Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got 5/10 type B, but it doesn't match me well. It says Type Bs are OK with losing, and I definitely am not. I even said during the test that I play games primarily to win. Not a fan of the Type A/B thing, I guess, I don't think many people are totally one or the other.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got 5/10 type B, but it doesn't match me well. It says Type Bs are OK with losing, and I definitely am not. I even said during the test that I play games primarily to win. Not a fan of the Type A/B thing, I guess, I don't think many people are totally one or the other.
I think most estps would score in the middle. I got Type B but didn't agree with it much. I'm laid back, relaxed, and mellow like B, but competitive, goal oriented, and outgoing like A.

I am a super slow eater though :laughing:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think most estps would score in the middle. I got Type B but didn't agree with it much. I'm laid back, relaxed, and mellow like B, but competitive, goal oriented, and outgoing like A.

I am a super slow eater though :laughing:
Scored 5/10, same as this excluding the slow eating, damn that's so annoying :frustrating:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
The test seems buggy - 1st, 3rd and 4th questions are scored wrong, and there are only 9 questions, not 10.

The type A answers should be obvious, but anyway they are these (see spoiler)

When exercising... I push myself to go harder.
In conversations, sometimes... I interrupt people.
I play games to... win.
The best position/rank in a team is... the leader.
When driving... I pass cars.
The pleasure in a task is... finishing it.
I eat... fast, for a burst of flavor.
Stress... pushed me to achieve.
When I take breaks... I stay preoccupied with my work.

Anyway I'm type A in 8 out of 9 of these...

And those three major symptoms* of the type A personality all fit me quite strongly (I'm sure there are people who fit them more strongly but it's clear they fit me enough.)

*: see spoiler

In his 1996 book, Type A Behavior: Its Diagnosis and Treatment, Friedman suggests that Type A behavior is expressed in three major symptoms: free-floating hostility, which can be triggered by even minor incidents; time urgency and impatience, which causes irritation and exasperation usually described as being "short-fused"; and a competitive drive, which causes stress and an achievement-driven mentality. The first of these symptoms is believed to be covert and therefore less observable, while the other two are more overt.

PS: No, not an ESTP but I like hanging out around here. My secondary mode in certain situations utilizes your approach and I like it. :laughing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts