·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disparate beliefs may be a start.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've come up to a conclusion that people with J's tend to be more rebellious.
This is cause they like to see things their way (Ni and Si)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've learned to temper it over the years. I've always been slightly defiant. I still have to be careful not to give people in authority positions whom I do not respect that "screw you" stare.

Now, I'm rebellious towards society in general. Rather, those in charge of our rapidly decaying society. Why focus on real issues? There's a starlet with no panties on!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I wouldn't say I'm rebellious as much as I'm independent. I see other people's opinions (including those of authority) as simply irrelevant. When my ability to think and act as I see fit is impinged upon, then I can get quite rebellious, but I don't rebel just for the sake of rebelling.

Reactions: Radiant Flux

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I wouldn't say I'm rebellious, per se. But I do like to do things my own way and I like to make decisions myself. But I'm a kid, so that doesn't really fly with many people lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
I sometimes appear rebellious, but I'm not really (anymore).

More nonchalant; I often don't "notice" authority.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well I certainly have 'disparate beliefs'. I am quietly rebellious. In public I am polite and defer to authority figures if necessary. In private, I mostly do whatever I want regardless of what authority or society prefers.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Yeah, I am a little rebellious. I can very passive-aggressive towards authority figures. Especially those who have not earned my respect and who presume that they can tell me what to do.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
My mother calls me rebellious but I call myself "a revolutionary". She will never understand that change is necessary for the sake of a safe reality. If I think something is correct based on empirical evidence and personal values (which is rarely used for my own decision making) than I have no issue going against the status quo. Who wants to live an ordinary life anyway? Why not challenge and seek more answers for the sake of evolution and intellect? I see no issues with such a principle. In fact, I believe MORE people should have a value like so.

Gah... I really want some bacon right now...

·
Banned
557 Posts
Yes I'm extremely rebellious. If I see a method of approach I'm not kosher with, I'll rebel and "improvise" upon their approach. This is especially so when I'm dealing with SFJs, they annoy me to no end. Their methods of approach are absolutely repulsive, they can act in like no logical manner whatsoever, and then they can end up dumbfounded or PO'd when I do something differently.

When revolution is necessary, I supply it! That's how I look at my actions that could be deemed "rebellious" :cool:

·
Banned
5,008 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Yes, I'm rebellious but rarely overtly. I prefer to be the quietly insistent pain in the ass that won't go away. My patience is unlimited; my long-term vision for the future will eventually be reality.

·
Banned
1,105 Posts
I only become rebellious when the existing set of rules don't work. Then the sarcasm and obvious contempt are hard to conceal.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Rebellion is useless without a righteous cause.
Who defines righteousness?

Even logical systems and logical decisions depend on arbitrary values, arbitrary assignations of positive and negative outcomes. Some are easy to agree on, some less so. For as long as there is more than one person in this world conflict and coercion are guaranteed.

As for myself personally, I'm often PA just for kicks. I'm incredibly stubborn and my doubt of others' motives often borders on paranoia. Established norms are valueless to me, though oftentimes breaking them requires more effort than just playing along. And if there's one thing I hate it's effort.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I will rebel against what I see as injustice against other people. If it only involves me I usually hang in there and try to work the system. Until I just can't take it any more and I see nothing is changing.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Growing up I never understood kids who acted overtly rebellious towards their parents. I considered it an attitude problem/immaturity. I've always acted maturely, responsibly and in return I've been treated as an adult. Sometimes kids make life more difficult than it needs to be.

As for getting something I want, I prefer tact over rebellion. It makes for mutually beneficial relationships.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts