Personality Cafe banner

Are You Romantic or Classical?

6K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  aendern 
#1 ·

It appears as if an INTP could empathize with both the romantics and classics, but overall, which would you most identify with?

I would be classical due to the love of learning and appreciation for logic being more predominant than various romantic traits, though I love the rare and exotic.

#2 ·
It appears as if an INTP could empathize with both the romantics and classics,
Stop right there, you've got it covered :wink:

Romanticism: NFP
Classicism: STJ

Most of us are primarily romantics, but none of us are completely

#5 ·
Based upon the descriptions in the video I'd say I'm more classical except I'm an idealist and not a realist. However the videos interpretation is simplified a lot and as such not quite accurate. Full classical thinkers believe in strict right and wrong scenarios which I disagree with, and find limiting.

#7 ·
Classical when dealing with my feelings, education beliefs, relationships for love and politics (which I don't really care for). Romantic in social situations. So overall based off the video explanation I mostly lean towards being classical.

#9 · (Edited)
I kind of appreciated the mindset behind what was created in the classical period, but ultimately I appreciate a lot of the creations themselves more in the romantic period. But there are a lot of exceptions.

Huge fan of Bach though.

Edit: after seeing the video, still stand by what I said, but I have very strong feelings against certain things said on both sides.

Reactions: Arcane
#11 ·
Classical is totally your Ti/Fe brain mixed with Si.

Romanticism seems strongly Fi mixed with Pe.

Reactions: Arcane
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.