Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm always getting told by people that when they meet me, I'm so much different than they thought I'd be. One girl even told me she thought I'd be an asshole from my appearance. lol. I'm always getting told that I look like I am pissed off and that I am intimidating. Then when they get to know me it goes away pretty quick. It gets kind of annoying when it comes to dating because i always seem to attract the girls looking for the hardass for some reason. Then when they meet awkward old me it doesn't go all too well, haha. Anyone else have this problem? I seem to carry the "asshole" persona in terms of appearance :D

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I've been told I look like a psychopath.

I can live with it :p

Reactions: Angel1412kaitou

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well one of my best friends told me that on the day she met me last summer, she thought I'd end up being a stuck-up and arrogant girl... don't quite know how she picked up on that vibe, since I literally don't have a shed of arrogance in me. :tongue: Maybe it has to do with us INFPs automatically acting overly quiet and awkward when we really are trying to make a good first impression.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Yeah, people often say I am different from what they expected. I know people online may scoff at the idea of an INFP intimidating people, but I think they underestimate how much people project onto quiet people. I've gotten "snobby" and "unfriendly" more times than I care to admit, but that is quickly retracted once someone gets to know me.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I don't think many people have been scared of me. When they say I am different from what they expected it's usually because they thought I was super shy and I let them see my real side. Other than that those who didn't know me thought I was a snob, but not exactly scary. Maybe a little off putting with my shy awkwardness that makes me seem aloof, but not really threatening.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I try to make it clear that I'm harmless, but everyone always assumes that I'm snobbish or naturally vicious. xD

We seem intimidating because we're extremely in touch with our inner worlds. Everyone else is either unfamiliar or uncomfortable with that aspect of our personalities.
Anyone know of any tricks to seem less..foreign?
lol

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
We seem intimidating because we're extremely in touch with our inner worlds. Everyone else is either unfamiliar or uncomfortable with that aspect of our personalities.
And unfamiliar or uncomfortable with that aspect of THEIR OWN personalities even.

I think that hits the nail on the head....Fi is supposedly the function most in touch with the unconscious, a part of themselves a big chunk of the population doesn't access all that much.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm always getting told by people that when they meet me, I'm so much different than they thought I'd be. One girl even told me she thought I'd be an asshole from my appearance. lol. I'm always getting told that I look like I am pissed off and that I am intimidating. Then when they get to know me it goes away pretty quick. It gets kind of annoying when it comes to dating because i always seem to attract the girls looking for the hardass for some reason. Then when they meet awkward old me it doesn't go all too well, haha. Anyone else have this problem? I seem to carry the "asshole" persona in terms of appearance :D
Dude! I have the same exact problem! And the girls that are interested in me and think I'm an asshole always seem disappointed to find out I'm not.. then they flee. WTF!?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dude! I have the same exact problem! And the girls that are interested in me and think I'm an asshole always seem disappointed to find out I'm not.. then they flee. WTF!?
It must be those foolish female fantasies. You know, they want the cheap thrill of meeting some dark, mysterious, brooding man with some violent past or history to make them more intriguing and ultimately having some sick desire to solve them like a puzzle and make them 'better' again? IDK. Women are strange creatures. But they're not all like that though. :laughing:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Er.. not scary, but random and "WTF" kinda expressions are what I get. XD

·
Registered
65 Posts
It must be those foolish female fantasies. You know, they want the cheap thrill of meeting some dark, mysterious, brooding man with some violent past or history to make them more intriguing and ultimately having some sick desire to solve them like a puzzle and make them 'better' again? IDK. Women are strange creatures. But they're not all like that though. :laughing:
Hmm. Maybe I should start wearing pink shirts and see what happens then :]

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Haha. I encourage you to experiment. :crazy:
But beware. You don't want to attract the wrong kind of attention..lol
It couldn't hurt me. I seem to attract that type of attention already :/

My roommate gets it worse than I do though. They all love his sexy Italian accent :crazy:

·
Registered
717 Posts
People have told me that I scared them because I don't talk a lot so they didn't know what I was thinking. :unsure:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts