Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi! In this thread I would like to talk about art an creative careers, and how your type influences in it.

In my case, I'm a very arty person. I love music, illustration, graphic design, cinema, writing, photography, video games... I love arty creations in general, and I would love to use my creative skills to inspire people through creations that express emotions; that tell stories. I'm studying Advertising & Public Relations, but I'm more oriented to the creative path. I'm very into illustration an graphic design at the moment.

I would like to know your own experiences if you're working in a creative job or you are studying for that. It would be really helpful for me and probably many other people.

Thank you! Have a great day! :kirby:

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Being an ESTJ would probably explain why I've always been more business-minded about art. I'm less into art for art's sake and more about being "creatively productive."

It's a large part of why graphic design appeals to me more than art and copywriting more than poetry. I like to create, but I want measurable results from what's made. I want to know what impact it's had in quantifiable terms.

I finished undergrad several years ago and have been looking for a career path of my own ever since. In the last couple years, I've honed in on graphic design and art directing, which I feel appeals to both my creative side and my results-oriented side.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think my type greatly influences my creative process. From what i have read, most INFJs on here are pursuing some type of creative career. I'm currently pursuing a career in Tattooing and Fine Art (classical realism: painting & sculpture).

I love all kinds of art forms like illustration, conceptual art, drawing, animation, photography, cinema, music, architecture, and theatre but unfortunately don't have the time to focus on anymore. I agree with what you said about conveying your emotions into an art form. i like to bring thoughts and abstract ideas and make them physical. For the purpose of creating beauty and inspire others.

I'm self taught as a painter and have learned tattooing from other people. I think you can get very far in any art you want to get into by simply learning on your own. There's a wealth of information on the internet to learn from before you resort to school. If i ever have time in the future i hope to transition to animation. I'm amazed at what people can create, such as Miyazaki and shinkai. Master storytellers and animators.

There's art threads here to post your art. Please do, I'd like to see your art sometime

·
Registered
10,217 Posts
I am artistic and it's been utilized professionally but let me just say for example the way I approach it vs like my ENFJ friend who is an art major is way different. She wants to utilize it as a means to connect the process to people and expression. I utilize art from a stand point of display and aesthetics and appealing to the environment. So both use it we both have a heavy background in art but she is a lot more about life being art in inter connections I am more about utilizing art to create or enhance not to connect or directly express something. I genuinely do have a love and flair for production elements. I am far more about the design, presentation, layout, and how that can translate with efficiency and productivity. She is far more about the expression and meaning in the entire process.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Being an ESTJ would probably explain why I've always been more business-minded about art. I'm less into art for art's sake and more about being "creatively productive."

It's a large part of why graphic design appeals to me more than art and copywriting more than poetry. I like to create, but I want measurable results from what's made. I want to know what impact it's had in quantifiable terms.

I finished undergrad several years ago and have been looking for a career path of my own ever since. In the last couple years, I've honed in on graphic design and art directing, which I feel appeals to both my creative side and my results-oriented side.
Sounds so great! I really admire the precise and practical side of design, and I think that a more logical mind is really capable to create the greatest creative designs. Art have so many ways to be explored and interpreted! Art direction always was one of my main options too, but now I know that it's more about organization and the results on the creative process, than about the creative process in itself. So, I'm not sure, I keep finding my way. Good luck with your career path, you're gonna be so great!

I think my type greatly influences my creative process. From what i have read, most INFJs on here are pursuing some type of creative career. I'm currently pursuing a career in Tattooing and Fine Art (classical realism: painting & sculpture).

I love all kinds of art forms like illustration, conceptual art, drawing, animation, photography, cinema, music, architecture, and theatre but unfortunately don't have the time to focus on anymore. I agree with what you said about conveying your emotions into an art form. i like to bring thoughts and abstract ideas and make them physical. For the purpose of creating beauty and inspire others.

I'm self taught as a painter and have learned tattooing from other people. I think you can get very far in any art you want to get into by simply learning on your own. There's a wealth of information on the internet to learn from before you resort to school. If i ever have time in the future i hope to transition to animation. I'm amazed at what people can create, such as Miyazaki and shinkai. Master storytellers and animators.

There's art threads here to post your art. Please do, I'd like to see your art sometime
While I was reading your response about how you understand art, you were reminding me so much of a great friend I have with is an INFJ too! She's a painter as well. I love the way you explain what art means to you, because it's very similar of how I feel about it too! I'm so into the Miyazaki's creations... I have to check out the work of Shinkai too, I think I haven't seen anything of him before!

Sounds great to post art here! Do you have a thread? I would also really like to see your art too, I'm sure it's amazing!

I am artistic and it's been utilized professionally but let me just say for example the way I approach it vs like my ENFJ friend who is an art major is way different. She wants to utilize it as a means to connect the process to people and expression. I utilize art from a stand point of display and aesthetics and appealing to the environment. So both use it we both have a heavy background in art but she is a lot more about life being art in inter connections I am more about utilizing art to create or enhance not to connect or directly express something. I genuinely do have a love and flair for production elements. I am far more about the design, presentation, layout, and how that can translate with efficiency and productivity. She is far more about the expression and meaning in the entire process.

It's great that you focus on the aesthetic part, which is always so intrigatnt to me! I think that many people with a more logical mind can be such great artist. I know an ESTP who is so creative and enthusiastic about certain pieces of art. He's always practical and efficient, and that's what design requires, because it needs to be precise and aesthetician coherent, so it's great to work on it. I'm sure you're so great!

·
Registered
339 Posts
@crislikestar

I only know one other INFJ in real life and we're kind of similar as well, we like painting and appreciate the often overlooked beauty in a lot of things, I believe everything can be art if you look at it in certain way. It's good to think in terms of conveying emotions and inspiration as the main objective in any art form. Without it, Art would just be an aesthetically pleasing thing to look at.

If you like Miyazaki's work and never seen anything by Makoto Shinkai, you're in for a treat. I'm especially fond of "Your Name" and "Children who chase lost voices". His story plots along with a certain element of fantasy and just the right amount of drama makes his works unforgettable. Not to mention his masterful and sublime animation and directing. Another two of his films that I liked that are more along the lines of romance are "Garden of words" and "5 seconds per centimeter". You won't be disappointed by checking out any of these films. Another animation master worth noting, if you're into this kind of stuff is Satoshi Kon. A genius in his own right.

I usually post art in the http://personalitycafe.com/art-museum/1031-share-your-artwork-thread.html or in the http://personalitycafe.com/infj-for...ntings-drawing-sculpture-photography-etc.html thread. I think each type has their own art thread on here.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@crislikestar

I only know one other INFJ in real life and we're kind of similar as well, we like painting and appreciate the often overlooked beauty in a lot of things, I believe everything can be art if you look at it in certain way. It's good to think in terms of conveying emotions and inspiration as the main objective in any art form. Without it, Art would just be an aesthetically pleasing thing to look at.

If you like Miyazaki's work and never seen anything by Makoto Shinkai, you're in for a treat. I'm especially fond of "Your Name" and "Children who chase lost voices". His story plots along with a certain element of fantasy and just the right amount of drama makes his works unforgettable. Not to mention his masterful and sublime animation and directing. Another two of his films that I liked that are more along the lines of romance are "Garden of words" and "5 seconds per centimeter". You won't be disappointed by checking out any of these films. Another animation master worth noting, if you're into this kind of stuff is Satoshi Kon. A genius in his own right.

I usually post art in the http://personalitycafe.com/art-museum/1031-share-your-artwork-thread.html or in the http://personalitycafe.com/infj-for...ntings-drawing-sculpture-photography-etc.html thread. I think each type has their own art thread on here.

Your artwork is so great! That house in watercolor is so beautiful!!! The colors and the technique are so amazing! You're such a great artist, keep doing it please! :proud:

Your recommendations sound amazing, I take notes of everything you mentioned, thank you!! I'm sure I would love them as I love the studio Ghibli works, specially the Miyazaki ones. I love them too because of the deep meaningful storyline they have that moves me emotionally, and inspire me or teach me something important about life, through a beautiful and unique aesthetic and animation. Japanese creators usually have that sensitivity to tell stories though images. On the other hand, there are great artworks out there in the animation area, but when they're not combined with a truly meaningful story, they're just gracious and aesthetically pleasant, but also for me just that is empty in an animation.

Mamoru Hosoda is great too! But studio Ghibli is just so special to me haha.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thank you! I very much appreciate you comments! I definitely intend on pursuing a professional career in art, but I still have much to learn before I can produce art at the level of expertise that I have in mind.

I have a feeling you will find some of those very appealing to you. But I completely agree with what you said, and Japanese artist do seem to be unparalleled at depicting wonderful stories through imagery. They definitely set the bar really high for what great animation should look like.

And Mamoru Hosoda is awesome, another one of my favorites.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts