Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I feel like I can extrapolate this "Rebecca" character and be like "that is 95% of my social interactions". Like it's almost not comedy anymore.
lol

·
Registered
549 Posts
Having no social life of my own, I generally stay out of those types of discussions. What should you do? How the hell should I know? If I knew, I'd have a girlfriend/fiancee/wife.

Reactions: ninjahitsawall

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
<<<<<<<<<<<<<---------------------------take it frum a koon!

If I knew, I'd have a girlfriend/fiancee/wife.
Lol, be thankful you don't know , dude. Ur not missing anything.

·
Registered
INTJ
131 Posts
If I'm not interested in the subject matter, I drift off on my own thoughts. Then when it returns to something interesting, I suddenly contribute. Apparently, there is a social norm against this behavior. Maybe I missed the context. Maybe I made my point too quickly. Maybe people are sore because I wasn't fascinated by what they were saying. This might be an Fe thing, like racking up points with the group in order to receive a positive vote in return. Conversations are about content to me, but they often seem to be about maintaining a mood to other people.

·
Registered
11,164 Posts
is it weird i'm so sort-of-entranced by the stilted delivery of all three of the characters that i sort of forgot what they were performing for us?

but with that said yeah, that's pretty typical in some ways. the strawman stupidity of bun-girl is not - ime. either conversations that obvious never happen or they never happen much when i'm around. this is possible because while i do discuss stuff like this with friends, i don't look at it as a communal activity.

i did think the rebecca part was very accurate though. timing and content of her input both.

·
Registered
11,164 Posts
If I'm not interested in the subject matter, I drift off on my own thoughts. Then when it returns to something interesting, I suddenly contribute.
i like how this woman chimes in when she thinks it's actively meaningful. doesn't bother with the speculating and story-weaving. or the things that are unresolvable because they're just opinion/interpretation. just when middle-girl is about to do something irretrievable, she says 'don't do that.' that's so recognizable that i almost laughed.

she peaced out at exactly the point i would as well. said her piece, saw the reception, moved on. only difference is, i think i'd feel obligated to tell middlegirl she's drifting towards stalker turf with that last thing, because that actually is what i think. but i wouldn't expect or wait for anyone to engage with the thought. i'd just put it up out of due diligence and get gone.

·
Registered
549 Posts
<<<<<<<<<<<<<---------------------------take it frum a koon!

Lol, be thankful you don't know , dude. Ur not missing anything.
I disagree. I have had a good girlfriend as well as bad ones and I am missing something by not having one. And I still don't have kids yet, so I still want to get married and have a family of my own. At the moment, it is my one all-consuming quest. Every once in a while, I'll look for a job, just as a way to further that quest to get married and have a family, but when no job materializes, I just go back to looking for a wife.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
<<<<<<<<<------------------take it frum a koon!

I disagree. I have had a good girlfriend as well as bad ones and I am missing something by not having one. And I still don't have kids yet, so I still want to get married and have a family of my own. At the moment, it is my one all-consuming quest. Every once in a while, I'll look for a job, just as a way to further that quest to get married and have a family, but when no job materializes, I just go back to looking for a wife.
Lol. I don't know how old you are but I've out grown them.

The desire for having someone in ones life doesn't have anything to do with "knowledge" and your the one who is wishing for such a "knowledge". Said "desire" for someone of the opposite sex in ones life is not gender specific, either - females go thru the exact same thing.

Most people don't want to admit the facts that it is in reality an evolutional physiological induced drug overdose to motivate one to breed - otherwise who the hell would do it? And it happens, generally, with all mammals. This physiologically induced drug overdose in the male gender starts at adolescence , and in general, lasts about 50ish years although the "trailing off" affects begin; as with females; around sometime in the 40's...........

"Relationships" on the other hand, while some overlap are not sexually specific nor gender specific and there are a myriad number of levels. When it comers to "Romantic Relationship" most persons would rather be in a bad one than none at all. This is evident by the length of time spent by many people in trying to salvage, improve, "work" on trying to "save" whatever mess thery've become involved in.......... LOL

OHhhhh. And there's only ONE (1) thing one ever needs to be legally married for........
again, as I LMFAO!
Jonny Koon Luzsha

Reactions: ninjahitsawall

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
<<<<<<<<<------------------take it frum a koon!

Ohhhh. And there's only ONE (1) thing one ever needs to be legally married for........
again, as I LMFAO!
That one thing? Lol

Well many people think you need to be married to have children - you know, kids. AHhh nope. People have kids everyday and theyre not married. Don't need to be married to have kids.
Also don't need to be married to be friends, or enemies.
Don't need to be married to enjoy Life, travel, live together or live apart.......
Don't need to be married to buy & sell property or have great conversation or to bitch, bicker & argue. also don't need to be married to fight like hell.
don't need to be married to have great sex or grudge sex, either.
Don't need to be married for any of the above and don't need to be married for a lot of other things in Life either.

Nope, only one thing you absolutely need to be, gotta be, NEED to be Married for.........

..........and that is to get DIVORCED! If you ain't married, can't get divorced, folks! Marriage is thee prerequisite for Divorce.

So whenever I see someone getting married, I usually ask "SOooo howcome you want to be divorced?" ROFLMFAO.
Jonny Koon Luzsha

·
Registered
INTJ
131 Posts
just when middle-girl is about to do something irretrievable, she says 'don't do that.' that's so recognizable that i almost laughed.
Exactly. I start being Rebecca at the part where she stops contributing and mutters, "This is dumb." Then she gets blasted when she returns with her blunt opinion. The other two are more interested in keeping the mood hopeful and making excuses to do so.

·
Registered
INTJ
131 Posts
Okay, first off, stay on topic, please? Your wife/no-wife subject is interesting. Start a thread.

but when no job materializes, I just go back to looking for a wife.
Well, unemployment won't make you ultra-attractive to women. Also, I remember you have strong religious beliefs, so you'd better start looking for someone at your church.

That one thing? Lol
I always considered marriage better for legal rights to money, property, and child custody. Court battles are bad enough for divorce. I'd hate to lack that additional protection.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I always considered marriage better for legal rights to money, property, and child custody. Court battles are bad enough for divorce. I'd hate to lack that additional protection.
Exactly - Marriage is ALL about Legality, Power & Control and thanks to 2000 years of Christianity here in the West it has turned the Female Gender into Legal Parasitic Animals.

I tell every young man within ear shot to NEVEr become enslaved to a Legal network that is so detrimental to Male Freedom & Independence..........

And I tell every young woman within earshot to grow some Woman balls & cast off the ideas of Legal Arrangement based on Patriarchal Doctrines of Ownership and learn to stand on their own 2 feet.

Then I stand aside and Laugh cause well few of them will do it. They'd rather be involved in mindless drama, emotional turmoil and needless Legal enslavement. LOL. Oh yeah - then they get divorced. LOL moar..........

·
Registered
INTJ
131 Posts
Wait. Your argument is one-sided based on the Female response to religious doctrine and societal inequality.

Include the Male response to same situation: Begetting children and abdicating responsibility because, "Well, we weren't married." Or some variation thereof: "I never told her it was forever."

If men took responsibility for their children the same way, regardless of contract (religious, legal, or emotional) marriage wouldn't be such an issue.

Not to mention all the abortions that go on without the father knowing, or if he does, without him caring.

Attention: Let's stop hijacking this thread. I'm not going to reply to this topic anymore unless you move it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Well, unemployment won't make you ultra-attractive to women. Also, I remember you have strong religious beliefs, so you'd better start looking for someone at your church.
*Conservative beliefs. I've gone atheist myself, making the search doubly difficult, as I don't fit in with the liberal atheists or the conservative Christians.

·
Registered
INTJ
131 Posts
Ah. Pardon my confusion. You were quoting Scripture in that other thread. I think you're pretty well-placed to meet someone decent -- being situated at neither extreme.

·
Registered
11,164 Posts

I feel like I can extrapolate this "Rebecca" character and be like "that is 95% of my social interactions". Like it's almost not comedy anymore.
lol
i've been thinking about it, and i think what it is is, i'm not into emotional vapourware. i do find people interesting and i can 'gossip' with the best of them. i mean, my hobby right now is watching real-life criminal trials and trying to put the psychological puzzle together so it all properly hangs together for me.

but i need it to have some basis in reality. pure speculation just for the sake of wallowing in a particular mental framework regardless of whether or not it's borne out by the facts on the ground . . . not my thing. that's what i see going on in this clip. the two bracket women don't even care if there's any substance to what they're making up together, and your intj figure is getting voted out of the room because she's bringing a knife to their pillow fight.

or something like that. i dunno. my metaphor-er is broken tonight, but you probably get what i mean. she's basically in the 'wrong' game.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts