Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's writing that has no inherent meaning (or rather, it can but then it's-- ah, what the heck, here's the Wikipedia article). I like asemic writing mainly because I do con-script-ing (that is, I make constructed scripts (I don't conscript) which is a subset of Conlang which is uh-- here's another Wikipedia article).

Anyway, what I want you to do is post a picture of your asemic writing.

If you want, it'd be nice if you could make at-least three attempts at asemic writing. with the criteria being that the first attempt has the characters seperate (as if you were writing in print) the second attempt has the "characters" of the writing all flow together (as if cursive) and the third attempt be just large complex characters.

Here's a picture of my asemic writing (in the format specified above):

The reason I'm doing this is because a while back I noticed some asemic writing that looks just like mine. I'd think that the chances that two asemic writing styles looking similar would be less likely than normal writing styles looking similar because there are fewer restrictions on the form of the writing. Though I suppose that being that we all write in latin script (If you don't... well, then how are you managing to read this right now?) there will be an inclination to write in a similar form to latin script. If you often write in cyrillic, kanji, or any other script I'd be especially interested in seeing your asemic writing.

Whatever you do, please DON'T try emulating someone else's writing. That would defeat the whole purpose (that is to say that it'll defeat the purpose of it not having a purpose (If you really want to do that go make a thread titled Semic writing or something).

·
Banned
760 Posts
I do that when meetings get boring. Well it starts out with latin chars, and greek ones, then a couple arabian ones and then I start create my own hieroglyphs of sort.
I also write them in patterns and styles.

Hmm, why didn't anyone actually remark me on this when I do that in a meeting?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do that when meetings get boring. Well it starts out with latin chars, and greek ones, then a couple arabian ones and then I start create my own hieroglyphs of sort.
I also write them in patterns and styles.

Hmm, why didn't anyone actually remark me on this when I do that in a meeting?
Same here. I've got them lining the borders of my textbooks from during boring lectures. I've developed a few of them into fully fledged writing systems.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
here's my asemic writing, spastic urges and all
spasticwriting.jpg

you can see that I wrote the letter "y" a lot, which must be my inner being taking every chance it can get to scream "why? why?"

don't mind that though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts