Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my very strange reactions to things is that if I'm suddenly exposed to bright light (usually sunlight), then it's like my mind decides to go to sleep mode. I immediately feel drowsy and it's almost like there's a sensory overload. The same with music. I like my music volume to be very low unless there are 3 other noises competing for my attention. And with touch, I'm actually very aware of sensations (good or bad) all over my body. Idk, is this just me, or do other Enfp know what I'm talking about.

P.S. This is a separate issue from forgetting to eat or sleep. That happens to me all the time. Lol

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
You sound like a HSP (Highly Sensitive Person) and it kind of sounds like Si.

Lets see, I enjoy cold showers >.> and standing naked outside in the middle of winter while its snowing just because ^^ I don't feel the cold after such an icy shower & its kinda interesting...so I guess stuff like that doesn't bother me. I like my music just loud enough so it doesn't damage my hearing, the light doesn't bother me & I can hardly overload on sensory stimuli o.o though I (like everyone else) don't like pain.

o_O since I live in my head, I kind of don't pay attention to my body till something becomes unpleasant enough to bother my thinking.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lets see, I enjoy cold showers >.> and standing naked outside in the middle of winter while its snowing just because ^^ I don't feel the cold after such an icy shower & its kinda interesting...
That's quite bold, even coming from an extrovert. :laughing: Are you just curious about what it would feel like to experience snowfall like that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm actually exactly the same way! In fact I have a hard time working in the morning and during the brightest part of day where energy shifts because of that drowsy shift.

I prefer my music fairly quiet almost barely loud enough to hear unless it's the only thing competing for my attention.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
exactly the same aha. right now there's this bright sunlight coming from my right, and i really need to squint my eyes and physically block it out to finishing typing this.

it does sound hsp, could also be a lot of other things that are making you like that though. i have allergic asthma so i have this very, acute understanding of my environment through my senses; it's like i'm always on alert for when my immune system may start overreacting through my sensory systems. and my eyes are really sensitive for this reason, mainly because my allergies have over time, made my eyes watery and very sensitive, especially because allergies make your eyes itchy and irritable. the only times when it's not like that is when i'm in a well air conditioned room and have moderate levels of brightness and contrast; and nothing too shiny/reflective and no fumes/odors etc.

but yeah it could be a lot of things for me. my ocd may warrant for over sensitivity to the environment as well. (not saying that's the case with you)

i remember i would keep my music pretty soft over time, people around me would ask how i could even hear it. i just didn't like the idea of others experiencing the same music i was experiencing; i don't know why, it makes me feel uncomfortable.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See, I don't know why people think Ne dom automatically means that you don't have acute or even good awareness of your senses.

·
Registered
ESTP - SEE Fi
4,694 Posts
Sound and touch ? most definitely. Especially touch ... I've been mostly in long distance relationships since ten years now so its not something I'm used to, still.

Nothing make me more feel than sweetness in a gesture ;_;

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I feel the same about light. Lighting affects my mood a lot. Even the slightest changes. I always start to feel weird when the seasons change.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,338 Posts
You sound like a HSP (Highly Sensitive Person) and it kind of sounds like Si.

Lets see, I enjoy cold showers >.> and standing naked outside in the middle of winter while its snowing just because ^^ I don't feel the cold after such an icy shower & its kinda interesting...so I guess stuff like that doesn't bother me. I like my music just loud enough so it doesn't damage my hearing, the light doesn't bother me & I can hardly overload on sensory stimuli o.o though I (like everyone else) don't like pain.

o_O since I live in my head, I kind of don't pay attention to my body till something becomes unpleasant enough to bother my thinking.
OMG I love cold showers... I thought I was the only one. Specially in the Texas heat in summer time. I loved running around in the snow the few times I've seen it. I'm an instant child in it. I like my my music loud or soft. As long as it isn't causing me a headache I'm fine. Yeah I think I have a high pain tolerance. I can ignore most pain because I'm like... must finish project but once it gets to a certain level I'm like must go to doctor wahhhh.

The sun doesn't bother me or bright light. Maybe Fluorescence do? I do notice I prefer lower lightening settings.

The OP I don't think this relates to any type. I think sensitive people are more about their biology and illness to migraines than the MBTI. Remember the MBTI is the way we perceive and look at our world. It is not genetic.

I do have an active imagination and I'm currently diving into a serious long distant relationship with someone. Feeling his touch, smelling him, and hearing his words whispered into my ear is an extreme sensation which I'm missing tremendously. I can imagine it but the real thing is so much sweeter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts