Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an idea today. And as artists know, ideas are born from more ideas, and thus the cycle continues. But, they need not come only from one's self.

Sometimes, it helps to have people to talk to about your ideas, help them incubate and hatch into cute little idea-turtles. (Hello ENFPs, I'm looking at you. Because apparently, ENFPs are like turtles. ANYWAY.)

I thought I would help to share my idea, and I thought that perhaps this idea would help others to create beautiful works of art.

It may seem cliche, but this was it:

A visual representation of a number. The abstract concept being changed into something concrete.

We all know that a number, such a 4, or 8, or any number at all, has no real physical representation as an abstract construct. There can be eight birds, for instance, but there is no physical representation for the idea of a number such as 8.

So, make one! Just for fun. Push the boundaries of your art!

If we get lots of ideas circulating out there, who knows what kind of beauty can be realized! In the form of art, or poetry, or literature, or science, or math... I mean, ideas can become any number of things! And number-things are great!

Anyone can join in on this. Share your ideas.

Let's inspire each other!
:)

·
Banned
4,611 Posts
Sounds cool. I'll see what I can come up with.

Also wanted to suggest the abstraction depiction of cognitive functions. I would looove to see illustrations depicting what it's like to experience them.

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds cool. I'll see what I can come up with.

Also wanted to suggest the abstraction depiction of cognitive functions. I would looove to see illustrations depicting what it's like to experience them.
Aw man, that's a wicked idea.

I think somebody was talking about how colour exists in the mind. That sounds like an interesting concept to play with too.

Maybe some kind of conceptual idea of how the cones and rods in our eyes might look based upon description. I can totally see a literal interpretation making a witty statement.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I see 8 as a glass pyramid, with a square base (of course, being what it is) which is stratified into four layers, by scores around the sides. The bottom three layers are clear. The top layer, the point, is colored red.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I have an idea of creating a song in drawing,collage or something of that nature. It's more of a concept piece. The challnge is how do you do it? You could draw members of Led Zeppelin,but how do you draw Achilles Last Stand?

Reactions: Word Dispenser

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I have an idea of creating a song in drawing,collage or something of that nature. It's more of a concept piece. The challnge is how do you do it? You could draw members of Led Zeppelin,but how do you draw Achilles Last Stand?
I did a series of paintings like this once. I've always been really fascinated with the idea of visually representing things that are usually only heard, or felt, or experienced in a non-tangible way. At first I focused on classical music. Then I did another series that were supposed to be "portraits of personalities"-- I essentially just tried to paint the personalities of some people I knew well. It's a very difficult exercise but very fun.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I have this idea for Blinded By The Light by Manfred Mann, all I have right now is maybe a cut out of a Swimsuit Model for the Silicon Sister, possibly someone looking at the sun too long. But I already did the lyric about "shorter of breathe and one day closer to death", from DoM, and then I drew a guitar weeping for While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

Reactions: Word Dispenser
1 - 7 of 7 Posts