Personality Cafe banner

1261 - 1280 of 4317 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
True.
I' fairly poor but unlike my friends who are not, I have always had " enough" and never been in debt/overdrawn my bank account, ect ect
Exactly, the size of our paychecks doesn't seem to be anything that different other then our higher likelyhood to pursue post grad degrees. But we do seem to be disproportionately not in debt.

Reactions: Fumetsu

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Do you make money easily?
I'm not rich by most standards.

However, when financially necessary I made shit happen. In college? Rent was due? I'd...
- throw a keg party and charge cover.
-find discarded IKEA stuff on the 29-31 (move out days) and sell it on Craigslist on 1-3 (move in days) & bank a couple hundred bucks.

I even had a few of my cute female friends dress in short shorts and tanks and offer to assemble your IKEA for you, for a nominal fee. We had fun, got paid, and I had a nice 'administrative' cut, ha.
I think a lot of us are financially savvy, and if we're not we at least know how to get shit done if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Yes. Although I'm not entrepreneurial unless it serves a higher purpose, such as a private sector solution to a social problem (if government are unwilling/unable to fund an initiative). I'm risk averse, so prefer to let others take the risk and not be tied-down myself.

I can make money if I need to. I'll do consultancy work on the side, and often find myself doing odd jobs for friends and connections that give me a little pocket money. Mostly I earn just enough to fund my hobbies and keep me comfortable.

I'm sure I'd be fantastic in business, but feel like my talents are better used for good than profit. I might turn to the dark side once I'm done fighting the good fight though.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I do now.

I'm also excellent at managing money: I do not make micro purchases (things like coffee, gum, soft drinks, etc.), I buy in bulk, I use credit cards but I've never paid a single penny in interest because I always pay in full every month and just collect the reward points, I don't buy anything at full price, I live with family because my job requires me to travel 80% (Mon-Thurs), I save one paycheck per month, etc. etc.

With that said, I was able to pay cash for my Benz, my ISTJ brother and I were able to buy a house for our parents (yes, even before buying places for ourselves-- we are Asian-- this is a common thing), and we're both almost debt free (education loans). He's 21, I'm 28.

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
I'm not rich by most standards.

However, when financially necessary I made shit happen. In college? Rent was due? I'd...
- throw a keg party and charge cover.
-find discarded IKEA stuff on the 29-31 (move out days) and sell it on Craigslist on 1-3 (move in days) & bank a couple hundred bucks.

I even had a few of my cute female friends dress in short shorts and tanks and offer to assemble your IKEA for you, for a nominal fee. We had fun, got paid, and I had a nice 'administrative' cut, ha.
I think a lot of us are financially savvy, and if we're not we at least know how to get shit done if you know what I mean.
Thanks for the ideas Leslie :crazy:!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I've been accused of being generous, big spender or savvy money manager, depending on whom you ask.

In school I had small, multiple business endeavours running (my parents never understood where it really came from). I've also been part-financing my family home since 21 whilst living on my own.

My past and present experiences have been at polar opposites: I was broke from helping two very close people financially over several years, barely keeping my head above water. It was always about ensuring I eked out a living then. I was very clear about moving up the career ladder to ensure I could secure a better income every time, whilst working hard to cut the accumulated debt from past mistakes.

I've taken on consultancy work whenever I can, either on a part time basis and also when I was retrenched. I don't believe in just being employed and look forward to doing something on my own someday, when I spot the right opportunity. I'm certainly not wealthy, but I feel blessed to have what I do now after the experience I've had. I'm still generous, but only to a selective few. I am guilty of enjoying the good things in life where I can. My sibling who is very frugal commented that I'm savvy with my money, knowing where to save and where to splurge (huge compliment coming from someone who doesn't buy Christmas gifts).

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
Yes and no. It depends, honestly!

Currently, I'm living with my parents to help take care of my dad in the evenings. I pay for the internet/television services (I wanted faster internet than basic), my mom and I go half-and-half on home health services for dad, I chip in for the power/energy bill, and about every two weeks I pay for a maid service to come in and clean the house. Both my mother and I have OCD, so having the house spotless every few weeks helps our anxiety over the cleanliness of the house. My mother has more anxiety over cleanliness than I do (before she was on medication, she'd vacuum the house 2-3 times a day, crying while she did it). Otherwise, most of my money goes into savings and investments, and I'm probably going to purchase a newer car fairly soon. I'm not particularly entrepreneurial in general, but I'm pretty good with long term planning, and if I was to start or run something, it would probably be a non-profit rather than a business, because a charity would be more up my alley than a business.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Who have you dated more often, introverts or extroverts? I'm asking this because while I'm way more attracted to extroverts, I seem to have real relationships more with introverts so I was wondering if this is common.

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,269
Who have you dated more often, introverts or extroverts? I'm asking this because while I'm way more attracted to extroverts, I seem to have real relationships more with introverts so I was wondering if this is common.
We batted this around before you joined up. (Last year, maybe? it's been a while) I think the question was directed to ENTJ women - I don't remember the men responding ...

If I'm remembering correctly, most (or maybe all) of the ENTJ women who responded were with introverts and tend to prefer introverts as SOs.

Reactions: Prada

·
Registered
811 Posts
Same situation as you. Prefer extroverts, but dated more introverts. I attract introverts for some reason.

·
Registered
308 Posts
More attracted to extroverts but if my recollection serves me right the best relationships have been with introverts. I have been introduced to some 'shy' people by well meaning match makers who claim they are introverts...they just turned out to be lazy.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
More attracted to extroverts but if my recollection serves me right the best relationships have been with introverts. I have been introduced to some 'shy' people by well meaning match makers who claim they are introverts...they just turned out to be lazy.
I used to date a lazy introvert. The relationships didn't last long.

We batted this around before you joined up. (Last year, maybe? it's been a while) I think the question was directed to ENTJ women - I don't remember the men responding ...

If I'm remembering correctly, most (or maybe all) of the ENTJ women who responded were with introverts and tend to prefer introverts as SOs.
I see. Though I'm more interested in answers of ENTJs in general. Since I'm one of those weirdos who claim that there is little to no mental difference between men and women. Now, I'm curious about the statistical number of ENTJs dating introverts.

Related question (for everyone), did you or did the introvert start the relationship?

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I'll get a crush type thing for extraverts sometimes but I really get a heart tug for introverts. Anything committed I've had before has been with an introvert. For some reason I think I would find it hard to commit to a relationship with an extravert.

·
Registered
792 Posts
About one third extroverts, two thirds introverts. I've initiated with all of the introverts except the INTJ, who seemed to have a master plan to catch me.

The extroverts had a hard team leaving me to my own devices, and I never got time to myself. Introverts are a little more independent.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
What challenges you have dealing with ISFPs?
All of them.

ISFPs are upside down ENTJs. They often try to do the same things ENTJs are attracted to naturally (working high in organisation ladder) but have all the impatience and bad organisation skills of ESFPs just worse. So, in my experience, I clash in every possible way with all ISFPs I've ever met. I'm too cold for them, too workaholic, too pressuring, too unexciting, too single-minded, too direct, too goal oriented etc. Reverse them and you get my opinion of the ISFPs I know.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
My last dating experiences, from most recent to oldest:
ENTJ- present
ENTP
INFP- second longest
INTJ
ENTJ-longest
ESTJ
INTP
INFJ
ENTJ

Es have it.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
What challenges you have dealing with ISFPs?
All the challenges.

If they move, it tends to bother me, if they speak, it tends to bother me.

All is fair and well though because I likely have the same affect on them.

Interestingly enough though I had a good relationship with an infp, when it wasn't good is when she lost touch of her intuitive side. I'm now in one with infj and that's almost perfect.

So the P clashes, the S clashes, and IF mixed with a S is a major clash. I enjoy introverts and I enjoy feelers if they can handle themselves but the mix of all the functions that I personally do not have makes isfps really frightening.

Not to mention whenever I am really unhealthy I act like one, so my view of them is skewed as the isfp I know best is myself on my darkest days, and I don't like that guy.

1261 - 1280 of 4317 Posts