Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "favorite television show" series of threads weren't so successful; hopefully this topic shall be.

(To admin: I erred on my last thread title in this forum. Please delete!)

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I'm 17...
I can't really remember very well, but I'm trying to look back to when I was 10 or so. It may have been Led Zeppelin.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was wondering what the British Invasion of the 60s must have been like for those lucky baby boomers but then I realized I, too have lived through a British invasion of sorts--they didn't quite live up to the universal and ever-lasting fame of the male mop top haircuts but the Spice Girls rocked my world when I was 10.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Dire Straits (before school)... and The Beatles is all I rememeber, later came in Gorillaz (when in school), but now almost anything really, depending on the mood(still in school, last year), it went somewhat like that jinamuro's illustration..

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I'm only 16, but my musical phases went something like what is below. It helped that my dad is a musician and music theorist, and got me started early.

Preschool: The Beatles
Early Elementary School: Cream
Later Elementary School: Pink Floyd
Early Middle School: Rammstein/Pink Floyd (tie)
Late middle school to present: FAR too many artists to name a favorite, my "musical taste explosion" (sounds kinda dirty >_>) happened 2-3 years ago.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Michael Jackson and Billie Ray Cyrus.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
When I was seven I bought my first walkman with holiday money, first day of holiday I blow my budget on one thing BUT IT WAS WORTH IT. While on holiday I'd get people to help me make tape comps at each relatives house. I don't remember much from these tapes because they were heinous, all I remember is 'under the broad walk' and way too much phil collins/genesis. >____<
But when I got home my cool neighbour dubbed me a bunch of David Bowie tapes which was a whole lot better. :proud:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Blink-182. Always loved them, always will. I had to have my Gramma take me to buy the albums, then sneak them into the house so my female bioparent wouldn't see them (super conservative born-again type).

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
As a child? Hanson.

That's right. Mm bop.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I liked A R Rahman a lot for his fantastic music in the movie Dil Se(Hindi) and i like him till date. He won at the oscars last year for his music in the movie slumdog millionaire. A R Rahman has given many hits to the industry here.

1 - 20 of 217 Posts