Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Artistic" INTJs: Are you different from "typical" INTJs? (by "typical" I mean "scientific")
Was it easy to you to discover your personality type?
Do you like colors and shapes so much that you tkink you may be an ISTP?
Are you sometimes so sensitive that you think you are an INFJ?
Are you sometimes a bit messy?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hmmm ive never heard of Artistic INFJs before, it might explain my creativity (writing and drawing) and my emotions (which make me think sometimes im an infj)

As for it being easing for me to discover my personality, aye it was i got INTJ many times on online tests and my thinking tends to match the descriptions pretty closely.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nikita, welcome to PerC!

I work in a creative field, graphic design, and I am a strong INTJ. I also do not fit your typical "creative type" mold. For me the work I do is not about self-expression, (that gives me little satisfaction) it is about problem solving. I like a project that has well defined parameters and objectives.

I can draw but I don't do a lot of it. I like beautiful things and like making them, but I also like making clear, concise, clever things. The work I do is not an end unto itself but is the means to an end, the communication of a idea. I love the creative process and I can't imagine having a better job. :happy:

What kind of art do you do?
Do you think you are an INTJ?

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm good at drawing and creating things from scratch, but I don't think that I'm quite good at it. My abilities are limited though, like I can only draw anime.(Might be because I'm Jap?) unlike true artists out there who can paint and sculpt.

I know another INTJ, and he's really good at technical drawings.
He gave me this handkerchief that has his drawings printed on it and it's a diagram on how to create different kinds of bombs and grenades.

Reactions: nikita

·
Registered
782 Posts
"Artistic" INTJs: Are you different from "typical" INTJs? (by "typical" I mean "scientific")
yeah, that's why i was confused at first. i like both science AND art. sensitive..used to be when i was younger, not anymore. and yeah i can get pretty messy!

·
Registered
521 Posts
No, I'm both. Of course art is subjective and I don't consider myself a great artist by any means, more of a doodler, but definitely both.

Very easy. There was no question.

Definitely not. I prefer particular types of art, usually with an affinity for pure freehand pencil & pen.

Definitely not.

:tongue: Yes. More than I would like.

Samples of what I doodle, for your analytical pleasure. Note that art is not my primary field, it's just for fun, and much of it is just doodly-junk. However, for better or worse, it gives me a mental escape hatch temporarily.

·
Registered
782 Posts
No, I'm both. Of course art is subjective and I don't consider myself a great artist by any means, more of a doodler, but definately both.

Very easy. There was no question.

Definately not. I prefer particular types of art, usually with an affinity for pure freehand pencil & pen.

Definately not.

:tongue: Yes. More than I would like.

Samples of what I doodle, for your analytical pleasure. Note that art is not my primary field, it's just for fun, and much of it is just doodly-junk. However, for better or worse, it gives me a mental escape hatch temporarily.

i like the horse the best ^_^

Reactions: nikita

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
I would probably fall under the category of an artistic INTJ.

I am not only a florist, but also a belly dancer. I also paint, do ceramics, and sketch.

There is no doubt in my mind anymore about my mbti typing now that I have read about the cognitive functions. I am very much an INTJ.

Messy? Very :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
A bit messy? Some of my things are and I am sometimes. However, It is an organized mess where I am aware of where everything is and I like it that way, but this only applies to a few things like my desk or work area. As far as artistic? Not at all. I like colors as you can see from my avatar, simple things like color make me smile sometimes like bright orange (favorite color). Although, any type of art I am no where near. I can never really understand how people get speechless when looking at a painting. I would say it is fascinating to think of the time and talent that goes into painting something like... oh ... "Scream" but the picture itself does not really effect me, it's just a picture.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Yes, but I still approach pretty much everything the logical way.

Yes

I like colors and shapes, but not in anyway like an ISTP. I know an ISTP, very artistic guy, but completely out of this world.

No

Yes, on the outside. But on the inside, no.

What are you after?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmm ive never heard of Artistic INFJs before,
I allowed myself to forge the expression "artistic INTJ" after reading this:

personalityjunkie.com/2009/12/19/intj-personality-careers-jobs-majors-interests/ (add http at the begining, I cannot post links)

This article makes sense to me and I am probably the artistic type.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nikita, welcome to PerC!

What kind of art do you do?
Do you think you are an INTJ?
Hello Sharpstic:)
I don't do any art at the moment but I love beauty and I want to change my profession into something more creative. I am interested in interior/website/graphic desing. I learn to draw.

I got INTJ in personality tests and it would explain a lot but not everything (I have a lot of ISTP's traits)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IncredibleMouse, I like your drawings, esp. the second

Schadenfreude, anime is a form of art too, you don't have to paint and sculpt to be an artist.

Peter, What am I after? I' d like to get to know if artistic INTJs are more sensitive than other INTJ types. If it makes them more complicated. If it makes their lives more messy.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
IncredibleMouse, I like your drawings, esp. the second

Schadenfreude, anime is a form of art too, you don't have to paint and sculpt to be an artist.

Peter, What am I after? I' d like to get to know if artistic INTJs are more sensitive than other INTJ types. If it makes them more complicated. If it makes their lives more messy.
I don't think it makes their lives more messy, at least not from their own point of view. Others may have a different opinion, but INTJ's don't care much about that.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Are you different from "typical" INTJs? (by "typical" I mean "scientific")
Er. . . no, I'm both actually.
Yes.
Do you like colors and shapes so much that you think you may be an ISTP?
Yes, I like vivid, bright colors, but I don't think I could be an ISTP
Rarely.
Never.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Are you different from "typical" INTJs? (by "typical" I mean "scientific")
I'm artistic AND scientific.

Yes... I always knew I was rare.

Do you like colors and shapes so much that you think you may be an ISTP?
I am not an ISTP but I love reds, cubic shapes, circular shapes, and really bright creative things.

Yes but I do not think I am an INFJ. I am just a stressed out and ill INTJ.

I can be. Sometimes I leave empty water bottles all over my room and I put off chores until I get out of my lazy mode. I also have horrible AD/HD so I have a constant battle with my Te.

I drew this today:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Any type can become an artist!
But maybe every type approaches art in a different way. From what I can see INTJs need an idea behind a piece of art and maybe ISTP values more aesthetic - just the beauty of colors and shapes.
I think that for me beauty is more important than idea.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, but behind the beauty or aestethic there is always an idea or an ideal. And expression through art or form is a form of communication. And understanding communication is much about recognizing and understanding social and cultural patterns, ideas, trends, even language, symbols, meaning and so on.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
But maybe every type approaches art in a different way. From what I can see INTJs need an idea behind a piece of art and maybe ISTP values more aesthetic - just the beauty of colors and shapes.
I think that for me beauty is more important than idea.
I would say that what I need is a goal. Ideas are idealistic (hense the word idea :happy:) and the beauty of art needs to support its goal.

To talk in a more artistic way: The message (because art is always a message) determines the aesthetics used in the art.

One of the things I have noticed is that artists that can't describe the message in their work are not very successful. If it has no meaning, it's not art, no matter how skilled the artist is. I think this is one of the biggest difficulties for artistic people.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts