Personality Cafe banner

221 - 240 of 4286 Posts

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
I re-wrote the response sorry. Can you look at it again? :3

Okay. I jsut dont like want to be lazy in like anything or miss what he means. You know I try to ignore those stereotypes. Cuz its like: well stereotypes lol. But okay i understand now. Cuz im thinking of like a doctor. He is prone to making a mistake in the hospital or with a patient because he is human. However he is less likely to make a mistake in the professional area because he is a doctor, he went to medical school, he/she has to be very detailed and careful and have a concern or worry for the patient among other things. To me, I see those as separate things. Hmm makes me more sense now thanks! :3
Haha I feel like we're hijacking the ENTJ thread now :p But yeah if you are aware of possible mistakes and put more care into the work it can make you less prone to error. I'm not sure why you were in disagreement on that, because you were both saying the same thing, using different words. You're calling it "inevitable" and he's saying "preventable", but in both cases you're accounting for potential error in the future, so the argument seems to be semantics. I think both are true. Error is inevitable, but it doesn't mean you have to sit back and watch everything fall apart.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Haha I feel like we're hijacking the ENTJ thread now :p But yeah if you are aware of possible mistakes and put more care into the work it can make you less prone to error. I'm not sure why you were in disagreement on that, because you were both saying the same thing, using different words. You're calling it "inevitable" and he's saying "preventable", but in both cases you're accounting for potential error in the future, so the argument seems to be semantics. I think both are true. Error is inevitable, but it doesn't mean you have to sit back and watch everything fall apart.
Oh no to sit back drives me NUTS. Its like my ambition is like: Yo! wtf are you doing? Get on it! -___-

·
Registered
5,848 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
What is your understanding of what makes a human a human being? I had this argument with my ENTJ and he tried to say that he was above being prone to mistakes like every other human being in the world and used the argument that a dog was prone to making mistakes? o_O I didn't understand and just stopped the argument. So I want to know what you guys think or see the question and if I am missing anything.
Adenosine triphosphate?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Okay. I just dont like want to be lazy in like anything or miss what he means.
From reading your posts, you probably will miss what he means sometimes, because 9 out of 10 times, he meant exactly what he said and there is no hidden meaning. For example, it was almost painful for me to read the earlier paragraph about the sausage. I put myself in a visual of spending time with a man who had that dialog with me, and at some point my eyes glazed over, because what a sausage is made of would quickly be filed into the "irrelevant and uninteresting data" part of my brain (unless, of course, I decided I wanted to improve the sausage or there was something unique or funny about the sausage). Otherwise, it would be a choice of whether I liked it and ate it, or didn't and discarded it. Who has all that mental energy for a sausage? It hurts to simply write this paragraph.

Concepts are a completely different thing. History, historical costume, historical figures, the ideology in differing periods, etc. is interesting to me. Why? Because a chain of how mankind has become what mankind has through either learning from it or not learning from it can be explored. There is mystery in it, and it leads to bigger pictures.

A conversation held yesterday may shed some light on the way the typical ENTJ thinks:

Me to hairdresser: I'm looking for lowlights and highlights that will be attractive, lasting and present a professional image to flatter my coloring, style and age.
Hairdresser: I think you'll like these colors, they are all made of completely natural ingredients. Everything is natural.
Me: Natural? So is cholera and Ebola. I am looking for a natural-appearing result, I could care less if the ingredients to get it are found in nature.
Hairdresser: But they're all natural.

At this point, I have to zip my lips because I do not want to insult the hairdresser by pointing out that all "unnatural" things are natural because they had to come from somewhere and man, who is also natural, simply found a way to combine them. I just want my hair to turn out looking good and I've left her back in ya-ya land kicking around nature. I am now a little afraid for my hair.

While I have some tolerance for it, prolonged periods in ya-ya land will annoy me.

So try to look at his interest level like: "this thing">"that thing">END RESULT. Speaking for myself, it is the quickest way to raise interest. Long conversations can be held over "this thing" and "that thing," but only if there is a chain to explore, rather than just some unresolved abstract concept that goes nowhere.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
From reading your posts, you probably will miss what he means sometimes, because 9 out of 10 times, he meant exactly what he said and there is no hidden meaning. For example, it was almost painful for me to read the earlier paragraph about the sausage. I put myself in a visual of spending time with a man who had that dialog with me, and at some point my eyes glazed over, because what a sausage is made of would quickly be filed into the "irrelevant and uninteresting data" part of my brain (unless, of course, I decided I wanted to improve the sausage or there was something unique or funny about the sausage). Otherwise, it would be a choice of whether I liked it and ate it, or didn't and discarded it. Who has all that mental energy for a sausage? It hurts to simply write this paragraph.

Concepts are a completely different thing. History, historical costume, historical figures, the ideology in differing periods, etc. is interesting to me. Why? Because a chain of how mankind has become what mankind has through either learning from it or not learning from it can be explored. There is mystery in it, and it leads to bigger pictures.

A conversation held yesterday may shed some light on the way the typical ENTJ thinks:

Me to hairdresser: I'm looking for lowlights and highlights that will be attractive, lasting and present a professional image to flatter my coloring, style and age.
Hairdresser: I think you'll like these colors, they are all made of completely natural ingredients. Everything is natural.
Me: Natural? So is cholera and Ebola. I am looking for a natural-appearing result, I could care less if the ingredients to get it are found in nature.

At this point, I have to zip my lips because I do not want to insult the hairdresser by pointing out that all "unnatural" things are natural because they had to come from somewhere and man, who is also natural, simply found a way to combine them. I just want my hair to turn out looking good and I've left her back in ya-ya land kicking around nature. I am now a little afraid for my hair.

While I have some tolerance for it, prolonged periods in ya-ya land will annoy me.

So try to look at his interest level like: "this thing">"that thing">END RESULT. Speaking for myself, it is the quickest way to raise interest. Long conversations can be held over "this thing" and "that thing," but only if there is a chain to explore, rather than just some unresolved abstract concept that goes nowhere.
Ahhh okay. But I ultimately just wanted his opinion on what it was since he knew it was a dead animal. Cuz it tasted like one. He then told me he didnt want to say because he did not want to be wrong. I told him that tells me you are afraid to but I see what you mean here. He didnt want to give false info and he said that. But again i dont see a big deal in that. An opinion is not a fact.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I was thinking life, not limited to human life.
My question was what you thought in regards to what makes a human a human being. you said adenosine triphosphate or ATP. Then I said animals also make ATP. How does ATP and its relation to life overall come into this question? o_O Because im asking about humans not life in general. I asked how you think or see the question and just gave background on why I asked the question.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts

That's hilarious but people like that are exhausting, lol. Clearly humans and everything they produce are supernatural.

·
Registered
402 Posts
That's hilarious but people like that are exhausting, lol. Clearly humans and everything they produce are supernatural.
Yes, they are exhausting, aren't they? Being in a relationship with one of them would cause me to head for the hills at a brisk canter then hide in the thick brush after I sent them snipe hunting as a distraction.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
My question was what you thought in regards to what makes a human a human being. you said adenosine triphosphate or ATP. Then I said animals also make ATP. How does ATP and its relation to life overall come into this question? o_O Because im asking about humans not life in general. I asked how you think or see the question and just gave background on why I asked the question.
Ok? I skimmed the question and answered with the first thought.

If you're looking to strike a debate, we'll talk politics, not trivial existential bullshit.

I should probably throw in an lol to soften the blow.

Lol.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Yes, they are exhausting, aren't they? Being in a relationship with one of them would cause me to head for the hills at a brisk canter then hide in the thick brush after I sent them snipe hunting as a distraction.
I own a kombucha bar.

I get shit like that all the time.

"My doctor told me to switch to all- natural products'. (Really now? Find a new doctor.)

"I'm doing that gluten free diet. Is this gluten free?" (Do you have Celiac Disease? Wheat allergy? No? Ok so you're a band wagoner. Got it.)

:frustrating:

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Ok? I skimmed the question and answered with the first thought.

If you're looking to strike a debate, we'll talk politics, not trivial existential bullshit.

I should probably throw in an lol to soften the blow.

Lol.
Im asking opinion. your view and opinion, not a debate :3 Someone said gray matter, what about you?

·
Registered
3,157 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Everything is a debate
Seems antagonizing is too but we dont do it often do we? :3 Or should I say should we?

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
"My doctor told me to switch to all- natural products'. (Really now? Find a new doctor.)

"I'm doing that gluten free diet. Is this gluten free?" (Do you have Celiac Disease? Wheat allergy? No? Ok so you're a band wagoner. Got it.)

Lol. I have an ENTP friend like this... who wanted to date me... (recently she was ranting about how genetic engineering is interfering with 'natural evolution' b/c of pesticide use)

Actually I've second-guessed her type because of things like that.. maybe one of them wannabe-NT's haha

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Im asking opinion. your view and opinion, not a debate :3 Someone said gray matter, what about you?
I'm over it. So I'm not reopening that discussion.

Furthermore, I don't appreciate the lack of substance you bring to conversation. If you have a question, I'll let others answer. The unending useless questioning seems pointless to me but comes factory standard with you.

221 - 240 of 4286 Posts