Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone else has experinced this... I am so close on the sensor/intutitive boarder that it always confuses me! I have bounced from type to type wondering what I am. I have met a few people who are too balnced on the J/P boader as well... I was just wondering if anyone out there has had the same problem. If so, what type did you think you were orginally? What type are you now? What was the process to find out your type?

I orginally typed as a ISTJ. I am pretty sure this is because I was living with a family who were all SJ's. And I was forced to be an intovert because I didnt have a car, and I didn't have many friends at the time... and also when you live with SJ's everything is stratigetically planned out. And if you voice your opinion on how stupid planning certain things are.. you get in trouble. Anyways, after living on my own for a couple months I realized I am in fact a P. I hate routine, I love doing new things. I don't like planning things, or making commitments. Then after visiting a awesome member from this site (mylittleblackheart). I am now aware I am a extravert! Which I dont know why I didnt know this all along, but whatever! :D So now I have come to the conclusion I am a ESTP type 9 with a 8 wing.

WHATS YOUR STORY?!?!!?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'd say I am in everything but iNtuition. Although, I have been very introverted for the past year.

Reactions: SeekJess

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I thought I was balaned with my S/N for awhile I am very convinced now that I'm a true blue intuitive. The only letter I'm on the border wtih is E/I and thought I was an introvert because sometimes I really do need to be alone and value that time to myself. But at the same time, nothing energizes me more than a positive social experience, far more than any alone time. And sine ENxPs are supposedly the introverted extroverts it makes more sense.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Yeah I feel like F/T is pretty much balanced with me. I look/act like a P often enough (stereotyping), but that's due to laziness.
I think these are because of the 9 fixation.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I always test almost balanced. I've seen my E/I switch up a lot, my S/N some, I'm almost always a feeler, but my P/T switches up also. In college I tested ENFP (which I like), during my career I tested either INFJ or INFP. I was told the other day someone thought I was an ESFP. I would like to get it nailed down. In away I think it's all about adapting to the environment you are in at the moment. Your basic personality type is always there but I think I've adapted so much that I don't remember what is my personality type.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I have trouble deciding between F and T. I use Fi and Ti both a LOT. I'm hardcore ISP otherwise, though. I'm kind of an ISFP/ISTP combo. I choose ISFP, though because I tend not to be so much the "get off my lawn" type that ISTP's are. well...that used to be the case. I've had recent hardness pointed out to me, and that user was correct. Fi still seems to fit the bill, but Ti is right up there with it.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
If you get stuck, its better to look at the functions rather than the individual letters.

Like, ENFP and ENTP. They're both Ne dominant, so we know you're an idea generator. The next thing to look at is the auxiliary. Ti for ENTP, Fi for ENFP. Look at what the functions do. Fi looks at value and worth. Ti looks at order, structure, and sets parameters. Also consider tertiary, Fe for ENTP, Te for ENFP. Now look at how Ne can interact with the auxiliaries. ENTP's generate ideas for concepts and use Ti to examine them. ENFP's generate ideas for relationships and use Fi to examine them. For an ENTP, the tertiary Fe is what allows us to be more considerate of the feelings of other people. Being an ENTP does not mean you don't or can't care about people. An ENTP with a well developed Fe that they use often can be mistaken for an ENFP. The same can be said about ENFP's. Te is what you use to order, to check for consequences and create some structure. If an ENFP has a well developed Te that is used often, then they can seem like an ENTP.

So its not really about being both, just using both.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I believe I am very balanced when it comes to J/P. Most of my friends would say I'm a neat, organized control-freak J, but that's just how they see me. When it comes to doing work, I'm a huge procrastinator. I'm procrastinating right now by writing this. However, I am very structured; I love to write up schedules (even if I don't follow through with them), I write out long term plans for myself (the longest one so far has been 8 years, and I've stuck exactly to plan so far), I'm very goal-oriented, feel better after I make big decisions (and make them impulsively quick), and I love choosing stuff.

In addition to the procrastinating side of perceving, I am adaptable and a quick on-my-feet thinker.

I think I'm pretty balanced, but I've listed myself as an ENTJ because I think I'm very slightly more J. However, I am pretty sure my dominant function is Ne, which corresponds to an ENTP.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am very balanced on the S/N, I just found out. Just recently I've scored for ISTJ three times in a row, and it surprised me a bit until I found out that it was just very balanced (53%/47%). I don't particularly feel like an ISTJ, so I will keep calling myself an INTJ until I all of a sudden realise that I'm utterly wrong. :proud:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts