Registered
960 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do you guys feel like you have to "fix" everyone? Do you tend to give your opinions or criticism to people even when they did not ask for it?

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,046
Do you guys feel like you have to "fix" everyone? Do you tend to give your opinions or criticism to people even when they did not ask for it?

No. I can't fix people. Pointless to try. They have to "fix" themselves.
I have neither the time nor interest in that.
If it doesn't concern me, I can walk away from it.

I do give my opinion if asked.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8
4,954 Posts
Did you guys buy any cool stuff cyber Monday or Black Friday? I know I saw some of you camped outside Wal-Mart...lmao. Trying to get your hands on that limited edition box set Lord Of The Rings trilogy
Why don't you cool it a bit with the ENTJ and Lord of the Ring associations? :laughing: As for black Friday this year, meh. I didn't even wake up for it this year. I did look up some gear from The North Face but didn't pull the trigger on anything as I didn't like any of the colors, or if I did, I didn't like the style. I also marveled at how ugly backpacks have become since the last time I shopped for one. :ssad:

I never feel like I have to "fix" anyone. If I see someone failing then I'll be inclined to offer some help or advice but I try not to give advice or manage someone's life unsolicited. The only time I'll give my opinion or criticize someone is if I believe that they're really in need of it. Otherwise, I keep that to myself.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8
4,954 Posts
@Scoobyscoob I have some cool backpacks from the 90s I'd be willing to sell you :p. I'm about to Google backpacks to see if they're all ugly like you claim.
Thanks for the offer but I still have all of my Jansport backpacks from the 90s. :p I was specifically looking at North Face laptop backpacks because their gear is all made to be durable and last. I still have my old one from the mid 2000s that still looks brand new. I was interested in buying a newer pack but the ones these days come in nicer colors but seem to completely lack any style. Oh and also not being able to buy any in white was a major bummer. Some of us don't mind the snow, you know! North Face!!! >:|

https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/equipment-backpacks-laptops

Oh well, I guess using a 10 year old backpack for another few years will have to do. :p

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Thanks for the offer but I still have all of my Jansport backpacks from the 90s. :p I was specifically looking at North Face laptop backpacks because their gear is all made to be durable and last. I still have my old one from the mid 2000s that still looks brand new. I was interested in buying a newer pack but the ones these days come in nicer colors but seem to completely lack any style.

https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/equipment-backpacks-laptops

Oh well, I guess using a 10 year old backpack for another few years will have to do. :p
Those are pretty bad. Do you have a pic of the current one you have?

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8
4,954 Posts
Those are pretty bad. Do you have a pic of the current one you have?
Sure. This one's a newer version of the one I have but otherwise looks exactly alike except for the white tab near the bottom of the pack.

Also, I kind of wanted to switch to a white backpack as black is kind of boring to me now. I try not to buy two-toned anything as monocolors never go out of style while two-toned gear does. Staying basic ends up saving you money. (My personal word of wisdom.) :) Unfortunately TNF doesn't offer any in white except for the Surge, but I'm not digging the orange trim on that one, as orange is a very faddish color.

Reactions: HGy

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Sure. This one's a newer version of the one I have but otherwise looks exactly alike except for the white tab near the bottom of the pack.

Also, I kind of wanted to switch to a white backpack as black is kind of boring to me now. I try not to buy two-toned anything as monocolors never go out of style while two-toned gear does. Staying basic ends up saving you money. (My personal word of wisdom.) :) Unfortunately TNF doesn't offer any in white except for the Surge, but I'm not digging the orange trim on that one, as orange is a very faddish color.
Yeah I looked and the only white ones I could find were 2 toned. I'm surprised you want a white one. This one is kind of cool, but it's not white so I don't know if you'll like it : Bags ROTK Backpack UK 12x15.jpg

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8
4,954 Posts
Yeah I looked and the only white ones I could find were 2 toned. I'm surprised you want a white one. This one is kind of cool, but it's not white so I don't know if you'll like it : View attachment 612370
Hahahah, I'm sorry but I'm not 6 and I haven't been for quite a while now. :laughing: Well about white and black, this gets into color psychology a bit but white and black are universal colors (well shades, really) that pair with any other color well. So whenever I'm buying something I'll be carrying around almost every day, I tend to buy such items in either two colors. I'm kind of tired of buying durable goods in black so I want to give white a shot. I guess I'll have to wait a few seasons for that to materialize though. Regardless of color though, I suppose I'm just wanting to shake things up a bit. After a few years of absolutely nothing new, I'm ready to deviate from the familiar and try new things out. 2017 is either going to be a great year or a horribly failed experiment of one. I'm hoping the former but still willing to face the latter. :wink:

It probably seems a bit strange that I'm seemingly fixated on backpacks but small changes to what I lug to work and how I dress are usually how I go about spicing up my life. I'm actually a pretty creative person, but the type of industry and work I do, does not allow me to express my creativity at all; being heavily regulated and all. So I need to find other ways to express myself because I certainly can't do so at work. ROTK indeed. :laughing:

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Haha. Nope on LOTR.
(you're not going to let go of the idea that we are smitten with it, are you? :tongue:
Nope, not going to happen.)

You didn't see me camped outside anywhere.
Don't understand why anyone does that.
I order everything online. Much more efficient.

Did get a great deal on my Christmas china. It looks like this:

View attachment 612034

Spode. Christmas Tree Grove.

New iPads and iPods for me and Hubby, and a new iPhone for him.

That was a serious load of cash to drop in one day. My work is done. :laughing:
Those are very nice! I likey! :winky:

I caved and got myself this on black Friday.

Wait- is black Friday supposed to be when we buy things for others? Woops! :tongue:

·
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,055
Those are very nice! I likey! :winky:

I caved and got myself this on black Friday.

Wait- is black Friday supposed to be when we buy things for others? Woops! :tongue:
:laughing: Wait ... that's a thing? Buying stuff for other people?

Reactions: Laguna and Thomas60

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
:laughing: Wait ... that's a thing? Buying stuff for other people?
It creates a social debt, in theory you can get your return on investment, but it's not legally enforceable. So the trick is to build a 'relationship' with people who have reciprocating power and also buy into the underground economy for the tax free exchange of services.

·
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,057
It creates a social debt, in theory you can get your return on investment, but it's not legally enforceable. So the trick is to build a 'relationship' with people who have reciprocating power and also buy into the underground economy for the tax free exchange of services.

Oh ... NOW I see ... when you put it THAT way. Makes perfect sense.

Reactions: Thomas60

·
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,059
:rolling::rolling::words:
Seriously, though ... Christmas present buying in our ENTJ/ISTJ household:

**We only exchange gifts with family.
Yes, you live (next door/across the street) but I'm not going to buy you a really nice bottle of wine
in exchange for your "treats" you made that you forgot I don't eat because I'm vegan.
I'll keep the wine, you keep your jalapeno/cranberry/mint cream cheese dip
(do those three things even belong in the same dip?)

yes, someone actaully made that and gave it to us
Hubby, after sampling it: "Well, it tastes like you think it would ... bad"
**Only those under 18 get a gift.
The rest of y'all are adults. Get a job. Buy your own things. We're not Santa Claus.
If you want to exchange "gifts", bring booze. Always welcomed.

**If you're a tiny tot, you'll get what we decide to buy for you.
We'll wrap it in cheerful holiday wrap that we've made sure is easy for little fingers to tear apart.
Your mom can return it if she doesn't like it.
You won't remember that we bought you anything anyway.

**If you're over 8-ish or so, you know what you like and what you want. Tell us. Be specific.

We'll buy it, and wrap it up for you.

**If you're a teenager, Uncle Hubby or Aunt BossyPants is going to slip you some cash.
It's what you really want anyway. Enjoy.

Not nearly as Bah-Humbug-y as it sounds. The nieces and nephews love us because
they always get exactly what they wanted. :wink:

We aren't Christians. Our concession to the holiday?
We eat off festive Christmas china, will wear a Santa hat and are of good cheer
because we're not stressed out over the holiday. :tongue:
We even know a Christmas carol, or two, and might join in.
You'll get the level of participation we're comfortable with.
You're not going to "Fe shame" us into getting sucked into gift giving.

So there. Merry Christmas!!! :happy:

Reactions: Laguna

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Seriously, though ... Christmas present buying in our ENTJ/ISTJ household:

**We only exchange gifts with family.
Yes, you live (next door/across the street) but I'm not going to buy you a really nice bottle of wine
in exchange for your "treats" you made that you forgot I don't eat because I'm vegan.
I'll keep the wine, you keep your jalapeno/cranberry/mint cream cheese dip
(do those three things even belong in the same dip?)

yes, someone actaully made that and gave it to us
Hubby, after sampling it: "Well, it tastes like you think it would ... bad"
**Only those under 18 get a gift.
The rest of y'all are adults. Get a job. Buy your own things. We're not Santa Claus.
If you want to exchange "gifts", bring booze. Always welcomed.

**If you're a tiny tot, you'll get what we decide to buy for you.
We'll wrap it in cheerful holiday wrap that we've made sure is easy for little fingers to tear apart.
Your mom can return it if she doesn't like it.
You won't remember that we bought you anything anyway.

**If you're over 8-ish or so, you know what you like and what you want. Tell us. Be specific.

We'll buy it, and wrap it up for you.

**If you're a teenager, Uncle Hubby or Aunt BossyPants is going to slip you some cash.
It's what you really want anyway. Enjoy.

Not nearly as Bah-Humbug-y as it sounds. The nieces and nephews love us because
they always get exactly what they wanted. :wink:

We aren't Christians. Our concession to the holiday?
We eat off festive Christmas china, will wear a Santa hat and are of good cheer
because we're not stressed out over the holiday. :tongue:
We even know a Christmas carol, or two, and might join in.
You'll get the level of participation we're comfortable with.
You're not going to "Fe shame" us into getting sucked into gift giving.

So there. Merry Christmas!!! :happy:
Sounds great to me! And how it should be. (-:

Reactions: MsBossyPants
2041 - 2060 of 4317 Posts