Personality Cafe banner

Art Bell

[INFP] 
3K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  poplar yow 
#1 ·
I remember listening to Art Bell as a teenager, contrails and conspiracies and all that good stuff. Dude has a ham radio and believes in the paranormal. Broadcasted from his own station in the middle of the Nevadan desert.

I think he could have been INFP/INTP.

#2 ·
Ahhhh, yes, Art Bell... I don't think I've ever really thought about his type! Now that I'm thinking about it though, I am leaning toward INTP, but I'll give it some more thought :)

#3 · (Edited)
The combination of his voice and his level of knowledge/curiosity was amazing. Made for the best late night radio program ever. I think I was the only one in my whole school who even listened to Art Bell.

I remember when the movie Contact came out in 1997, and it immediately reminded me of the Coast to Coast show. I love that movie, so INFP....I couldn't get the story out of my head for a long time. And Jodie Foster played her role perfectly. The synergy of Art Bell and Contact that year was one of the most indelible memories of my adolescence.

#4 ·
I loved Art Bell. Knew how to tell a story, great interviewer, openminded but didn't suffer fools, set the perfect late night mood, great voice. George Noory is none of those things and I only listen to the show now when George Knapp is on.

Even got into a few artists because of the bumper music. I hope he's back on radio someday but I doubt it.

#5 ·
Noory's okay. He's certainly no Art Bell, but he is passionate just the same. Bumper music is when I go pee :p

#8 ·

And Tool made a song of it, which freaked me out once on psychedelics...

Reactions: refugee
#14 ·
Firstly, I would like to say <333333333333333333 !!!
I haven't thought of his type, but oh how I loved when he was hosting c2c. He was knowledgeable not -just- engaging with the callers. Noory had some big shoes to fill when he came along after art started taking breaks.

Anyway, I thought about it a bit and I think art bell is a socionics delta introvert.. sli (SiTe) or eii (FiNe) -- and I am leaning toward FiNe.

I have no prob with him typed as an infp in mbti.

And for those who are just interested in the show, well theres new hosts of course and its not as good as it used to be, but its still pretty cool. Theres a streaming online place to listen off of darknessradio.com 's show -- and naturally c2c is still on from 1am-5am, so it will stream on that channel online during those hours. Darkness is often pretty cool too if you want to try another paranormal radio show. The host is a bit silly at times but hes a pretty cool guy. : D

#16 ·
Art Bell's show made me do these things (for real)...hahaha....

1. His Y2K show made me stock up on oatmeal and water. Nothing happened. WTF.
2. His contrails show made me scared of Jet contrails. Apparently there was no poison/chemicals in them. The government was not experimenting on its citizens.
3. His alien-sound-in-a-mine show made me terrified of mines.
4. His exorcism show with Father Malachi Martin made me scared of demons.

It was fun nonetheless, to pretend to live in the end times.

#21 ·
I'm downloading torrents of old shows. If anyone else wants to, go to demonoid and search "art bell" -- I see a ton. Maybe even the whole collection. XD

Reactions: refugee
#23 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, new here obviously.

I love Art Bell and miss him. I tried listening to Noory but my take on him is that he is just a "faking it to make it" type. I felt a connection with Art. Weird sounding but true.

Anyhow, yesterday I was browsing Above Top Secret and came across a thread about Art Bell announcing he is in negotiations to return to radio. I tried to post a link but cannot since I don't have fifteen posts yet.

I don't have a facebook page but the latest is he's turned down an offer "for now." I know this because I am a member of a site that has latest news concerning Art whose members do belong to facebook.

This is exciting news. I would be ecstatic to hear him again!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.