Personality Cafe banner

3981 - 4000 of 4286 Posts

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Hot/cold behavior of ENTJ males?
Why go from caressing/groping, deep eye contact, and caring behavior for a few days to then giving cold attitude, hard stares and near frostbitten conversations?! I mean....wtf?! lol.
If this is a pattern, the ENTJ male is likely gaming you. If it went from hot to cold and remained there, he's likely lost interest.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
What happens to all the money rich people make?
Thet get invested into various stuff. A huge portion goes back to the government. And money businesses make are usually placed back into the business instead of paying the owner, as paying an owner has significant taxing behind it in almost ALL countries. Which in return increases the value of a company, often generates more work and turns into other purchases. All in all, rich people getting richer is partially why the economy grows.

Personally, I wouldn't buy tacos or a taco truck because I hate coriander.

Hot/cold behavior of ENTJ males?
Why go from caressing/groping, deep eye contact, and caring behavior for a few days to then giving cold attitude, hard stares and near frostbitten conversations?! I mean....wtf?! lol.
If this has repeated more than once, he is playing you.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I assumed it was ENTJish because everything I read mentions this push and pull pattern in relationships.
Perhaps you're right, seems to be a cycle w/him so I'm never sure how to take either behavior set(oe the intention of intimacy then spite) & try to remain consistent to my character either way. But I also love a good throw down so he knows I'll address it somehow.
mmmhhh just my two cents: In my experience with both NTJ types, I agree with @Blue Flower , the hot-cold is INTJish. I've never experienced that with an ENTJ (and I've been "involved" with a handful), they were in the spectrum between pushy/aggressive & super attentive/communicate. Never experienced the cold, not even in mere friendships where they weren't/aren't even interested in me romantically, they are consistent.
Your ENTJ sounds player.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I think it is common knowledge that the money/surplus in a market economy goes to business owners/their businesses.

What happens to all the money rich people make?

(In contrast, if I, a not very rich person, get a wage increase: I'm more likely going to spend it on tacos from a taco truck. Which grows the taco economy and could increase the number of tacos me and my neighborly illegal immagrant will consume every year, but neither of us get richer, we just consume more stuff.)
The question is, should rich people have more skin in the game? E.g. when people revolted against the French king, the wealth was redistributed. Now that seems way less possible. Is what the wealthy are building, built to last? If yes, count me in.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
What motivation would an ENTJ have to study philosophy at university instead of a more practical career path?

·
King of Seduction
7,124 Posts
What motivation would an ENTJ have to study philosophy at university instead of a more practical career path?
I liked philosophy, one of my favorite electives.
I assume they are still relatively young so perhaps the motivation is taking something they like while they figure out what career path is best for them?

·
Spam-I-am
13,626 Posts
I assume they are still relatively young so perhaps the motivation is taking something they like while they figure out what career path is best for them?
2 of my best friends are ENTJ
they are the only ones irl whom I can talk to on a intellectual level
the difference between I/E are minuscule
as INTJ philosophy has been my obsession for 27 years

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
Ironic, was just speaking to my philosophy instructor today asking about his dissertation and my second question was: "I recognize this is a risky question, but what can you actually use that for?" lol

I think an ENTJ would need to find some sort of utility in the study. Perhaps they rationalized that becoming a professor at a certain university is the type of life they would like to lead where it is a prestigious and well-paying university and he/she gets to play with abstract topics all day.

Perhaps they have a goal of entering an industry at a competitive angle with a philosophy background where most others have different academic backgrounds.

I think it would be a rare occasion to see an ENTJ studying philosophy purely for the joy of studying philosophy.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Nah, they're pretty much about my age and established. This could've well been his thought process though

Ironic, was just speaking to my philosophy instructor today asking about his dissertation and my second question was: "I recognize this is a risky question, but what can you actually use that for?" lol

I think an ENTJ would need to find some sort of utility in the study. Perhaps they rationalized that becoming a professor at a certain university is the type of life they would like to lead where it is a prestigious and well-paying university and he/she gets to play with abstract topics all day.

Perhaps they have a goal of entering an industry at a competitive angle with a philosophy background where most others have different academic backgrounds.

I think it would be a rare occasion to see an ENTJ studying philosophy purely for the joy of studying philosophy.
I know, that's what brought me to inquire to you.

Dude says he typed as ENTJ, he has the pragmatic focus to suggest this, but some things make me wonder if he has a different type. He doesn't care about MBTI at all, so he didn't look beyond the test, so I am just sneakily poking for clues. I'd honestly be thrilled if he was an ENTJ after all since I've never met one in person.

Philosophy can be a stepping stone to legal and political careers. IMO, it should be a must for the purposes of learning critical thinking and ethical considerations.
It goes like this: He did a double major in Philosophy/English Literature, figured out teaching wasn't for him, then went into IT, works for hospitals now, and teaches part time at college for the extra income. The fact he isn't interested in leadership and expressed enjoying learning for its own sake is a bit puzzling, even if these are stereotypes.

He did mention learning does help keep cognition sharp into old age as a benefit, so I guess there's no such thing as useless learning... agree/disagree?

Thank you all for your insights.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
It goes like this: He did a double major in Philosophy/English Literature, figured out teaching wasn't for him, then went into IT, works for hospitals now, and teaches part time at college for the extra income. The fact he isn't interested in leadership and expressed enjoying learning for its own sake is a bit puzzling, even if these are stereotypes.

He did mention learning does help keep cognition sharp into old age as a benefit, so I guess there's no such thing as useless learning... agree/disagree?
While cognitive preferences =/= behaviors, there is some correlation. He doesn't appear to behave like an ENTJ. He sounds more like an ENTP or ENFJ where both can mistype as ENTJ.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
While cognitive preferences =/= behaviors, there is some correlation. He doesn't appear to behave like an ENTJ. He sounds more like an ENTP or ENFJ where both can mistype as ENTJ.
Not an F type I don't think. Dude's perfectly comfortable with nihilism to a degree that makes me a bit jealous to be frank.
He seems to value achievements and material possessions over experiences, whereas I am the opposite and that was sort of one of our first discussions. It's pretty classic. He buckled down for a practical career path whereas I dropped a practical career path for an impractical one because I didn't want to live out my life with that stone unturned...

Research still inconclusive, more data to be gathered I suppose. Thank you though.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Not an F type I don't think. Dude's perfectly comfortable with nihilism to a degree that makes me a bit jealous to be frank.
He seems to value achievements and material possessions over experiences, whereas I am the opposite and that was sort of one of our first discussions. It's pretty classic. He buckled down for a practical career path whereas I dropped a practical career path for an impractical one because I didn't want to live out my life with that stone unturned...

Research still inconclusive, more data to be gathered I suppose. Thank you though.
how doi pikced what to study in u?
1)What i do like todo for a long time withour being bored(passion and all that bbla blabla that people used to say about prersonal preferences) ?
2)what im good at(soft skills hard skills etc)?
then made a list and find the best posible and realistic options for me.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts

ESTPs and ESTJs can mistype as ENTJs too.

·
Registered
128 Posts

He sounds like an ESTJ (3w4) with strong tertiary Ne; depending on the type of MBTI test he took and how the S/N questions were worded (usually rather poorly), it's not inconceivable for him to possibly mistype as an ENTJ.

1.) ESTJs are more defined by a grounded pragmatism, in part, because they have a stronger drive towards security and risk aversion (Si influence)--they will more readily do the most practical thing, despite whether they idealistically want to or not. That's where that Si duty/responsability shit comes into play.

2.) If ENTJs have an inner (ISFP) artist, ESTJs have an inner (INFP) philosopher--more pronounced tertiary Ne predisposes them to a curiosity concerning "cosmic interconnectedness," "What if?" the meaning of life, universal mechanics, etc...; it also opens them up to further engaging the Ne possibilities concerning their careers and future. Therefore, it's not surprising that he's job hopped a bit, even indulging in philosophy, which on its face, seems uncharacteristic of the (stereo)typically focused, "type A" ESTJ.

3.) Pronounced tertiary Ne can also inundate ESTJs with a shitload of dire potential forecasts that can result in a nihilistic outlook. Also, if he is an Enneagram 3w4, they can be icy, aloof, prone to a stone faced melancholy, but still focused on professionalism, achievement and material things.

And in case he is, in fact, an ENTJ, here are two of my favorite ENTJ related facts I like to shove in folk's faces, according to the MBTI Manual III :

1.) Academic subjects preferred: English and Science
2.) Overrepresented among behavioral psychologists.

I have an affinity for all of the above but these tidbits are rarely "centered" or even mentioned in the most popular prevailing narratives. Theoretically, there are millions of ENTJs--there's bound to be at least 1 or 2 odd blokes that break the rank and file. ;) Regardless, an ENTJ Professor/Engineer/Judge/Neurosurgeon/Politician/Actor should have a propensity for decisiveness, high rationale/logic, directing, conceptualizing, information synthesis, problem deconstruction, "system"/structure optimization, error correction, overall strategy and goal setting/implementation. BOOM. That's it. That's the essential core of the ENTJ.

The MBTI II incorporates a dichotimized preference clarity index that proves intra-type diversity is a thing. Of course there are general trends/average ranges for where a particular type customarily falls but outliers exist. One ENTJ prefers to be pressure prompted, another starts early; One is more expressive, the other is deadpan and contained; one is high energy, the other low energy; one is more verbally fluid, the other terse and economical and so forth. There are a plethora of variables that tint and stylize the ways in which one's type manifests. One must not lose sight of this.

Lastly, the leadership thing is nuanced and it doesn't necessarily have to be actively "liked" in so much as it is readily/organically assumed--overall Te doms may not be the most socially extroverted in the traditional sense; there are those (like myself) who like to work alone when they can (others slow me down/can't duplicate my energy/possess other limitations) but have no problem with naturally and effectively commandeering the ship when it's go time/necessary. Push come to shove, being in-charge > being an insubordinate. The quality of the team and the level of familiarity can also make a difference. But it's quite the conundrum when you want to both call the shots and at the same time, not be bothered. lol

3981 - 4000 of 4286 Posts