Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty sure I'm a nine, but I have one thing that makes me question myself.

I like to argue my opinion... Until there's some consensus. I kind of like debate, but my overall goal is to get people to agree with either me or with someone so there's peace. Do any of you relate? I definitely avoid conflict and hypothetical conflict, but when I'm provoked, that's how I act...

·
Banned
2,469 Posts
I'm an arguer. :p My mother actually tried to get me to be a lawyer when I was like 10. I think that whole 9 hates conflict is true, but it's a bit overblown. I don't like fighting but I'm not going to hide in the corner.

·
Banned
2,469 Posts
Sure I like to get into debates. Just ask @Monkey Fritz :p

I usually don't like to debate unless it is someone I'm comfortable with, and I know that they won't explode over it. I like my debates peaceful :p
... I noticed you have two :p faces in this post. Do you do this often? I use :p faces excessively.
Why do you do it? For me it always seems to be what I'm feeling. Kind of that goofy... "this is in good humour" or "You're a funny guy" or a mischievous "Look at what I just pulled." Now that I think about it, it's a very multi-purposed expression. For me at least. Is it a 9 thing?

·
MOTM Feb 2012
ISTJ 9w1
7,167 Posts
... I noticed you have two :p faces in this post. Do you do this often? I use :p faces excessively.
Why do you do it? For me it always seems to be what I'm feeling. Kind of that goofy... "this is in good humour" or "You're a funny guy" or a mischievous "Look at what I just pulled." Now that I think about it, it's a very multi-purposed expression. For me at least. Is it a 9 thing?
Yes. I riddle my posts, IMs, and texts with emoticons. I just can't help it. I need people to know that I'm not mad at them, and it helps people take things I say the right way since everything can be misinterpreted in text format. Usually if you don't see any emoticons for a while, it means I'm upset about something. :shocked:

OT:
Sometimes I like to argue, but only if I know I'm right about something and the other person is wrong. :tongue: And it isn't too personal.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Sure I like to get into debates. Just ask @Monkey Fritz :p

I usually don't like to debate unless it is someone I'm comfortable with, and I know that they won't explode over it. I like my debates peaceful :p
I have no idea what you are talking about, frankly I'm insulted you would even insinuate I like to argue. :p

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
<.< however I bet you guys don't like to argue the point into the ground and you don't provoke people either ^^ or try to push them beyound their limits. o.o...I doubt a 9 would go Christopher Hichens on others just to get at the truth.

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,851 Posts
This feels like confession time!

Hi. My name is Sonny, and I have been dubbed the Argumentative One my whole life *sniffle*

I may be a peace-loving conflict-hating 9 but I couldn't hold my head high in the ENTP forums if I didn't thrive on a jolly debate. Just keep all emotions beyond passion, excitement and intense curiosity-fuelled adulation out of it. My overall goal is: it's fun!

Also it's how I learn, every debate helps me form an actual view of my own. *proud moment*

I can't help it, I get excited about the potential of a rousing conversation. :sad:

Reactions: MBTI Enthusiast

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,851 Posts
<.< however I bet you guys don't like to argue the point into the ground and you don't provoke people either ^^ or try to push them beyound their limits. o.o...I doubt a 9 would go Christopher Hichens on others just to get at the truth.
If beyond their limits involves negative emotions, it's doubtful. However I won't always notice someone getting frustrated with my exuberance at an intellectual debate, until it's been there for a few minutes, at which time a small part of me dies inside, the part that was loving challenging and being challenged, and I stfu.

If beyond their limits doesn't involve emotions then I can go for as long as my attention span is engaged (tbf this isn't really that long :unsure:) or the Ne stops thinking of cooler tangents to debate.

And I always provoke the shit out of people, it is my default shitik, I just pay close attention to make sure they aren't taking me seriously. I am a smartass, however humour is my aim.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I like to argue ideas, and perspectives. Sometimes i start conversations on controversial issues because I have the itch to argue with someone.

I do not like to argue about emotional issues I feel vulnerable about. I prefer calm discussion for those.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
QFT.

It loses all its fun if I see them hurt, or agitated beyond the way I consider normal/appropriate for a debate. I don't like unfair fights. I like getting people to stretch their comfort zones, but too much pain on their face and I am trying to console them faster than you can say banana split.

Reactions: luemb
1 - 12 of 12 Posts