Personality Cafe banner

4061 - 4080 of 4286 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Someone attractive enters the frame and they are looking at you while you are in mid conversation with a friend. You also happen to be sexually available. What would you do, give them a better angle to look at or totally ignore?

For the first time in a very long time i may have apprehended a female in the wild indicating interest from a purely instinctual reaction to my physiology/image. I was too stoned to move but was interesting to see this mating ritual down to the details. This is a dynamic my Si pays no attention to 90% of the time.

It depends if I feel some sort of interest or curiosity or connection or not and if I do, I'd act on it and approach the person. It's something more than just physical attraction though as there are attractive people that I don't feel particularly drawn to. I guess essentially what I'm describing is the sexual instinct in terms of the enneagram. Given that I'm sexual instinct first (Sx/Sp), I find myself drawn to other people with the sexual instinct as first or second in their instinctual stacking combination.

Next time if you feel some sort of connection, just approach the person and talk to her. What's the worst that could happen?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
It depends if I feel some sort of interest or curiosity or connection or not and if I do, I'd act on it and approach the person. It's something more than just physical attraction though as there are attractive people that I don't feel particularly drawn to. I guess essentially what I'm describing is the sexual instinct in terms of the enneagram. Given that I'm sexual instinct first (Sx/Sp), I find myself drawn to other people with the sexual instinct as first or second in their instinctual stacking combination.

Next time if you feel some sort of connection, just approach the person and talk to her. What's the worst that could happen?
Well as far as that encounter goes i experienced her sexuality intensely. After this talking is not necessary. The surprise came when she began to undress her layers from across the room in syncronise to how she was being accepted sexually. Like a type of unconscious energetic, vortex feed back loop that her body responded to. Visibily bothered, her instincts activated and suddenly the history of the feminine unfolded.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Well as far as that encounter goes i experienced her sexuality intensely. After this talking is not necessary. The surprise came when she began to undress her layers from across the room in syncronise to how she was being accepted sexually. Like a type of unconscious energetic, vortex feed back loop that her body responded to. Visibily bothered, her instincts activated and suddenly the history of the feminine unfolded.
Well that's quite a description, sounds like it was an intense experience. Too bad you were too stoned to approach her.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I see. If that's your preference, ok.
In a more universal sense of morality how can i impose myself on her free will if what she is asking for is not something i can fullfill without consequence. If ultimately her happiness is my happiness whos preference is it? That which this question points to is my preference.

·
Registered
764 Posts
In a more universal sense of morality how can i impose myself on her free will if what she is asking for is not something i can fullfill without consequence. If ultimately her happiness is my happiness whos preference is it? That which this question points to is my preference.
Such philosophical questions, OdinsVardogr. I'm curious. Are you a 9? Your writing has spiritual undertones, reminds me of this type 9 description.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Yes 9 after 5. 5 concentrates inwards away from the world and 9 is receptive to the inner virtues. It is close to a permanent hiatus.
Ok. I believe you can identify with multiple types but there should be one that is dominant. 5 is ego stinginess and 9 is ego indolence.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
What makes you feel valued?
The short answer: recognition and respect

The long answer: these 2 make me feel valued, because on one hand there is the recognition, the clear and loud mentioning of my merits. It makes me feel very unappreciated if someone is quiet and doesn't mention a good thing I did. This might indicate that all my effort was in vain and the person(s) in question didn't even notice that I was working/fighting for them. The world is filled with people whose efforts and work go unrecognised. These are people on which the world ignores undeservedly. I want what is mine, no more, no less. I do not wish to be one of those people who go unnoticed and overlooked... to be honest, I'm too proud for that. When I say recognition, I'm not asking for exaggerated praise, but I want people to speak and clearly mention what I did and why I did it. No superlatives are needed, they make me feel embarrassed, nor do I want to be recognised for things I didn't do, just a factual recognition of my actions. On the other hand, others having respect for me makes me feel important. It is an uplifting and empowering feeling for me. It encourages me to continue to do what I was doing. It shows me that my efforts aren't in vain. Again people don't need to worship me necessarily... no exaggerated display is needed.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Some questions that have been floating around in my head for a bit:

1. What exactly are the main/most obvious differences between a Te-Ni and a Ni-Te?

2. Do histrionic or hypersensitive people drain you? If so, how badly?

3. Does being the only Ni user in a room full of Ne doms exhaust you, or at least piss you off? (What I mean by this, is when they all get going and start feeding the conversation into a million different ridiculous branches and never reach any conclusion on any topic.)

4. Can anyone recommend a good whiskey?

·
Banned
5,301 Posts
Yo yo ho's, are you the people with dom Te?
How can I get more Te into my life?

·
Banned
5,301 Posts
Some questions that have been floating around in my head for a bit:

1. What exactly are the main/most obvious differences between a Te-Ni and a Ni-Te?

3. Does being the only Ni user in a room full of Ne doms exhaust you, or at least piss you off? (What I mean by this, is when they all get going and start feeding the conversation into a million different ridiculous branches and never reach any conclusion on any topic.)

Whiskey?
Try some f***in' Wild Turkey mate.

·
Banned
148 Posts
Te dom involves constant interaction and high energy levels, while Ni dom tends to be more contemplative and distant. Moreover, INTx correlates somewhat with the autism spectrum, which simply isn't the case for extraverts.

The histrionic, which correlates with ExFP, drain everyone through their constant need for attention--they even drain themselves. But the hypersensitive (mainly IxFP) are quite precious, especially when serious-minded and gentle.

Very much so. Hyped up NeTi is downright exhausting. TiNe can also be very annoying if that second gear never kicks in, or if there's a constant recourse to anal-retentive nitpicking.

I recommend Laphroaig, especially Four Oak, which has matured in bourbon barrels. For a smoother and less smoky whiskey, try Oban.

Then again, if you're just clubbing, go for a classy Negroni (gin, vermouth rosso, campari).

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,078 (Edited)
What makes you feel valued?
In a work environment, acknowledgement of a job done well.
In my personal life, words of appreciation and affection from a loved one for an act of service.

·
Registered
712 Posts
@gassendi

Thanks. My husband has been asserting for quite a while now that I am an extravert, and I was finding it difficult to ascertain the difference between the two. I do see differences and similarities between his INTJ SIL and I. We can have these amazing conversations about all kinds of subjects that last for hours and hours, but the difference between us is that I can generally keep going, and when she’s done, she’s done. She sometimes has to take a nap. I enjoy challenging myself to the fullest extent intellectually, secularly, and physically, but with her, there is a closing-off point for all of those things. I ultimately crave power, even if I’m exhausted, and she wants to be left alone.

I think also what was confusing for me is that I’m surrounded my energy vampires. The BIL fancies himself to be an ENFJ, but is probably something else, as he is in constant need of petting and hand holding and ego stroking. My boss is the same way, and my little brother and sister are an ENTP and ENFP respectively. I love them very much, but I can’t handle a whole lot of the disjointed, ADD style, free flowing conversation with no closure.

Will try those scotch recs, thank you.
@Armeen Arlerrt

I was looking for something a little more high end, but I’m not opposed to trying it.

·
Banned
5,301 Posts
@gassendi

Thanks. My husband has been asserting for quite a while now that I am an extravert, and I was finding it difficult to ascertain the difference between the two. I do see differences and similarities between his INTJ SIL and I. We can have these amazing conversations about all kinds of subjects that last for hours and hours, but the difference between us is that I can generally keep going, and when she’s done, she’s done. She sometimes has to take a nap. I enjoy challenging myself to the fullest extent intellectually, secularly, and physically, but with her, there is a closing-off point for all of those things. I ultimately crave power, even if I’m exhausted, and she wants to be left alone.

I think also what was confusing for me is that I’m surrounded my energy vampires. The BIL fancies himself to be an ENFJ, but is probably something else, as he is in constant need of petting and hand holding and ego stroking. My boss is the same way, and my little brother and sister are an ENTP and ENFP respectively. I love them very much, but I can’t handle a whole lot of the disjointed, ADD style, free flowing conversation with no closure.

Will try those scotch recs, thank you.
@Armeen Arlerrt

I was looking for something a little more high end, but I’m not opposed to trying it.
Oh. I'm sorry I wouldn't know I don't drink much. What about Johnnie Walker?

4061 - 4080 of 4286 Posts