Personality Cafe banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Well, here's a question for the Visionaries from an Idealist.

With technology (thanks ENTPs) and outsourcing (thanks ESTJs) rapidly replacing/displacing jobs, how are the majority of humans going to live in the not so distant future?
Sorry that's totally off topic. You are meant to question @Octopus1 about her life so that she can talk about herself.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
lol i thought of using the word mare, but I wasn't sure if that term a mongolian would use
Aaaahahaha!

I bet Mongolians have different words for all sorts of mares, like one word for a chestnut mare, another for a black mare, yearling mare, 2yo mare, three year old mare, a mare with a bad temper, a mare with a short tail, a three-legged mare. Although the last one they probably just call dinner.

Actually, come to think of it, considering how rare it is to milk a mare and how widely used artificial insemination is... you @desire machine were right to stress the point that the animal in question was a female. :chargrined:

·
Registered
418 Posts
They once used horse milk in a Gordon Ramsay show. I think the producers (is it dairy if it's not from a cow?) believe it offers health benefits. Apparently it didn't taste very good, but they used it in Christmas Pudding which they said had a luxurious sheen, rich texture and vanilla like flavor because of the horse milk.

There is a lot of conflict in this thread :sad: .
That's really weird...but cool! I didn't even know horses could be milked.
I mean, obviously they CAN be, but...
Ha, I never thought about it before :p

and yeah :rolleyes:
It's how the INTJ forum is, too. You can post literally anything and get yelled at. Anything. I basically said INTJs mean a lot to me and I like befriending them and got attacked by at least 3.
Ugh.
I guess it's an NT thing.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have a question for my fellow ENTPs!

So, I love debating but I hate it when actual conflict starts to become an issue. Like when people take things personally.
Is it just because I'm type 9 that I hate conflict so much, or do you guys also hate when things get personal?

·
Registered
6,256 Posts

So, I love debating but I hate it when actual conflict starts to become an issue. Like when people take things personally.
Is it just because I'm type 9 that I hate conflict so much, or do you guys also hate when things get personal?
No, I'm fine with people taking my arguments seriously and I don't try to get away with it by cutting my emotions from the crap I said and accusing them to "take it personally", when the person actually has a point and wants to defend it until the end.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts

yes I hate it, but I'm also a 9.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts

I think I'm type 9 too. I don't hate it but it ruins the fun excitement of the debate for me. And I think at such moment I literally look away from that person, because I think my first response is to agree or empathise with anyone showing emotions and that's against my agenda. I suppose when someone is "taking it personally" it tells me that I've misinterpreted the situation in a grander scheme of things. So I disengage to get back on track and when I re-engage I've figured out where I stand and where they stand in relation to me and where the compromise may be at. The debate may continue if the other party is interested but I'd be careful not to let it escalate. More likely I'll just stop and then go on thinking about the issue in my head for the rest of my life.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Wow this is skewed to the nine :).

What is @IDontThinkSo 's opinion on the Enneagram, if I may ask? (I've given up on the penalty points since the OP has dropped this thread. Everyone with penalty points please contact the admins and ask for full reimbursement of your PerC bonuses. If you are a Platinum member you are also entitled to a coffee w/ gluten-free cookie at any coffee store near you. At the cashier please say the words "I'm an ENTP and I'm a Platinum member", then point your finger at yourself, make a heart shape with your hands, make it beat three times and say "Personality Cafe" and repeat the question you were penalized for and wait for the cashier to answer your question. Please, remember to articulate clearly and post their response back to this thread. Thank you.)

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
@IDontThinkSo Sorry it took me this long to reply but it's rather unexpected that you consider Enneagram to be the ultimate fibre that binds science and logic together and gives it direction and internal structure! A picture is worth a thousand words indeed.

(I feel the need to explain many of my comments, I'm just kidding in case anyone is wondering.)

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Why do you ENTP have so many goddamn "Ask ENTP a question" type threads??

101 - 117 of 117 Posts