Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 1214 Posts

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was perusing the ESFP thread and noticed a lack of stickied threads, then I felt like I would help out:happy:

I've only seen this in two other threads but both seemed to do fairly well, so... ask an ESFP a question!

I shall ask one right now, @Stephen might you sticky this thread perchance?

EDIT:
and they need a photo thread sticky!
http://personalitycafe.com/esfp-forum-performers/100943-dis-my-face.html

DOUBLE EDIT: well... sticky if they want it stickied... don't want to be that guy... everyone that reads will know what I'm talking about lol.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Wait, what's the question?

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm... first question... first question....hmmm....

How do you think your Fi manifests itself?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Hmmm... first question... first question....hmmm....

How do you think your Fi manifests itself?
....heartburn?

·
Registered
551 Posts
And a certain type of stubbornness when it comes to arguing over favorite bands with friends.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Hey, ESFPs! ^_^ I'm currently in disguise as one of you. :ninja:

But how Extroverted would you say you are? How much alone time do you say you need? I'm curious, because ESFPs are so often described as the ​most extroverted type. Ever. o_o

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Hey, ESFPs! ^_^ I'm currently in disguise as one of you. :ninja:
Ooh..so you're wearing lingerie? =P

But how Extroverted would you say you are? How much alone time do you say you need? I'm curious, because ESFPs are so often described as the ​most extroverted type. Ever. o_o
I wouldn't say I NEED alone time, it just sorta happens. I never mind being around people, but there are times I want everybody to shut up.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have a enfp friend and I think she's more extrovert than I am.

But, I am very extrovert myself. I want to learn to be more at peace with being alone. I rarely want to be alone. Sometimes I would like to switch company though.

But being alone makes me quite sad after a while, feels like I'm dying on the inside if I spend too much time alone. Interacting with peopeoplevis what gives me energy.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Can an ESFP be pushy? I have a coworker who I think might be an ESFP. She is very in-your-face sometimes, to the point where I just want to tell her to get out.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Can an ESFP be pushy? I have a coworker who I think might be an ESFP. She is very in-your-face sometimes, to the point where I just want to tell her to get out.
A lot of us are - that seems to be the stereotype - but we don't necessarily mean to be, or at least I don't mean to be. I've noticed that I like to push my ideas/preferences on people during a certain hangout and I'm not very flexible to suggestions from others. Like, I'll often push the movies I've seen, or that I want to see, when it's movie night, or I often suggest the restaurants we go to. But I have been suggested certain places/things by my friends which I've come to love, so there is some flexibility.

Saying ESFP's are pushy is like saying INFP's hate most people; it's not necessarily true, although it's understandable why a person would assume it.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
A lot of us are - that seems to be the stereotype - but we don't necessarily mean to be, or at least I don't mean to be. I've noticed that I like to push my ideas/preferences on people during a certain hangout and I'm not very flexible to suggestions from others. Like, I'll often push the movies I've seen, or that I want to see, when it's movie night, or I often suggest the restaurants we go to. But I have been suggested certain places/things by my friends which I've come to love, so there is some flexibility.

Saying ESFP's are pushy is like saying INFP's hate most people; it's not necessarily true, although it's understandable why a person would assume it.
That sounds a lot like my coworker--she's very opinionated but she is very averse to criticism--something that this ISTJ thrives on. We are hierarchically on the same level, but she thrives on being on the center of attention, especially from the boss; I'm just the quiet person in the background.

·
Registered
279 Posts
That sounds a lot like my coworker--she's very opinionated but she is very averse to criticism--something that this ISTJ thrives on. We are hierarchically on the same level, but she thrives on being on the center of attention, especially from the boss; I'm just the quiet person in the background.
... I'm not quite sure how criticism factors in, though. Nobody really likes criticism, or at least, destructive/harsh criticism. I think there are opinionated/pushy people in any personality type.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Speaking for myself, as an ESfp, I am, or rather, I have been, sexually promiscuous.

I just feel a very strong urge to be physically close to someone. I never had a fuck buddy though. I fall in love too easily and do I like someone enough to sleep with them on more than one occasion, then I know I will fall in love.
Wouldnt like to have an open relationship either. Am way to sensitive and possessive for that sort of thing.

Im promiscuous in the sense that I've had many ONS. If I'm in a relation I prefer to be a shagadelic sex maniac with the one I love .

·
Registered
671 Posts
How do you feel about INTJs? I've only met 2 ESFPs (that I know of) and they were awesome, but very inconsistent with communication. I could never decide whether that was just their personality or if they really didn't like being around my INTJness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How do you feel about INTJs? I've only met 2 ESFPs (that I know of) and they were awesome, but very inconsistent with communication. I could never decide whether that was just their personality or if they really didn't like being around my INTJness.
One of my closest friends is an INTJ! I like being around him because he laughs at everything and is a calming presence. He's kinda like an anchor to me. But it's not strange for us to go a few days (or weeks) without talking.

1 - 20 of 1214 Posts