Personality Cafe banner

101 - 102 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
9w1 sp
2,754 Posts
I think it's because a lot of our qualities of caring, being helpful, organized, structured, etc. are things you see in other moms too...because you have to be when you have kids. I mean someone has to make sure the kids have some semblance of structure, get to school on time, do their homework, and aren't up all night, etc. So I think moms of all personality types end up having in many ways to fill the roles of enforcing rules whether that really comes naturally to them or not. I think people go down the stereotype route when they see the outward results of what their mom does but don't understand her inner process of getting there.

Also, people who are upset with their moms tend to throw shade our way because they think their mom is overbearing, too in their business, demanding, etc. and somehow that magically equals ESFJs....
Well, that certainly makes sense! Thanks for your response. And sorry about the scapegoating. Sensors get the shaft :/...

·
Registered
499 Posts
Posting this in here because some of you didn't seem to like the second Ask An ESFJ thread 😉

Why do you think everyone types their mom as your kind?
I think @SummerRoads is right! A lot of types have to take on responsibilities as a parent that may make it seem like they are esfj even though they aren't...

My best friend's mom, who I was sure was an esfj, I now believe is an esfp. She is organized and has a schedule (like Tuesdays are shopping say, Wednesday is laundry day, etc). But I've come to realize maybe that's not her typical inclination, but one she developed over the years to handle having kids, keeping the house running, etc.

So I think that's why you really have to examine how a person goes through their functions in situations, rather than specific habits they have. An ESFJ could be very untidy but still be an ESFJ. A Perciever could have a schedule, but also be open to last minute invitations, etc.

101 - 102 of 102 Posts