Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
ENFP, 4w5, so/s_ Cosmic
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ever since I can remember (maybe when I was 12, maybe when I was 5, I don't know...), in my dreams I'm always an extroverted version of myself. I've always been confused by this because I'm an INFP, not ENFP. It makes for some fun dreams though, haha!

Is anyone else's "dreamself" of a different MBTI type?

·
Registered
Why do you want to know my vehicle details.
4,926 Posts
Only sometimes. Most of my dreams don't have a corporeal person to type and have a non-physical form to them and tend to be more about scenery and attaching meaning to objects like little furry animals and delicate objects such as vases with flowers. Some nights, I simply dream about what happened to me during the day, but in an abstract way. When I do have a dream with me in it, I don't have any tendencies to be the same or different. It seems to depend on the context and the premise of the dream.

·
Registered
Why do you want to know my vehicle details.
4,926 Posts
Most like my dreams, but my dreams have less people and the animals I dream about typically aren't pet animals but are instead of like foxes.

Stupid video won't start at the timer I set it at. 53 seconds in is how my dreams tend to be but with I'm obviously a guy. :laughing:

·
Registered
ENFP-A 359 sp/sx
1,242 Posts
Oddly enough, if I consider it, yes.

Since childhood, my [-recalled-] dreams retain one consistent theme. I'm placed in circumstances apparently impossible to escape from--chased by demonic entities, psychopaths, aliens, etc. There's rarely anyone else around, capable of helping. As a kid, those dreams inevitably ended with me as victim, period. Didn't run fast enough, couldn't hide, stay calm, or improvise. Game over. (Angsty ENFP? Same type.)

Currently, the same continues, but I play a wildly different role. They would only be nightmares if I felt fear--I don't: instead, excitement, engagement, and a sudden outpouring of creative vigour.
How do I pull myself out of this, as quickly as possible?
Either that, or indifference towards the allotted antagonist.
In a way, I feel somewhat like a hyperfocused, strategizing ESTP in my dreams. Strange how the reaction changed.
"Who's the boss now? Ooh, oh right, that's me, lulz. XD" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Interesting topic, OP.

·
Registered
15,070 Posts
Maybe I'm just kind of boring, but I act about the same in my dreams as I do in real life, no matter how weird my dream surroundings are. If it's a lucid dream, I do find myself more reckless, so I think I could see myself as an ESTP in them.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I'm not sure I have a personality in my dreams. The only change I've noticed is everyone else becoming insufferably stupid.

EDIT: I am more likely to abandon people to their fates, but I think that has more to do with them being stupid and less to do with me actually experiencing a personality change.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The dream self isn't a fully realized mind. Your ability to rationalize has been shut off. So technically you're a ball of instinct, emotion, and impulse. Or you are going through the motions of processing the days events. If you can lucid dream, or become partially lucid. This boots up your rationality while staying in the dream. So it becomes less dream like, and more like reality. You also gain the use of more senses. Since dreaming takes place in the subconscious, all of your suppressed processes might emerge together in a convoluted mess.

·
Registered
692 Posts
My oniric wold can be very difficult to differentiate from reality sometimes because I dream with all senses (touch, taste, smell, colors, sounds etc). It is like simply living in an alternative life, one either down to earth or not. I didn't noticed a change of personality, but more an exploration of a particular part of my personality.
Dreams are important, if you dream as being another personality, maybe it is a way for you to be aware of some traits in your whole personality ?

·
Registered
INTP 5w4
934 Posts
When I do dream, which is rare, I basically turn into an action hero. Running away from things, fighting other things, jumping from heights and not being damaged by the fall. Flouting risk and planning in favour of an adrenaline fuelled and fun experience.

So I guess I turn into a stereotypical ESTP?

·
Registered
251 Posts
My dreamself is really odd. I am usually random genders, random creatures, and in random worlds. Nothing is actually truly random though, just patterns we have not found yet (I can actually pinpoint what dreams are the collage of). I always seem to dream from a non-self perspective. Meaning I am often times disassociated even in a dream. Yet I am able to feel and interact with things generally of my own will. I am extremely passive, observant and alert. I am generally torn between curious wonder, and fear for immediate dangers that threaten my well being. I always seem to have a sense of needing to be SOMEHWERE in a dream, and it bothers the fuck out of me. If I take a more active role in a dream, I am generally a leader. I have lead countries, teams, wars etc. I tend to be strategic and see my plans unfold in dreams. I once had a dream where I was prince of the underworld that spanned like 30 years it seemed like. (part of the reason I find "past life memories" interesting) I seem to dream a lot about being a demon. :wrecking_ball_viza_:wrecking_ball_viza_

1 - 13 of 13 Posts