Personality Cafe banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm not really "attracted" or "turned on" to intelligence in that way but if you present yourself as someone who has a higher understanding and are willing to have in depth conversations and nothing else, I will attempt to make you my friend.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would rather say that the lack of intelligence is a complete turn-off for me.

Also I do not think that sapiosexuality could exist on itself. I mean, (I acknowledge it is quite cruel of me) look at Stephan Hawking. :/

·
Registered
43 Posts
I tie in wisdom with intelligence, and I have high standards for both. Most people disappoint me. Either they assume I'm dumb, which is a turn off, or they just can't keep up.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Intelligence is so subjective that it's hard to measure. I mean, no one wants to reproduce with a village idiot, but at the same time what level of 'intelligent' are you talking about? What kind of intelligence? How high, how low?
While intelligence that I can relate to (because there ARE different kinds of intelligence), and intelligence I can learn from, is definitely attractive, it's not a deciding factor in sexual attractiveness. At least, not for me. I'm actually what you might call "demisexual" - I put such such importance on knowing a person that I only really find someone sexually attractive once I come to know them - their personality - and basically who they are. I will literally reply "I don't know - I don't know them" to friends that ask me if I think someone is "hot". If a person (well, in my case a guy) isn't exceptionally smart, so be it; so long as they have enough intelligence to function in daily life. And so long as they're a decent human being that I get along with.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Very much so.
It's not always in a sexual way after the initial observation, though. More like... a puppy following a bone if it were being pulled, I guess.... or a liposuction operation on the person's brain pulling out all the "smart"--whichever you like better.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts