940 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
How old are you guys, 13?
Everyone hops aboard the Fe-dom board when Ariana seems sweet and friendly, and as soon as someone suspects she's bitchy and commanding, suddenly she's a Te-dom...I don't think you guys have any idea how functions work.
Calling her "flabby" and a "twat" does not a logical argument make. And @Ksilva, I don't know why you seem to have a personal vendetta against so many female pop stars, but perhaps it would be more appropriate for a celebrity gossip site than it would be for Personality Cafe.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Everyone hops aboard the Fe-dom board when Ariana seems sweet and friendly, and as soon as someone suspects she's bitchy and commanding, suddenly she's a Te-dom...I don't think you guys have any idea how functions work.
Calling her "flabby" and a "twat" does not a logical argument make. And @Ksilva, I don't know why you seem to have a personal vendetta against so many female pop stars, but perhaps it would be more appropriate for a celebrity gossip site than it would be for Personality Cafe.
+1

I really do agree. 2 or 3 adjectives don't make a function.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Lol, what? Typing some words on a forum is a personal vendetta?

Chill out, dude. People have opinions. If you don't like 'em, the internet is not for you.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Lol, what? Typing some words on a forum is a personal vendetta?

Chill out, dude. People have opinions. If you don't like 'em, the internet is not for you.
It's very telling that your immediate response being called out on your own petty behavior is to project outwards.

·
Registered
522 Posts
There's no way this dumbass has Ni as her second function.
I see no apparent Ni either.

she is actually very manipulative and cunning, esfj are never like that

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrell/a-complete-history-of-ariana-grande-being-a-diva

victoria justice about her: "some people would throw some1 that they consider a friend under the bus just 2 make themselves look good"
Manipulative, yes. Cunning? Not by a long shot.

While I agree the tone and word choices of some of the comments were juvenile, I understand why an Fe dom typing would get such a strong negative response.

The only people who have ever bought her sweet image were her tween fans and the willfully blind part of her slightly older fanbase. She hasn't ever fooled the public at large, people saw her as fake and contrived from day one and never took her seriously because of it. I think that's why most here can't see her as an Fe dom, because they expect ExFJs to be much better at the public persona game and at fooling an audience. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, though.

People who knew her before aren't suspecting her of being bitch and commanding now, that was a thing back in her Victorious day already. Casual observers might not have known, of course. Neither do these characteristics make her an instant ESTJ. People who can't look at her seriously enough really shouldn't attempt a typing, because you'll get nowhere just by judging her superficially, since there's little to no sincerity or naturality there.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
just to raise an old topic again - i think she's esfj (if not, enfj or then, estj) . couple of reasons; she seems to be much more value oriented in her choice of discussion, although at the same time, she doesn't prefer to venture to deep/far into her conversations, almost everything is about things that have happened and she seems like she likes using the conventional methods of speech - the interviewer gives a compliment, and she gives a similar one back about pretty much the same things the interview complimented her on. I also think the Si shows when she talks so naturally about how her music career was something she hoped for in her childhood.

I also think what other enfjs described about her being enfj and stopping and not venturing into a topic (or wrapping up a topic) on the assumption that the other may not be interested is very much an Fe-dom trait that either esfjs or enfjs have. The problem with Ariana would be whether she is more concrete or abstract-inclined, while most of her responses to open ended questions where pretty straight forward, practical-based and had the sort of immediate importance that many xSxxs types prefer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
To be honest Ariana strikes me as an SJ, her appearance is so methodical, how she came off before was too exact. She might come off as Fake before, because her "bubbly" personality portray didn't match her (self entitled) actual "sardonic" personality. She thinks before she speaks, and her language is really on point. I would take a wild guess and say ESFJ.

When she is workingall the constructive critique they gave her was taken really personally and she was really exact with what she wanted. Maybe everyone felt she was a diva, when in reality I think she was just to exact and direct about what she wanted/needed.

She doesn't strike me as an SP because she is (again) too methodical in everything she does. She thinks ahead.
Nor as an NT because she doesn't do "what she wants without an order" She doesn't think outside the box, a signature trait on a NT

So yeah.

Help neede in seeing if she is S o N pweash

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I just don't think she is a feeling type. She seems to have relatively low empathy and lack of desire to see what is acceptable to do in relation to have other people would feel in response to her behaviour. She seems like an immature thinking type.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Infj

are you guys all nuts? Ariana Grande is such an S. No way is she an N - watch her interviews! She has no sense of wit, she doesn't have a great command on language (small vocabulary, difficulty expressing herself with any variety) and all of the aforementioned quotes are just generic cliches mistaken for introspection. Also, she's a total Introvert - shy on stage, private. She's an ISFJ. I'm an ENFP, I know one when I hear one.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I just don't think she is a feeling type. She seems to have relatively low empathy and lack of desire to see what is acceptable to do in relation to have other people would feel in response to her behaviour. She seems like an immature thinking type.
although i respect your interpretation. empathy doesn't have much to do with cognitive type, it's a consequence of any function.

example -you can find many esfjs with low empathy, lack of desire to see what is acceptable to do in relation to people in response to behaviour. same with INTP, despite having an internally energized thinking function, you have a type who people think are common 'academics', despite a majority who might not like school at all and don't do well in formal education - they might be called "slow" for that reason by teachers. despite what the teachers might say, their process/lenses to which they come to decisions and make statements in life, are most reflective of an academician though (which would be Ti-Ne).

Like that, Fe-Si, would be reflective of a process which cares about others, but this doesn't necessarily mean that the person does care about others and is empathetic.

Mainly i see her having Fe and Si based on how she answered the questions. Si is more down to earth and direct when it comes to answering those questions, Fe establishes their own values conforming to the values of the group - why she was so eager to give compliments as responses to the interviewer when he gave them to her, while any other person would just say 'thank you' and move on.

That's a simple thing, but it's more indicative of her being an Fe user than it is of her being a Te/Ti dominants/secondaries, they don't get caught up in the lens/process of reacting in a way that accounts for the way that others might value being treated. the inverse is also indicative of Ti (or any function other than Fe), if she has just moved on from that question and stated 'thank you' or 'you're too kind', it is more indicative that her process/lens is that she reacted in a way that doesn't account for the way the others might value being treated, instead she valued a more internal process - she gave me a compliment, therefore, i tended to say 'thank you' because that's what people usually do in society or in a system.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
She's an ESFJ. She is a carefully crafted performer, a bit like Taylor Swift. But unlike Taylor, Ariana is almost downright vicious about keeping appearances the way she wants them..... the very pronounced tastes characteristic of an Fe dom, tied to her sensorial quirks (Si). Also she simply flips the Ne and Fe to play her character Cat (making a pretty strange almost impossible to exist person in the process.... Ne with strong feeling but still not quite ENFP).

21 - 40 of 56 Posts