10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,241

·
Registered
3,915 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's not a debate. You asked a specific question about how we behave in a certain situation and we've answered it truthfully. You're implying that we weren't truthful. That's hardly diplomatic.

I'll be diplomatic, here, and except the handshake, but it's clear that further discussion is unproductive given the implication of your comments.

(when I don't respond to you any further, that's me doing what I told you I would do, given the scenario you originally suggested)
Mam i am sincerely sorry for personally attacking you on that other thread and i should've thought about what i am writing without any emotions. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to point things out to me, i should not have turned a simple question that i asked into a overblown debate and i certainly should not have have implied that you and the other kind people who were replying to me weren't truthful. Again i want to thank you for taking the time to reply to my posts and accepting my handshake. It was great to have a discussion with you even if as off my fault it was a failed one.

·
Banned
2,042 Posts
What's your singing voice like ?
Used to be excellent as a kid. Then puberty struck and fucked all my high notes. Then came frequent attacks of sinusitis and now my singing voice is just perpetually fucked. It's still better than most people's.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Guess I'm alone here? Story of my life haha.
Now I didn't mean behavioural problems as in needing a padded room and/or heavy meds (although looking back....)
I was actually a quiet and happy go lucky (younger) child until about age 10. Then something inside me snapped and by the end of high school, I had wracked up quite a number of suspensions for various offences and seriously did not give a fuck what anyone thought of my actions. I think the only reason I was never expelled was because my grades were always top. I was always on the honour roll but scoffed at it. In my mind that achievement was reserved for brown nosers and ass kissers (what a shit I must have been). I no longer (mostly) hold that opinion. I love to learn but couldn't stand most of my peers. I planned how to get out of high school and into university by age 17 just because I didn't want to go to kiddie school anymore. Here I felt more freedom and less undermining authority.
At work, I cannot be managed by someone I perceive as less knowledgeable and experienced. It's very difficult for me to hold back and that could be death in the corporate world. I am certain that I was constructively dismissed (while on mat leave) from my last employer because of insubordination.
Of course I will acquiesce to a manager I believe has the ability to lead. I am not a total maniac. I just can't handle incompetence and/or malice. I've decided to turn over a new leaf and be less outspoken with my new employer. Wish me luck haha.

Unicorn Attack, congrats on the move. Put those thoughts into action in order to kill boredom at work. Some of my best successes with projects were the result of having nothing to do prior to envisioning what I could be doing with my time. It stimulates the mind at the very least. If it makes money, even better!

Cheers!
That job transition happened a while back, like 20 years ago (I feel like such an old lady now!). But I know how you feel about the difficulty in following a manager's lead when you're pretty sure they're wrong or there is a better way. I struggled with that in my 20s. Eventually when I became a manager, I had more leeway to exercise my own vision at work, and I was a lot happier. Sounds like that the problem in school too, huh? I was difficult for some of my teachers to handle. Sometimes I openly disagreed with a topic being discussed in class and they didn't appreciate it. They felt I was being defiant. That happened less in college, but I did have a professor who gave me a B on a paper despite my paper meeting the requirements for an A based off her rubric, just because she disagreed with the content of my paper. She asked me to "revise" it and I refused.

It took me a long time to learn patience, how to let others save face, and how to still get my point across in order to get what I wanted. You're on the right track with being outspoken. It's helped me to take some time to consider how I want to frame my recommendation so that I can more effectively sell it and get it implemented. It took a mentor telling me that I was kind of "abrupt" for me to realize how I was perceived at work. It sounds like you've already seen this without anyone telling you, so you're ahead of the game!

·
Banned
2,042 Posts
Anyone else here gets angry a lot? I mean, not exactly anger, but feel compelled to be angry at things just to show people that you are serious about it and they should be too?

I frequently bump across people who take grave things very lightly. Like, when a new person joins your group, I have no idea what compels people to not accommodate that new individual and instead see him as an outsider, someone who can never truly be a part of the group. Not only that harms the integrity of the group, it also misses out on the potential value the newbie may add to the whole. I have had at least 2-3 fights with my friends on this kind of behavior and they always ask me why the hell am I so uptight about this. Then there was another occasion when people at a wedding started parking illegally and that was obstructing the path for not only the guests but also the pedestrians who walked by. I have no fucking idea why the management was not concerned with it and when I lashed out on them, they were surprised.

I'm already infamous for having a short temper...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey mastermind ENTJs! if Introverted sensors are just robots stuck in routines. How Arthur Wellington,Duke of wellington(ISTJ) complete rekt napolean bonaparte(ENTJ) in the battle of waterloo??? :cool:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Anyone else here gets angry a lot? I mean, not exactly anger, but feel compelled to be angry at things just to show people that you are serious about it and they should be too?

I frequently bump across people who take grave things very lightly. Like, when a new person joins your group, I have no idea what compels people to not accommodate that new individual and instead see him as an outsider, someone who can never truly be a part of the group. Not only that harms the integrity of the group, it also misses out on the potential value the newbie may add to the whole. I have had at least 2-3 fights with my friends on this kind of behavior and they always ask me why the hell am I so uptight about this. Then there was another occasion when people at a wedding started parking illegally and that was obstructing the path for not only the guests but also the pedestrians who walked by. I have no fucking idea why the management was not concerned with it and when I lashed out on them, they were surprised.

I'm already infamous for having a short temper...
I used to get angry a lot but at some point I decided to pick my battles for my own sanity. I'm with you on sticking up for those who are more vulnerable. I had a situation like that recently where I felt I needed to stick up for someone and kind of went off on an ignoramus in the process. I don't know if it's good or bad when I lose my temper, but usually the person on the receiving end never forgets it, lol. It seems like most ENTJs are enneagram type 8, so I think it's pretty typical for us to have a temper.

·
Banned
2,042 Posts
I used to get angry a lot but at some point I decided to pick my battles for my own sanity. I'm with you on sticking up for those who are more vulnerable. I had a situation like that recently where I felt I needed to stick up for someone and kind of went off on an ignoramus in the process. I don't know if it's good or bad when I lose my temper, but usually the person on the receiving end never forgets it, lol. It seems like most ENTJs are enneagram type 8, so I think it's pretty typical for us to have a temper.
lol it reminds me of a question a friend asked, 'Why are you the first person in any conversation to say ''how dare you?!''? these conflicts are not really a problem most of the time for me and I'm surprised by my ability to forget them under 30 seconds of their happening. What I need more is to keep my indignation in check. It can cause serious problems. Like one time I got into a fit with a 60 year old guy when he said, as if to threaten, 'do you know who I am?' for only just blocking his path unwittingly and not being able to hear his initial request to clear the path. I was ready to apologize and clear the way for him but then he said that and the next second his collar was in my hands and I was telling him to repeat what he said so I can punch his arrogant face in. How dare he believes he can be above common human decency by belonging to a certain profession. It was clear that I didn't hear his voice, but he just had to be an asshole. And if I had actually punched him, then I know only I would've gotten into trouble because I was the 18 year old, full of life and vigorous, and he the frail 60 year old man.
@Hygerof

They won by mistake. And Waterloo is a lame name so Napolean thought better of it. Napolean let his army get rekt because he didn't want Arthur to suspect that he's going easy on him and is just generously granting him what he desperately wants.

·
Registered
51 Posts
these conflicts are not really a problem most of the time for me and I'm surprised by my ability to forget them under 30 seconds of their happening.
Yes, I let it go quickly too. But the tone can make people feel like it was actually a much bigger deal.

And anyone who goes around asking "Do you know who I am?" is just a jackass. If you have to ask people that, then you're really no one worth knowing.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Mam i am sincerely sorry for personally attacking you on that other thread and i should've thought about what i am writing without any emotions. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to point things out to me, i should not have turned a simple question that i asked into a overblown debate and i certainly should not have have implied that you and the other kind people who were replying to me weren't truthful. Again i want to thank you for taking the time to reply to my posts and accepting my handshake. It was great to have a discussion with you even if as off my fault it was a failed one.
I want this to be sarcasm.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Hi ENTJ's

The time has finally come!! I get to quit my god-awful (but extremely lucrative) job and join my ENTJ in Europe :happy:

Questions:
1. How do the ENTJ's on this forum celebrate the end of a tough contract/job?

2. How would you like to be greeted at the airport by your lover, whom you haven't seen in 5/6 months?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Hi ENTJ's

The time has finally come!! I get to quit my god-awful (but extremely lucrative) job and join my ENTJ in Europe :happy:

Questions:

2. How would you like to be greeted at the airport by your lover, whom you haven't seen in 5/6 months?
Congrats! I just bailed on the corporate world myself and set off on my own. No better feeling!

1. By taking on even bigger challenges.
2. There's really no substitute for nudity and activities involving various levels of nudity, but assuming that is off the table, an adoring look, a positive attitude and your undivided attention would do the trick for me. We can discuss the future later, let's enjoy the moment.

Good luck!

·
Banned
1,723 Posts
1.How did you learn networking with people? Did you read some books etc ? Was it hard for you?
2. Is it easy for you to ask for help or favors?
3. How can I know that ENTJ is depressed? When you are sad or depressed do you become less ambitious?
4. Have you ever been lazy?
5. Do you ever feel stuck in life?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Lol... OMG @Mr Canis... I am bold but not quite bold enough to engage in public nudity at an airport *blushes* :tongue:

But yes, I very much doubt that I will be allowed to leave the bed chamber for a while *hugs myself with glee*.

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,257
Hi ENTJ's

Questions:

Yay. Happy for you!!! :happy:

1. Silenced phone. 18 year old scotch. Lavender bubble bath. Ahhhhh ...

2. Big smile. Warm embrace. Awkward cab ride (for the cabbie) because we're necking the whole way home. Luggage left just inside the door on the living floor. Clothes left wherever. Sex. (5 or 6 months? Geez). More sex.

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,258
1.How did you learn networking with people? Did you read some books etc ? Was it hard for you?
2. Is it easy for you to ask for help or favors?
3. How can I know that ENTJ is depressed? When you are sad or depressed do you become less ambitious?
4. Have you ever been lazy?
5. Do you ever feel stuck in life?
1. It's not something I learned. It comes naturally.

2. I can usually figure out how to solve the problem myself. If it's something I don't know how to do, or can't accomplish alone, sure, I'll ask for help. No shame in not knowing something. The only time it's awkward is when I'm not ABLE to do something. Like when I broke my leg and had to stay off of it for a few days. I don't like the feeling of being at the mercy of other people's goodwill. That really frustrated me.

3. For me it's sort of the opposite. If I'm at a low point, I'm more likely to throw myself into work or an activity and just power through it. I'd probably become MORE ambitious.

4. Lazy? As in laid back and relaxed, deliberately taking it easy? Sure. Generally unmotivated and slothful? Nah.

5. Stuck. No. Never. If you knock me down, I'll just sleep on it and hit the ground running the next day. I'm a glass half-full kind of a person.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Lol... OMG @Mr Canis... I am bold but not quite bold enough to engage in public nudity at an airport *blushes* :tongue:
The "authorities" at airports will tolerate far, far more nudity than you might think these days. A nude person is probably not concealing the sorts of things that they have come to fear at airports. The more you take off, the less suspicious you are...

Go ahead, try it. You can always blame me if things take a left turn and head south.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Yay. Happy for you!!! :happy:

1. Silenced phone. 18 year old scotch. Lavender bubble bath. Ahhhhh ...

2. Big smile. Warm embrace. Awkward cab ride (for the cabbie) because we're necking the whole way home. Luggage left just inside the door on the living floor. Clothes left wherever. Sex. (5 or 6 months? Geez). More sex.
Thanks @MsBossyPants... you crack me up!! :laughing:

He's taking a week off and has told me that he has no intention of spending any of that time sightseeing :happy:

It's been waaay too long and we have been revving each other up by phone and email. He's intense enough to swamp my senses, even from 13,500km away. And I am... hmmm... quiet imaginative. It will be very hard not to throw myself upon him, like a ravenous beast, the moment I look at him - but I really don't think that would impress him. He enjoys taking his time *realises that there is simply no emoji to adequately describe this feeling*

2241 - 2260 of 4286 Posts