Personality Cafe banner

4281 - 4300 of 4317 Posts

·
Infractionated
I drive a blue tricycle with a gold bell.
8,601 Posts
My toddler is pointing to the cookie jar and toddler meltdown screaming for "food". She knows how to say many specific food names (including cookie), and I've obviously fed her and I did actually let her have one, but not a meal of cookies. I just realized if anyone overhears they may assume that I won't feed my hungry child instead of I won't let my child eat all of the cookies. Well played child, well played.

Is there a chance I'm raising one or you? :p

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
My toddler is pointing to the cookie jar and toddler meltdown screaming for "food". She knows how to say many specific food names (including cookie), and I've obviously fed her and I did actually let her have one, but not a meal of cookies. I just realized if anyone overhears they may assume that I won't feed my hungry child instead of I won't let my child eat all of the cookies. Well played child, well played.

Be weary if the toddler wants coffee to go with cookies. And swears a lot while working with word. Be weary.
If s/he also converts these documents into PDF files, well, you're in trouble.:smug:

·
King of Seduction
7,199 Posts

I wasn't much of a crier or fit thrower. I was pretty chill, actually my dear mom said I was a perfect child - but I think it's because she had my sister after me lol. I would have just asked with manners if I could have a cookie and my mom would have given me all the cookies, jk - kind of. I think my mom talked to me like an adult and would just explain that I could have a certain amount of cookies but not a bunch of them.

·
Registered
ENTJ
1,172 Posts

As a teenager I used to get pocket money to buy steak.

Just sayin.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts

Nope. I was what people classified as the 'perfect child'. Then I hit my teens. ;)

·
King of Seduction
7,199 Posts
What books do you like?
Truth be told I am not much of a book reader.
I don't read fantasy books, essentially I read books that have some sort of application or wisdom.

I've read: Blink, Outliers, Rich Dad Poor Dad, Book youself solid, the 5 love languages, How to win friends and influence people, etc. But haven't read anything recently.

One book I have considered reading is: Thick Face, Black Heart.
My problem reading is I am not good at reading a little bit at a time. I'll read an entire book in a day or weekend because I want to get it over with. So I have to have time to immerse myself.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Truth be told I am not much of a book reader.
I don't read fantasy books, essentially I read books that have some sort of application or wisdom.

I've read: Blink, Outliers, Rich Dad Poor Dad, Book youself solid, the 5 love languages, How to win friends and influence people, etc. But haven't read anything recently.

One book I have considered reading is: Thick Face, Black Heart.
My problem reading is I am not good at reading a little bit at a time. I'll read an entire book in a day or weekend because I want to get it over with. So I have to have time to immerse myself.

I don't read fiction. I only read computer programing books, history books and biographies. A few memoirs. I read a lot of scientific journals as well. That's why I want suggestions on some good books like self help kind of books or inspirational books.

I love to read. I have to get it over with too though, I want to read something and finish it all in one sitting.

·
King of Seduction
7,199 Posts
I don't read fiction. I only read computer programing books, history books and biographies. A few memoirs. I read a lot of scientific journals as well. That's why I want suggestions on some good books like self help kind of books or inspirational books.

I love to read. I have to get it over with too though, I want to read something and finish it all in one sitting.
What type of self help?

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Like business and personal growth. Like books by successful people or books that challenge the way you think.
Most of those are bullshit. Stick to the scientific journals or at least learn about good buisness from actual good businesses. Check out a book on James J Hill! He’s one of my favorite industrialist.

Reactions: Eu_citzen

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
What books do you like?
I can only concur with what's been said above.
When I read, it's usually non-fiction, I happen to thoroughly enjoy reading it for some reason.
Since I'm studying right now, it typically involved electronics at this point. Occasional geology.

Reactions: Leviticus Cornwall

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I can only concur with what's been said above.
When I read, it's usually non-fiction, I happen to thoroughly enjoy reading it for some reason.
Since I'm studying right now, it typically involved electronics at this point. Occasional geology.
I enjoy geology too. I had to learn about that and soil science because of the plant species I research.. I have read probably 50 USDA soil and land surveys the last year.

·
Registered
ENTJ
1,172 Posts
Never Split the Difference (negotiation)
A Field Guide to Lies and Statistics
And finance books like Market Wizards, the Accidental Investment Banker, Young Money
Also, Sapiens
And the Dune series

·
Registered
ENTP, 5w4, 594, ILE.
230 Posts
I don't think enough people appreciate my general awesomeness. What do I do?

·
Registered
770 Posts
The Way of Zen, Alan Watts; After the Ecstasy, the Laundry, Jack Kornfield

I mostly read medical journals. Some areas I'm interested in: autophagy and intermittent fasting, circadian rhythm, hyperinsulinemia, metabolic diseases, alzheimer's disease, nutrition, psychedelics

Never Split the Difference (negotiation)
A Field Guide to Lies and Statistics
And finance books like Market Wizards, the Accidental Investment Banker, Young Money
Also, Sapiens
And the Dune series
Sapiens is a great book! I enjoyed that one.

4281 - 4300 of 4317 Posts