Personality Cafe banner

3021 - 3040 of 4286 Posts

·
Banned
767 Posts
Question: Last fall semester I failed my math class. My prof was an ENTJ. Put all sorts of hopes in me and everyone in class. I did my best. I failed. He even gave me like up to a fourth chance and it didn't work.

I haven't seen him since.

There's something I have of his I forgot he lent me and now I have no choice but to go see him again when this semester starts to give it back and I'm scared of facing him. I know he's prolly like super disappointed in me.

:unsure:
...There's no question.

Generally speaking, though, his memory will probably be a little higher for you if you return his belongings to him. It would make me happy if something I lost was returned to me. It helps build character points between you and the teacher. And if you gave an honest to whatever-you-believe-in attempt, then he'll at the very least respect that. If he is disappointed, it's because he honestly wanted to see you succeed, so I'm sure he's not angry at you. It would be like if your kid failed a competition or something. You're more sad. And chances are, if you're not taking his class again next semester, you wont be seeing him much anyway.

·
Banned
767 Posts
Question: Last fall semester I failed my math class. My prof was an ENTJ. Put all sorts of hopes in me and everyone in class. I did my best. I failed. He even gave me like up to a fourth chance and it didn't work.

There's something I have of his I forgot he lent me and now I have no choice but to go see him again when this semester starts to give it back and I'm scared of facing him. I know he's prolly like super disappointed in me.

...There's no question.

Generally, though, it would leave a better farewell if you returned something to him. We all forget to return things, and if I lost something, I would be grateful to have it back. Doing that usually always helps build character points between you and a teacher. Not to mention I'm sure he's not holding it against you. If you gave an honest to whatever-you-believe-in attempt at trying to pass, then he'll at the very least respect that. Honestly, a student who tries to the end is better to see than them dropping out. If it's too uncomfortable for you, then at least you wont be seeing him a lot if you have no other classes with him.

·
Banned
2,042 Posts

Well, whether you're scared or not, not going back immediately to return his stuff means that you're not returning something which rightfully belongs to him. I don't think someone needs to clarify why that is worse than facing him while he's disappointed in you.

On the bright side, he might get to know that you're still good for something *shrugs*

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
Question: who do I have to beat up to be able to post, see my posts, reposts, mentions, updates on my subscribed threads, other peoples' posts, and not that bloody database error? (yes I'm asking here because it won't let me see anything else) :crying:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

Did you fail English too? Where's the question

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

Did you fail English too? Where's the question?

·
Registered
960 Posts

What was the question?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, in my world it is called shit testing. Not very nice... �������� hoooow ruuuuuudeeeeeeee.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
i have a problem with an entj. He wont talk to me...... how can i introduce a convo? I was thinking: "let us make a baby asap", and then smiiiiiile like spongebob.

·
Banned
767 Posts
i have a problem with an entj. He wont talk to me...... how can i introduce a convo? I was thinking: "let us make a baby asap", and then smiiiiiile like spongebob.
There's a lot of left out details here, because the ENTJ could be an extremely busy guy, or just has other priorities, but I don't know. What I know about me, though, is that small talk is incredibly inconvenient if I'm focused on something else.

Also, finally. This thread updated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
How do I tell very forward men that I am not interested in them without offending them or damaging relationships? There were two situations in which men started to flirt with me and I nicely explained I have a boyfriend. However then their flirting became increasingly lewd and proceeded to inappropriate physical contact.

One was a former roommate and the other a person helping me train my dogs to hunt boar, so I didnt want to damage the relationships by being overtly hostile or bruising their egos, given long term goals but in neither case did they respect more subtle messages and kept pushing thier sexual agenda. In both cases I finally simply cut off being around them.

·
Banned
767 Posts
How do I tell very forward men that I am not interested in them without offending them or damaging relationships? There were two situations in which men started to flirt with me and I nicely explained I have a boyfriend. However then their flirting became increasingly lewd and proceeded to inappropriate physical contact.

One was a former roommate and the other a person helping me train my dogs to hunt boar, so I didnt want to damage the relationships by being overtly hostile or bruising their egos, given long term goals but in neither case did they respect more subtle messages and kept pushing thier sexual agenda. In both cases I finally simply cut off being around them.
Being forthright is not the same as being hostile. Cut the subtle stuff, because those don't always get through peoples heads. Be forward yourself and just say, "Don't do that," to the inappropriate stuff. If they still don't listen, you most likely don't want to stay being around them.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I hear ENTJs don't like or really need compliments. What kind of compliments do you like to hear from people?

·
Banned
767 Posts
I hear ENTJs don't like or really need compliments. What kind of compliments do you like to hear from people?
The only time I take a compliment is when I want a compliment. That doesn't sound helpful, but compliments generally don't do much for me. Now when I'm a student working under an instructor who're hard to please, a "good job" will tell me that I'm taking steps in the right direction with them, and that's satisfying. There's a practical application to that. When it's just conversational "He's smart" or "I think he's funny," I just humbly brush them aside.

·
Banned
2,042 Posts

There are girls who are able to set their boundaries clearly without damaging relationships. Ask yourself what they do. One possible answer might be: They don't give a damn about damaging the relationship if its initial boundaries aren't respected in the first place.

You already know my answer, I think. I will only add that I like to hear compliments about my novelty and effectiveness. But even then, I'd prefer it if those compliments are channeled through friendship, loyalty, and obedience, rather than words.

3021 - 3040 of 4286 Posts