I really enjoy:
-Into the Wild
-Revolver
-Blood Diamond
-American History X
-The Dark Knight
-Lord of the Rings Trilogy
-City of God

To name a few. It is hard to think of them when I try to remember what I have really enjoyed.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Dark Knight, Alice in Wonderland, LotR, Star Wars, epics like that ... Quo Vadis, Ben-Hur, Around the World in 80 Days, Pride and Prejudice (the loooong one) ... movies I can just lose myself in.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Remains of the Day will probably always be my favorite movie.

Of more recent movies, one of my favorites is Moon. A good scifi, done on a small budget, with real models rather than cgi. Movies like it are unfortunately rare.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I tend to veer towards quirky films offbeat, low budget or films which are very well done, normally something that engages my brain and makes me think a bit afterwards so...

Brazil - a twisted bizarre version of 1984 - prophetic too with a country being economically ground down fighting a war on terror
Cube and Cube Zero - hell is other people
Primer - a low low budget indy movie about an experiment leading to time travel
Twelve Monkeys - madness and time travel
Blair Witch Project (which is FAR FAR better when you have read the accompanying book)
The Last Broadcast - BWP source/clone and done on even less money
District 9 - a unique take on the aliens arrive on Earth
Reservoir Dogs - imho the ONLY decent Tarantino film
Flash Gordon - fun, stupid sci fi
Let The Right One In - vampires plus bullying equals excellence
Wristcutters - road movie afterlife for suicide takers
Amadeus - should be crap but isnt!
500 Days Of Summer - hit and miss rom com deconstruction
Pans Labyrinth - fantasy meets real world brutality
Inception - is it all just a dream within a dream within a dream..?
Donnie Darko - must-see ultimate cult movie
The Matrix - genre re-defining action flick
The Dark Knight - am I the only person who thought Batman Begins was dull?
The Lord Of The Flies - the faithful 1960s version

better stop there

·
Registered
157 Posts
You Don't Mess with the Zohan - The funniest movie I've seen! Similar to Borat, but goofier.
Jerry Maguire - the first "INFP" movie on the list
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - truly one of a kind. actually brings out the visuals of comics and video games. If you haven't seen this movie, you HAVE TO!!
The Other Guys - Will Ferrell's funniest movie
3 Idiots - 2nd "INFP" movie on the list
Stardust - 3rd INFP movie, both leads are incredibly adorable
Inception
Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,252 Posts
Disney:
Sleeping Beauty
Fantasia
Robinhood
the three Tinkerbell Movies

Fantasy:
The Dark Crystal
Extended Fellowship of the Ring
Ever After
Stardust
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe - both the new one and the old BBC one
Fairy Tale: A True Story
Men in Tights (this will always be the best Robin Hood in my oppinion, but I generally like all Robin Hood films)
Castle in the Sky

Action/Sci-Fi:
Star Wars Orriginal Trillogy
Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Pearl
The Mummy & The Mummy Returns
Tomb Raider
Indianna Jones (all but Temple of doom wich is waay too creepy for me)
The Mask of Zorro
James Bond movies in general

Romance/Other:
Anne of Green Gables & Anne of Avonlea
Charade
Sabrina (the newer one with Harrison Ford)
the 6 hour A&E Pide and Prejudice
The Taming of the Shrew
Romeo and Juliett (the 60's one, not the new one)

For Humor:
What's Up Doc?
The Great Race
The Gods Must be Crazy
Some Like it Hot
Much Ado About Nothing

Musicals:
Royal Wedding
Singing in the Rain
Hello Dolly

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
It's threads like these that make me doubt my INFPness because I really don't care for fantasy films like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter. I much prefer the various obscure independent dramas that can be found on Netflix. Some of my big name favorites are Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, Amelie, Annie Hall and Into the Wild.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm a bit of a film obsessive, here is a *short* list :)

1. Lord of the rings ( all of them, one of the best fantasy films series ever, so much going on to comment on, the journey quest, the world created by Tolkien, Aragorns story of lone ranger to king and his romance with Arwen, elves, orcs,talking trees, the ring, fighting, what's not to love lol complete fantasy geek)
2. inception ( i love films that are layered and textured, maybe an N trait, a lot of my sensor friends hated it because it wasn't always clear what was going on, leonard Dicaprio and ellen page both brilliant acting.)
3.Being john Malkovich( another wacky film that has to be seen to be believed, enjoyed it very much.)
4.The kings speech(colin firth is simply brilliant in this and deserved his best actor oscar and Bafta, as an infp i identified with his struggle to overcome his demons, shyness and lack of confidence and how he got and found that strength in overcoming his speech impediment, i got a bit teary at the end, sap alert :). )
5. Brief encounter( sappy film, the sheer romance, the characters are so ordinary, celia's johnsons acting is perfect and heartbreaking, love the train imagery as the setting for the film and as a metaphor for the couples brief affair.
6.Liar liar ( hilarious, good giggle with jim carrey and how the situation just gets worse and worse in a court battle lol)
7. the shining( my favorite horror film, so unique and unexpected, jack nicholson is completely scary and creepy and the twin girls are disturbing, music is the most scary piece of music in horror history)
8. lost in translation( subtle romance and how intimate connections can happen in the most unexpected places, also comments on different stages in life as scarlett johansson is young and unsure what to do with her life and bill murray is older, lived , had a family and is having a mid life crisis, also got good shots of japan's culture and one of the best ending songs in a film.
9.the african queen( great onscreen couple, funny and entertaining, great old film)
10. the sound of music ( another sappy film, i don't generally like musicals that much but i was won over by this by the kids and the dad finding his heart, its also romantic and inspiring.)
11. beauty and the beast( my favorite disney film from my childhood, i identified with belle for being obsessed with books lol)
12.Groundhog day (BIll murray got to live his day over and over again, simply hilarious.)
13. pirates of the caribbean 1( introduction to johnny depp's sheer talent as an actor as jack sparrow, just pure fun and escapism)
14. the dark knight ( heath ledger as the joker =awesome, also just brilliant action movie full of twists and turns)

·
Registered
157 Posts
It's threads like these that make me doubt my INFPness because I really don't care for fantasy films like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter. I much prefer the various obscure independent dramas that can be found on Netflix. Some of my big name favorites are Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, Amelie, Annie Hall and Into the Wild.
Eternal Sunshine's an AMAZING movie, Kate Winslet is just fantastic in it. That movie and Amelie are both shown through the lens of a fantasy, and I think Amelie as a character is INFP. For the record, I'm not much into Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter either, they seem too caught up in the fantasy of it all. Try Stardust, it's realistic enough to relate to what's going on, yet imaginative enough to impress, and it doesn't take itself nearly as seriously as LOTR and HP.

3 Idiots - Wow I love it (Does that mean you are an Indian?)
Lord of the Rings Triology
Inception
Titanic
(and many more...)
Yeah 3 Idiots was awesome, one of the best Indian movies I've seen.
I'm of Indian descent from Canada. Are you from India?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Eternal Sunshine's an AMAZING movie, Kate Winslet is just fantastic in it. That movie and Amelie are both shown through the lens of a fantasy, and I think Amelie as a character is INFP. For the record, I'm not much into Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter either, they seem too caught up in the fantasy of it all. Try Stardust, it's realistic enough to relate to what's going on, yet imaginative enough to impress, and it doesn't take itself nearly as seriously as LOTR and HP.
On second thought you might be right. I guess just it's the whole goblins, elves, wizards etc. thing that doesn't do much for me. I can't relate much to the characters and often their silly accents and mannerisms annoy me. Although The Wizard of OZ and The Neverending Story were always my favorite films as a child...

The violence and wars in a lot of those fantasy films bore/disturb me too.

I will check out Stardust. Thanks for the recommendation.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The Matrix Trilogy
A Nightmare On Elm Street
Groundhog Day
Gattica
Shawshank Redemption
Planet Terror!(Hell yeah!)
Superman
The Shining
Donnie Darko
The Exorcist
Spaceballs
As Good As It Gets
When Harry Met Sally
The Terminator films (specifically 1 and 2)
Goodfellas

These are movies off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm neglecting some movies that I've loved in the past.

Also, this is sort of in response to a previous poster, but I don't think movie taste is necessarily indicative of typology. Furthermore, even if it were, there are exceptions to every rule.

·
Registered
157 Posts
On second thought you might be right. I guess just it's the whole goblins, elves, wizards etc. thing that doesn't do much for me. I can't relate much to the characters and often their silly accents and mannerisms annoy me. Although The Wizard of OZ and The Neverending Story were always my favorite films as a child...

The violence and wars in a lot of those fantasy films bore/disturb me too.

I will check out Stardust. Thanks for the recommendation.
Yeah, I totally get that feeling with those movies. The characters can at times, not feel like people at all. There's always this underlying feeling that whatever's going on with these "people" is epic, and has to have a grand, bloody battle at the end. Just seems a little much for me, personally.

I actually haven't watched The Neverending Story, the 10 minutes of it that I saw seemed interesting. And I'm glad to be of help with Stardust, I LOVE that movie. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
These are the movies which I have enjoyed watching and some which I have had a number of reruns with:

LotR trilogy
Matrix trilogy
Star Wars saga
Back To The Future trilogy
The Breakfast Club
Hackers
The Truman Show
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Sam Rockwell's Moon (definitely worth checking out)
Timeline (surprisingly good imho)
Lost In Translation

·
Registered
844 Posts
I loved the lists everyone else has done. I've enjoyed many of the movies on your lists. Here are some of my all-time favorites:

Brokedown Palace - So beautiful and tragic. Sacrificial love. I cried a LOT at the end, and the movie stuck in my head a long time.

Bladerunner - What makes us human? Lots to think about from this movie. Very different from the book, but really good.

The Stand - Classic INFP movie, I think. Epic Good vs. Evil.

American Beauty - I didn't want to see this movie. I expected to hate it. I think I gave it a chance just so I could be angry about it, but it turned out to be one of my favorites. The characters were so real; so tragically flawed, trying so hard, making so many mistakes.

Fight Club - You know.

The Fountain - I don't love everything about this movie, but it was just really beautiful.

Howl's Moving Castlle - I normally detest anime, but I really liked this movie.

Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Pretty self-explanatory

Star Wars - The original trilogy

Office Space - Being stuck in a meaningless job. So awful.

And I do like some just for fun. The following are some I enjoy because they are just fun, not really deep or meaningful or anything.

The Losers

Get Smart

Doomsday

Sean of the Dead

Groundhog Day (I actually thought this was more than just a goofy movie.)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Just seen Adjustment Bureau and I give it a cautious recommendation - good music, kind of strange sci fi fantasy. In a way its trying to be Inception but doesn't quite make it. The biggest problem are the 2 main characters or their respective actors. Probably a wait for it to come out on DVD. As its based on A Philip K Dick story I'll just have to check out the story as I have no idea if its faithful or not. Overall worth seeing but not great

·
Registered
663 Posts
I loved the lists everyone else has done. I've enjoyed many of the movies on your lists. Here are some of my all-time favorites:

Brokedown Palace - So beautiful and tragic. Sacrificial love. I cried a LOT at the end, and the movie stuck in my head a long time.

Bladerunner - What makes us human? Lots to think about from this movie. Very different from the book, but really good.

The Stand - Classic INFP movie, I think. Epic Good vs. Evil.

American Beauty - I didn't want to see this movie. I expected to hate it. I think I gave it a chance just so I could be angry about it, but it turned out to be one of my favorites. The characters were so real; so tragically flawed, trying so hard, making so many mistakes.

Fight Club - You know.

The Fountain - I don't love everything about this movie, but it was just really beautiful.

Howl's Moving Castlle - I normally detest anime, but I really liked this movie.

Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Pretty self-explanatory

Star Wars - The original trilogy

Office Space - Being stuck in a meaningless job. So awful.

And I do like some just for fun. The following are some I enjoy because they are just fun, not really deep or meaningful or anything.

The Losers

Get Smart

Doomsday

Sean of the Dead

Groundhog Day (I actually thought this was more than just a goofy movie.)
Thumbs up for Office Space - under appreciated movie

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm a bit of a film fanatic, especially for movies where you can loose yourself in the story lines, so I apologise in advance if this gets really long!
The Prestige (all time favourite movie)
Inception
Love Actually
Shawshank Redemption
Freedom Writers
The Reader
Curious case of Benjamin Button
Australia
E.T.
Pursuit of Happyness
Cast Away (although the ending annoys me)
The Notebook
Star Wars (original ones)
Jurassic Park
Atonement
Back to the future (only the first one)
Contact
About a Boy
Spiderman
Sunshine
Iron Man (both)
Finding Neverland
Schindlers List
Forrest Gump
Moulin Rouge
Field of Dreams
Edward Scissorhands
War of the Worlds

Not in any particular order, just how they came to mind :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Across the Universe
Edward Scissorhands
Into the wild
Zombieland (omg. I want to watch zombieland 'D)
Big Fish
Alice in Wonderland (the original, can you even compare. What nonsense.)
Forrest Gump
Spirited Away
For a long time, Ginger Snaps (I really just have a fit of a fetish for blood/gore and a crush on the protagonist)
Requiem for a Dream
District 9
The Devil Wears Prada
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

~anything that ends in tragedy~ (and some of those happy ended movies are good, if the occasion calls Eg. Forrest Gump)

I want to add to this list ... must. watch. more. movies.!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Gaaah!!! <3 <3 <3

I don't know anyone else who's even seen that movie! (assuming you mean the Grant/Hepburn one)

One of my favorite Cary Grant movies ever (only Father Goose, Arsenic and Old Lace and Philadelphia Story come close).

Plus ... the looong Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorites too! :happy:

Reactions: Aelthwyn
1 - 20 of 79 Posts