Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The INTP I'm engaged to is very sweet and, in a lot of ways, quite romantic. He doesn't do the conventional things. He doesn't like jewelry, and he never gave me flowers. Chocolate, is a different story. When I went to visit him, I had a Cadbury Dairymilk waiting for me in my room.
But, he's written me such a nice sonnet when we were first dating, and made a playlist for our first month anniversary, and does little gestures like that, and is always buying me little gifts like games or packages for game maker to help me learn to make games. On our monthly anniversaries, for the first year, we'd try to do something special every month. We got to be together for our 1 year anniversary and it was such a nice day, in which we got to spend the whole day together, going to places that had sentimental value to us, having a nice dinner and playing video games.
He always says sweet things on a daily basis.

Reactions: Negotiator

·
Registered
INTP
4,190 Posts
Hardly ever. I might give gifts that the person might like/need, but I do that for friends and others as well. Gifts or meals to celebrate relationship milestones, never. I don't appreciate such gestures either; I'd rather the person just act decent every day.

·
Registered
INFJ
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hardly ever. I might give gifts that the person might like/need, but I do that for friends and others as well. Gifts or meals to celebrate relationship milestones, never. I don't appreciate such gestures either; I'd rather the person just act decent every day.
Yeah there's that too. The every day kindness/kindnesses as well.

Reactions: islandlight

·
Registered
3 Posts
i am Intp 4w5.I like the idea of doing romanic things. I like how some old couples stay romantic for long time and i like when a couple just enjoy their time together and enjoy eachothers presence.like when in movies they start dancing in the kitchen spontaneously.and in relationships i like doing things for the ones i love. And if that means being romantic then i would do it.so i'm not romantic by nature but i like to make my loved ones happy.i don't like too much poems and love letters though. Sorry but i find it a little cheesy.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Not really. The way I see romance is that it's a form of unauthentic idealism. From one perspective, each person is creating a fake image of him/herself with the attempt to fulfill the other's fantasy. From another perspective, each person is worshipping an ideal image of the other person. So, instead of one authentic relationship, there are three unauthentic relationships (between each person and the other person's image, and between the two images). The only one missing is between the real persons. It works pretty well in the early parts of relationships, since the purpose is to have sex. But then the act starts to erode, and the true self is slowly revealed. Each person will think he/she was bamboozled by the deceptive idealistic image and will become resentful.

·
Registered
INTP 6w5-9w1-4w? LII Melancholic/Phlegmatic
48 Posts
I try to be! It means a lot when my partner is romantic to me, and I want to do the same for them and make them feel loved and cared about as much as I can (through smaller less-romantic actions too, of course). Though how to properly be romantic doesn't always come naturally to me, and I sometimes worry about making them uncomfortable with too much romance, so I often just follow their lead on how romantic I should be/what forms of affection they like. I'm not great at putting together grand gestures like poetry (or maybe I'm just bad with metaphors/word choice lol - they made a poem for me once though 🥰), but we both say a lot of sweet/sappy things to each other and I like to get them gifts, draw things for them, and spend time with them in general.

·
Registered
INTP
13 Posts
Normally no. With ENTP girlfriend or INTJ, yes.

Reactions: dulcinea
1 - 9 of 9 Posts