Personality Cafe banner

801 - 820 of 1214 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Do you get bored easily?

Do you like talking about deeper stuff or more everyday small talk stuff?

What types do you most get along with?

Do you ever get tired of people? I don't understand how some of you say you never tire of people...like imagine being at a party for hours then going to another party then hanging out with friends then being with your family...when if ever do you just need a break??

·
Registered
188 Posts
Also, ESFPs are underrepresented on here because they are all out doing stuff and don't see the point of discussing stuff like this...so why do you use this website?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Hi ESFPs :) INFJ here
Hi right back at ya!:wink:

Do you get bored easily?

Do you ever get tired of people? I don't understand how some of you say you never tire of people...like imagine being at a party for hours then going to another party then hanging out with friends then being with your family...when if ever do you just need a break??
Yes, I get bored with an activity or person very easily, yet at the same time, I am never bored on my own, because I live in my own LaLaLand of scenarios that will never happen. Also, I love movies, series and books, which are my major point of escapism.

There are a few people I talk about the deeper stuff, but there are very few, because I don't feel comfortable opening up to most. I don't mind being mocked for how I behave, but find it extremely hurtful to be mocked for who I am. Not a lot of people know me. Also, I like to deep-dive into some topics, but they generally have at least some sort of practical applicability and are relevant to myself. Not much of a philosopher. Also, I hate the really petty smalltalk. It's something I do with people I am expected to socialize with, it would be rude not to, yet there are no topics that are either safe to discuss or that we have in common. I'll drill down on a specific topic with someone pretty quickly, if I find them interesting and if we have something in common, or if they talk about something, where they caught my curiosity.

I get along pretty much with anybody, as I'm pretty easy-going, low-key and like to avoid conflict, which I positively suck at. On the one hand, I don't want to hurt people, on the other, I'm not assertive for my own cause. But I think I most like other ESFPs, male ESTPs and I think the one I was in love with most was an ISFJ. Probably. My friends seem to turn out either ENFP or ESTJ. Generally, I have easier communication with other sensors, and feelers.

And yes, I tire of other people. I love to spend time with friends that I genuinely like, and doing something together, but at the same time, I need a LOT of down-time, that I spend alone with my cats, not really talking to anyone. However, this could be also, because I don't generally fit in into any group that well and only the really positive interactions and the times I get enough attention without having to ask for it, that recharge me. And the choice between poor company and solitude, solitude is actually better. I go to parties thrown by the team or my friends, but I generally leave rather early.

Also, ESFPs are underrepresented on here because they are all out doing stuff and don't see the point of discussing stuff like this...so why do you use this website?
I guess most are out and about doing something fun. But there's always the oddball that needs to feel they belong at least somewhere and as little as people on the ESFP forum communicate, it does feel like home. Also, we don't tend to tell each other, from ESFP to ESFP that we are shallow, loud socialites, which is a comfort:wink:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I just started dating an ESFP. I asked him out but he seems like the more masculine one. He's taller, he takes charge more, more extroverted, etc. So how can I turn the relationship so that he asks me out and chases me instead of vice versa?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I just started dating an ESFP. I asked him out but he seems like the more masculine one. He's taller, he takes charge more, more extroverted, etc. So how can I turn the relationship so that he asks me out and chases me instead of vice versa?
Not intentionally, really. I rarely chase. I'll tease, I'll make an effort, and I have no problem contacting first, but to chase... not really. Possibly if he's head over heels into you, you make him happy and safe, and he becomes more needy than you are (ESFPs are quite physical), then he'll strive to get more time with you. Otherwise, I don't see it.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
If he is more masculine he'll automatically do that if he's interested. Just don't be so easy to get and make it a challenge. I don't think this is exclusive to ESFPs.

·
Banned
534 Posts
Hi! What music do you listen to?

I'm an INFP and my mom is an ESFP. She works as an imaging technician, so she sits next to a loud machine in a dark room all day and cant stand the constant WWWRRRRRHHHH noise. She told me she, "wants to replace the bad noise with happy noise." So I told her about the music threads on PerC and that piqued her interest because she hasn't really listened to music for many years (we like a LOT of the same stuff.)

So, any ESFPs wanna share what they like? Prince? Michael Jackson? Creedance Clearwater?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Hi! What music do you listen to?

I'm an INFP and my mom is an ESFP. She works as an imaging technician, so she sits next to a loud machine in a dark room all day and cant stand the constant WWWRRRRRHHHH noise. She told me she, "wants to replace the bad noise with happy noise." So I told her about the music threads on PerC and that piqued her interest because she hasn't really listened to music for many years (we like a LOT of the same stuff.)

So, any ESFPs wanna share what they like? Prince? Michael Jackson? Creedance Clearwater?
That's a cool idea, music heals and destresses:wink:

I'm rather eclectic and can listen to pretty much any genre, though my main thing is grunge, such as Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Mother Love Bone, Soundgarden...
Other than that, I love Red Hot Chili Peppers, Offspring, Blink-182, punk rock and pop punk/pop rock, alternative rock of all sorts. White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand, Pretty Reckless, Arctic Monkeys are all pretty good and I have them on my favourite playlists.

If more into oldies, Elvis is a classic and Ella Fitzgerald has a lovely voice and exudes a complete joy of making music:wink:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here's a question: How would you find a job where you were responsible to meet certain deadlines and in the process be responsible for other people meeting those goals (that is employees under your command)? Would this suite you or would it be your worst nightmare?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
@myanonemail I guess I could handle it, if I had to, but it wouldn't be a preference for me. To be honest, I'm not the manager type of person and like to work independently, within a team. Too much confrontation inherent in a job like that, and I hate confrontation, as well as either being micromanaged, or micromanaging someone.
Why do you ask?

·
Registered
114 Posts
@myanonemail I guess I could handle it, if I had to, but it wouldn't be a preference for me. To be honest, I'm not the manager type of person and like to work independently, within a team. Too much confrontation inherent in a job like that, and I hate confrontation, as well as either being micromanaged, or micromanaging someone.
Why do you ask?
Your anser speaks loudly to me. I ask because I have this situation at work and I think/know the ESFP there doesn't enjoy the position he/she has. He also hates micromanaging others and probably hates confrontation also. It's a bit of sticky situation in that way. Any advice how I could improve the situation? Totally different tasks aren't really on option here.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Your anser speaks loudly to me. I ask because I have this situation at work and I think/know the ESFP there doesn't enjoy the position he/she has. He also hates micromanaging others and probably hates confrontation also. It's a bit of sticky situation in that way. Any advice how I could improve the situation? Totally different tasks aren't really on option here.
Are you their boss/colleague?

If you're not in the position of power, where you can place the tasks somewhere else, I don't really know. Maybe offer to take charge of the operations meetings, where people catch-up on what's done and what isn't?
We used to have Tier 1 meetings in my past job and there, we'd rotate in the team, so that every morning, someone else was in charge of presenting. That displaces at least part of the weight of having to ask others on how far along are they and it doesn't come across as so domineering. Just chart it up and let people give the updates for themselves:wink:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Do you get bored easily?

I'm rarely bored because I'm always filling my time with something. Do I guess I do, but also, I don't because I've found ways to avoid this. Lol.

Deeper stuff as in abstract, conceptual things. Philosophy and stuff that hasn't "happened". Just ideas and thoughts and theories about life that's not tangible. If that is what you call deep, then that is not my everyday conversation. In those conversations I like to be the silent listener who sometimes chimes in for comic relief so that the participants realize that life does not have to be as depressing as they make it.

Everyday small talk? What does that include? I like to talk about life, myself and the experiences that I've had and the experiences that you've had and see what overlaps and learn about the differences between us and why you've made the choices you've made. I lie to talk about people and their impact on me. Things like that. I don't consider that small talk. Small talk is like talking about the weather. Who likes small talk? It's a necessary thing that we need to do in order to start a conversation sometimes.

My two best friends are an ESFJ and and ENFP. I find it easy to get along with most anybody. I suppose NT types are hardest to really understand. But I do have a close INTP friend...as close as you can be to an INTP. Lol. SFs are easiest to relate to. SPs are easy. I don't usually have a problem with NFs either. Just those callous, contrary NT types. Lol.

I get tired of people, but not while I'm with the people. I rarely notice myself getting tired when I'm in a social setting and I'm enjoying myself. But when I go home, I realize I was high on life and I come crashing down like the sugar wore off. In that way, I wouldn't say I tire of people. I'd say that people energize me. When they're around I never want to sleep or be alone. But when they're gone, I realize how hard I've been pushing myself. Obligations and other things is what keeps me from going overboard. I can't stay out all night because I will hate myself tomorrow if I do, not because I'm tired and can't do this anymore.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm currently obssessed with MBTI. Here's a place where I can talk about that stuff with people who know the lingo. Plus, I love to learn about other people. Plus I have a weird situation irl and my social life is not very active right now for reasons I don't feel like expanding on. So I've turned to the Internet to fill some of the void. And MBTI is really cool.

801 - 820 of 1214 Posts