Personality Cafe banner

2221 - 2240 of 4317 Posts

·
Banned
710 Posts
Not really. I liked school because I love learning and my social skills were always decent. At work, I wouldn't say it was an issue necessarily, but one of my first full-time jobs after college rubbed me the wrong way. The majority of the work was seasonal, so the busy time of year lasted a few months and then it was completely dead. I hated the dead months. My mind was too active and I became really irritable. If I hadn't moved on to another job I probably would have created problems because I was so unhappy.

Guess I'm alone here? Story of my life haha.
Now I didn't mean behavioural problems as in needing a padded room and/or heavy meds (although looking back....)
I was actually a quiet and happy go lucky (younger) child until about age 10. Then something inside me snapped and by the end of high school, I had wracked up quite a number of suspensions for various offences and seriously did not give a fuck what anyone thought of my actions. I think the only reason I was never expelled was because my grades were always top. I was always on the honour roll but scoffed at it. In my mind that achievement was reserved for brown nosers and ass kissers (what a shit I must have been). I no longer (mostly) hold that opinion. I love to learn but couldn't stand most of my peers. I planned how to get out of high school and into university by age 17 just because I didn't want to go to kiddie school anymore. Here I felt more freedom and less undermining authority.
At work, I cannot be managed by someone I perceive as less knowledgeable and experienced. It's very difficult for me to hold back and that could be death in the corporate world. I am certain that I was constructively dismissed (while on mat leave) from my last employer because of insubordination.
Of course I will acquiesce to a manager I believe has the ability to lead. I am not a total maniac. I just can't handle incompetence and/or malice. I've decided to turn over a new leaf and be less outspoken with my new employer. Wish me luck haha.

Unicorn Attack, congrats on the move. Put those thoughts into action in order to kill boredom at work. Some of my best successes with projects were the result of having nothing to do prior to envisioning what I could be doing with my time. It stimulates the mind at the very least. If it makes money, even better!

Cheers!

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,227
Reactions: Sour Roses

·
Banned
2,042 Posts
What do you do with your anger?
If I am angry on myself then I plug my earphones, play

and headbang. If no one's around, then growling and headbanging. I don't have a heavy bag, sadly.

If I'm angry on someone though, then I just go to that person and lash out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do ENTJ's be real or act and be diplomatic?. like actually stopping someone to tell them they are wrong or waiting to for them to stop then tell them they are wrong or just not tell them they are wrong at all and let them be happy?. And oooo do ENTJ's like others misery?.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Do ENTJ's be real or act and be diplomatic?. like actually stopping someone to tell them they are wrong or waiting to for them to stop then tell them they are wrong or just not tell them they are wrong at all and let them be happy?. And oooo do ENTJ's like others misery?.
Cost-benefit analysis. If I love you and I think what you're doing will cause harm to your life and those around you, I'll speak up. If I don't know you, I mind my own damn business because I don't want to deal with the social fallout and emotional explosion it might trigger that's not worth my time and energy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cost-benefit analysis. If I love you and I think what you're doing will cause harm to your life and those around you, I'll speak up. If I don't know you, I mind my own damn business because I don't want to deal with the social fallout and emotional explosion it might trigger that's not worth my time and energy.
Yes but that's just the normal herd right?. You care about the people you know and don't care about the ones you don't. When i said about telling them they are wrong i meant it like in a conversation. Because in a conversation you can be polite to take advantage of them, like getting them in a good mood by not telling them that they are wrong about the "fact" that they have been boasting about. They feel better about themselves and the whole environment stays positive for beneficial outcomes. Do you guys stick it in the other people's face or not?.

·
Mafia Goddess
3,899 Posts

·
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,236
Yes but that's just the normal herd right?. You care about the people you know and don't care about the ones you don't. When i said about telling them they are wrong i meant it like in a conversation. Because in a conversation you can be polite to take advantage of them, like getting them in a good mood by not telling them that they are wrong about the "fact" that they have been boasting about. They feel better about themselves and the whole environment stays positive for beneficial outcomes. Do you guys stick it in the other people's face or not?.
See, this is tricky because this ^^^ is in written form on the internet, so it forces a response in order to acknowledge what you wrote was read - hence a form of trolling.

In real life, at this point, I would shoot you a look and walk away because you are clearly looking for an argument and using inflammatory language in order to illicit a response. To paraphrase @Handsome Jack , I weigh whether I want to engage with you. If I don't have a personal relationship with you, so don't value your input, or don't see the point in getting caught up in your rhetoric, it's a waste of my time.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
What's your singing voice like ?
I have been told the world is a better place when I don't sing. Many times.

Interestingly though, I have made a living using my voice for most of my life, just not singing... hahhahaha

·
Registered
16 Posts
See, this is tricky because this ^^^ is in written form on the internet, so it forces a response in order to acknowledge what you wrote was read - hence a form of trolling.

In real life, at this point, I would shoot you a look and walk away because you are clearly looking for an argument and using inflammatory language in order to illicit a response. To paraphrase @Handsome Jack , I weigh whether I want to engage with you. If I don't have a personal relationship with you, so don't value your input, or don't see the point in getting caught up in your rhetoric, it's a waste of my time.
Okay let's be diplomatic and debate for the sake of finding the truth, debate without emotion and passion. The goal here is to learn, about each other's experiences and maybe implementing them in life. Maybe try it in a day of your life, when you know someone is wrong or you're just about to say something that would undermine that person's opinion, try and bite your lips. This is me coming out for a handshake so we can actually get somewhere with my question.

·
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,239 (Edited)
Okay let's be diplomatic and debate for the sake of finding the truth, debate without emotion and passion. The goal here is to learn, about each other's experiences and maybe implementing them in life. Maybe try it in a day of your life, when you know someone is wrong or you're just about to say something that would undermine that person's opinion, try and bite your lips. This is me coming out for a handshake so we can actually get somewhere with my question.
It's not a debate. You asked a specific question about how we behave in a certain situation and we've answered it truthfully. You're implying that we weren't truthful. That's hardly diplomatic.

I'll be diplomatic, here, and accept the handshake, but it's clear that further discussion is unproductive given the implication of your comments.

(when I don't respond to you any further, that's me doing what I told you I would do, given the scenario you originally suggested)

2221 - 2240 of 4317 Posts