies in the brook to keep my company :') (anyone else have this problem?!) :S

Also random ideas just come to me all the time, and they are actually somewhat logical! I can even hold rational explanations behind how they could work...

I think this 'ability' depends highly on intuition, spirituality and open mindedness. So if there were such thing as psychics, then I think INFP's would excel in the field :D

Reactions: wisdom and Bago

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I'm pretty close to being psychic; I'm psychotic. :crazy: Seriously though, once in awhile I'll get a convincing feeling a certain thing will happen & it does. It doesn't baffle me because somehow I know I'm supposed to know. This has only happened a few times & it's been a long time since the last event. I think most people have probably experienced this.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts