Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
802 Posts
I study Interior Architecture at Academy of Fine Arts as I wanted to combine both Art and Architecture. I was always drawn to art and design simply fascinates me as I really want to know all the how, what, where. Since I never had problems with reasoning on all the logos, figuring out how to put everything together, creating something was always a temptation. I find it a great way to use your brain and imagination.

Reactions: s2theizay

·
Banned
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an obsession that comes and goes through the years. It is designing house floor plans. I'm not sure when I started doing this. I helped my father build a house just after high school. Maybe that is what got me started? I try to design simple houses with the most flexibility to seasonal changes like summer vs winter sun. I also realized that a house floor plan can sometimes become boring over the years if it does not stimulate one's mind (at least mine) somehow. So I try to come up with floor plans that are flexible.

Does anyone else do something similar? I new a woman, I believe she is NT, since high school and many years after high school she told me she does the same thing.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Design, arts and architecture are one of the things I'm more drawn to. In fact, I wanted to be an architect, but then got interested in more things and went for medicine instead (I still applied to Arch school, in some sort of symbolic gesture). I think Architecture is the ideal realm for Ti-Ne-Si. Creations have to serve a purpose but also be balanced and beautiful, taking elements from nature, mixing up with it, etc.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I don't think I've seen enough art to have a solid opinion on what I like or don't like in particular. However, I live in Los Angeles and we have a lot of art galleries/museums here. I love going to those, it's one of my favorite things to do on the weekends. Oh, I like gardens. I think it was the Huntington library where I saw the gardens. They're beautiful and I love how they've got actual wildlife in there like the ducks and squirrels. (and koi)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I have an obsession that comes and goes through the years. It is designing house floor plans. I'm not sure when I started doing this. I helped my father build a house just after high school. Maybe that is what got me started? I try to design simple houses with the most flexibility to seasonal changes like summer vs winter sun. I also realized that a house floor plan can sometimes become boring over the years if it does not stimulate one's mind (at least mine) somehow. So I try to come up with floor plans that are flexible.

Does anyone else do something similar? I new a woman, I believe she is NT, since high school and many years after high school she told me she does the same thing.
I always liked designing my dream house and I began imagine it in my head. Then i had the urge to draw it on paper and then I moved to pc softwares... When I went to uni I learnt many useful things about the position of the sun and fake open spaces and dimensions etc... I like flexible, comfortable houses, with attention to details. I really would like to see some of your floor plans if you like :)

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I like architecture. By that I don't necessarily mean how beautiful some buildings are, although, yes, sometimes, but rather how they are designed in the inside (not in a decorative way). I've spent time designing my dream house, and I've been following my uncle building his. I've got lots of ideas , and I think I'll love it when he'll have finished it. I'm a sucker for most new houses.

I like Urbanism, too. For that, I liked games like Sim City, although they are rather limiting.

I suck at interior design however.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've always been drawn to art and architecture.

Does it appeal to my Si or my Shadow Se?

What do you like?

I'm majoring in Architecture, but in terms of that door, it would be a turn off. Personally, I won't mix the 2 together to that degree. Architecture for me is about having people feel a certain way about the building. It shouldn't require art to give the viewer the feeling you're looking for.

·
Banned
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm majoring in Architecture, but in terms of that door, it would be a turn off. Personally, I won't mix the 2 together to that degree. Architecture for me is about having people feel a certain way about the building. It shouldn't require art to give the viewer the feeling you're looking for.
I believe it should give the viewer a feeling if it is an architectural feature of one's own personal home. Architecture doesn't just mean public buildings. (btw, this is not my home door, but if I had the option, I would probably choose it to be so.)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I find most architecture ugly and it's not something I'm that interested in, but I want to live in an environment that looks good.

Here's a short compilation of what I like visually. Some are images of installations, some photos.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I find most architecture ugly and it's not something I'm that interested in, but I want to live in an environment that looks good.

Here's a short compilation of what I like visually. Some are images of installations, some photos.

I studied this installation. It was really interesting :)

What do you mean for "an environment that looks good"? How it should be?

I also like abandoned places and architectures. I think there is a specific term for this but I don't remember.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I studied this installation. It was really interesting :)
I really like her concept.

What do you mean for "an environment that looks good"? How it should be?
It's quite difficult to describe what I like, but usually it's older buildings that are fairly simple. I like functionalism and "rustic" buildings people built themselves some 100 years ago. I hate it when an environment is too mixed with different architectural styles. I prefer a more rural landscape over cityscapes. On the other hand if I don't have to live the in place my taste is more varied. I like minimalism, but not an overly clinical atmosphere. "Close to earth" materials, such as wood and stone are more to my taste than glass. I appreciate things that are well done, functional and meant to last. I would show some examples, but can't think of anything I could search by name...

I also like abandoned places and architectures. I think there is a specific term for this but I don't remember.
Me too. And I like this:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
It's quite difficult to describe what I like, but usually it's older buildings that are fairly simple. I like functionalism and "rustic" buildings people built themselves some 100 years ago. I hate it when an environment is too mixed with different architectural styles. I prefer a more rural landscape over cityscapes. On the other hand if I don't have to live the in place my taste is more varied. I like minimalism, but not an overly clinical atmosphere. "Close to earth" materials, such as wood and stone are more to my taste than glass. I appreciate things that are well done, functional and meant to last. I would show some examples, but can't think of anything I could search by name...

Me too. And I like this:

I think to get what you mean and I also really appreciate functionality and rural landscape, or at least a quite neighbourhood. The city is too chaotic for me :) I like working with different materials to produce different sensations. I personally like a cozy and intimate environment. Parquet, wooden beams, the right light, big windows...but at the same time something modern and spacious.

Near where I live there is an old asylum and a lot of people go there to take photos. I've been there and I hadn't the courage to go downstairs, where they kept the most violent people. I'm going to browse through some photos I have of it to post them...

What is in the photo? It seems like an art museum in an old factory...beautiful and evocative :)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
10032013-mombello 055.jpg
17032013-Canon 1100D 066.jpg
These are two photos I like and I had another one with a doll and some alphabet letters but I can't find it...
If you want to look for other photos it's Manicomio di Mombello.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I had a work stint in Philly a couple of years ago. I realized I was in driving distance of Bear Run. On the weekend I made the 10 hour round trip to Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water, AKA The Kaufman House. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in person. At the end of the tour I found a spot on the other side of the water fall and sat there for two hours watching the light change on the house as the sun went down. I then got back into my rental car and drove the 5+ hours back to Philly. 10 hour drive for a 1 hour tour. So worth it!!

On another work stint in Chicago I opted to stay in Oak Park and use the L to commute to the office. So I could be close to the Wright homes in the famous suburb. I met a Danish couple who made the pilgrimage to the US to do the cross country Wright tour. The husband was an architect. He was in awe. The tour of Wright's home was a religious experience for him. It was sweet to see his wife watch him so enjoy himself. I wish I had his technical back ground so I could have gotten more out of the experience. While in Chicago I made a point of visiting the Art Institute of Chicago on Thursday nights as it was the only night it was open late. On my way back from the Rookery I was asked to leave a bank near the Chicago board of trade for taking pics of the Art Deco security gate in front of the vault.

So yes, I do have an interest in art and architecture.

Reactions: Jagbas and marla

·
Registered
145 Posts
Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water, AKA The Kaufman House

I live fairly close to Fallingwater. It is absolutely gorgeous.
:happy:

To answer OP:

I enjoy Art & Crafts, Art Deco, Art Nouveau, and Mid Century design/architecture, and I also enjoy photographing architecture.

As for art, my tastes range from the Primitive to the Masters to Contemporary...and everything in between. Some of my favorite works are Da Vinci's sketches. ( I was an art minor in college lol)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts