Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a group setting I get really annoyed/ feel threatened if someone tries to take a group I am a part of in a direction WITHOUT me having control in it (other ENTJs & the dreaded ENSJ) I sometimes... some times get really sarcastic, and start making jokes about the person, and if that doesn't work I really get "sociopathic" I remember last semester in college I "accidentally" told a girl I was dating that this other ENTJ was selling methamphatemine/ and some other stuff..Knowing full well that she HATES him. What happened? A week later he got busted- and kicked off campus for the semester---IDC if this is healthy- what I am asking is if I am the only one that gets this way.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Did you meran ESTJ? Anyway, I avoid leadership in normal life because I don't care about who leads a project at school, I only tend to dominate conversation when it is something important to me, and in my band, which i care about, i take a direct role in it but I don't claim to be "the" leader. In short, no, I do not act like you.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
What does the original post have to do with leadership, as far as I can tell it's about stopping bad influences infracting on your friends by downselling them, leveraging action against them or socially rewarding those who stick to good(your) principles.

·
Registered
899 Posts
In a group setting I get really annoyed/ feel threatened if someone tries to take a group I am a part of in a direction WITHOUT me having control in it
Hm, no...I don't care who leads. I care if they lead well. If they don't, I do get annoyed and act upon it.

Reactions: bobz

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What does the original post have to do with leadership, as far as I can tell it's about stopping bad influences infracting on your friends by downselling them, leveraging action against them or socially rewarding those who stick to good(your) principles.
Well...funny story about that- I wanted to ask that question...BUT then I changed my mind after self examination----And i forgot to change the title...Unfortunately I cant edit the title...its kinda funny tho--this happens every time to me

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
In a group setting I get really annoyed/ feel threatened if someone tries to take a group I am a part of in a direction WITHOUT me having control in it (other ENTJs & the dreaded ENSJ) I sometimes... some times get really sarcastic, and start making jokes about the person, and if that doesn't work I really get "sociopathic" I remember last semester in college I "accidentally" told a girl I was dating that this other ENTJ was selling methamphatemine/ and some other stuff..Knowing full well that she HATES him. What happened? A week later he got busted- and kicked off campus for the semester---IDC if this is healthy- what I am asking is if I am the only one that gets this way.
Behaving like that has absolutely nothing to do with being an ENTJ or leading.

·
10,959 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hrmmmm well- I guess the title of your'e account is fitting after all. You had me wondering at 1st

·
10,959 Posts
hrmmmm well- I guess the title of your'e account is fitting after all. You had me wondering at 1st
So happy to have cleared that up for you.

Reactions: Miss Scarlet

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
I actually don't like to lead other people. I generally just go my own way, and people can choose whether or not to follow. I hate working in groups. I HATE IT! I'd be the person that requests to work along would do all my work myself. To me, its more efficient that way and I dont have to rely on other people.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
OP, you sound like an ESTJ.

I am in a leadership role at work. Leadership in my eyes means being an example for the rest who follow you. That is what all the resources are refering to as 'natural leadership'.

It is actually something in my personality that hates inefficiency and stagnation. This initiates the 'take charge' attitude, but it is taking charge of the situation and press forward, not take charge of the people.

As said numerous times: "Manage the process, not the people"

Reactions: bionic

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
This thread title is about leadership, but in your post you are totally off topic.

In regards to your question, it depends on what the leadership position is for specifically.

Leadership takes a lot of time & responsibility. I will rise to the occasion & lead if there is nobody competent to do the job. I'm normally busy doing my own thing.

Reactions: Miss Scarlet

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
I hate being in a group and automatically taking the leadership role sometimes. I was not in the mood yesterday in my US History class but it was automatically given to me since I am more assertive and direct than the other members of my team. I was trying to help them see how two amendments contradicted each other in a case, in relation to the US constitution, but despite me discussing the issue with them and trying to show that we were wrong to pick 'No', they still chose the same answer anyway. We found out the correct answer was 'yes', my original choice... and after the debate was over I said to them "See, I was right. That was the correct answer after all.".

I know it probably made me look like a bitch, especially for this blonde guy in our group who seemed to be perturbed that I took lead over him, but fucking hell... I'm here to get the task done and I'm not about to let a couple of incompetent morons get in the way of a competition. We got the most correct answers out of all the 4 groups in the class and it was mostly all on my accord because the other members were too fucking lazy to think for themselves.

I hate social loafing, I really do.

I'll be straight up - I don't care about people's feelings in a group... I just want the job done and I want the job done with efficiency and competence. If that means stepping on a couple of people's toes so the overall group is getting the job done right - so be it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.