Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find it very hard to deal with people I don't like. I don't want to fight with them or be rude to them; I kind of just want to get away from them. The sad thing is that if I can't get away from them then I try to be nice to them, but it always comes out kind of awkward. For example, I'm in a class with a girl I don't like but always end up working with on group assignments because we sit next to eachother and I kind of wan't to just never speak to her again, but since I can't I just smile and talk to keep the peacer. Its not that I'm trying to be fake (I hate fake friendships), I just don't want to end up in some fight that I can't get away from or solve.

How do you guys deal with stuff like this and do you have any advice maybe?

Reactions: Ryosuke93

·
Registered
959 Posts
I avoid and or ignore the person. There's this girl from my high school that goes to the same college as I do and I constantly get out of my seat to avoid her from seeing me, when we're in the cafeteria. If she were to come up and talk to me I'd have no choice but to be polite and nice to her. (It's the way I am).

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I know exactly what you mean.

I read that ISFP's don't really have a problem dipping out of situations that they feel unfit for them. I guess its true.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Avoid. Why complicate things.

Who do I not like?
- The asshat who feels the need to impress everyone with how much of a man he is - compared to -...
- The snippy promqueen bitch who thinks her "milkshake brings all the boys to the yard"...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'll just let them have their way and avoid them. its kinda bad for me tho since I'm not really fending myself actively... people tend to push me around after they see me give way so balance is important

·
Registered
77 Posts
I find it very hard to deal with people I don't like. I don't want to fight with them or be rude to them; I kind of just want to get away from them. The sad thing is that if I can't get away from them then I try to be nice to them, but it always comes out kind of awkward. For example, I'm in a class with a girl I don't like but always end up working with on group assignments because we sit next to eachother and I kind of wan't to just never speak to her again, but since I can't I just smile and talk to keep the peacer. Its not that I'm trying to be fake (I hate fake friendships), I just don't want to end up in some fight that I can't get away from or solve.

How do you guys deal with stuff like this and do you have any advice maybe?
sup dood
intj from oregon here
i usually just ignore them
and if a problem arises
i just do my best to resolve it
and if its not enough
its probably not a big enough deal to matter enough for me
to even care.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Someone I don't like? Depends. I play nice if they play nice. If they are active or outspoken in not liking me, it needs to be addressed. Certain things send my urges toward justice flying. I've seen it too many times to let it go by.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Depends. If it's someone I know, I act really nice to them to make them feel bad for whatever they did to make me not like them. Worked most of the time so far. If it's one of my friends who crosses a line I'll tell them off for it. If it's someone I don't really know and he's stomping on my principles God help that person. But most of the time I'll avoid it getting to that stage and it very rarely happens. I'll usually just act cool/cold around the person and try to control myself. As long as they don't push it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I avoid them. If they persist to bother me I finally explode and generally when I do explode it ends with me telling them every reason why I hate them and why they should feel like shit.
wow. i do the exact same thing. fortunately, i dont have many people that make me mad. it usually only happens with my family.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I ignore their existence.

And if that fails,I punch them.
haha, yeah

I warn them that if they continue, I will deal with them. Afterwards I act like they don't even exist, i'm an asshole towards them when they do talk to me and talk monotone. If they do bother me one more time, i'll usually call them out and see where that leads to. Most likely a fight.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I avoid them. I sometime feel bitter every time I think of them too.
but suppose you like a girl and are afraid to tell her how you feel, would you avoid her in the whole isfp retreat into a cave thing? what if she thinks you are avoiding her because you don't like her? or are male isfp's more they will approach her again after the retreat so she knows you don't hate on her?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I avoid them. If they persist to bother me I finally explode and generally when I do explode it ends with me telling them every reason why I hate them and why they should feel like shit.
THIS. Except I feel very shit after, when I've had the time to calm down :s

1 - 20 of 39 Posts