Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In art class this week we are making dimensional sculptures of a snapshot of a childhood memory. This should be "fun" and interesting but I seem to have a problem. All the memories I have from childhood aren't the most, uhh how can I say pleasant.
How can I do this project well, if I do not was a memory to use in it.:frustrating:

Mind you using a unpleasant memory isn't really a choice since this is going in our senior portfolios and I'd rather just not.

It seems like everyone in this class knows what they want to do but me, and its a small class so everyone knows what everyone doing.

Help is appreciated, thanks

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts
Have you talked about this to your teacher? He might let you draw something that is not real if your situation is that complicated.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Well, maybe your childhood wasn't the best thing but it's your life, why don't make art about that? Maybe it can help you to draw about that

You can also draw something about "I would had love this to happen to me" nobody had to know it didn't happen but you, it's your art and that's personal.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
You can always sample a snapshot that's not yours. I mean, is the teacher really strict about the authenticity of the shot in question ?

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
Should be extremely easy: make something up.

Bullshitting is like a fundamental life skill. Learn it well-- you'll need it a lot in high school and college.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! i would tell my teacher but i would rather not be that student. no need for a pity party. I ended up kinda stealong a memory my brother and sister told me about so that fixed that. I guess.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
In art class this week we are making dimensional sculptures of a snapshot of a childhood memory. This should be "fun" and interesting but I seem to have a problem. All the memories I have from childhood aren't the most, uhh how can I say pleasant.
Try lying. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts